• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what people are struggling to understand is. If RM sells the club (HE WILL NOT BE SELLING FF). He has to develop it, as the community interest for the housing development to be able to be built.

However he will sell it on a FORWARD PLANNING PURCHASE (when he sells the club) at a massively discounted rate, as without the stadium, he can't build the houses without the houses his pot of gold is at the end of one of them things called a rainbow.

With a lousy weather forecast for the weekend, i've got nothing planned, so await the latest news regarding a protest.
Just a suggestion, but staging one at Vic House Rdbt in Hadleigh, would give more pavement space all around, & also be seen by motorists heading along the A13 both to Benfleet & Leigh & A129 to Rayleigh Weir, rather than one outside his house which is only seen by those driving along Benfleet Rd?.
You obviously have not been to any of the demo's outside his house yet, otherwise you would understand that they have so far been very productive.

Yes but RH was also handed over and huge debts run up against it before Ron arrived.

When I was a young teenage lad on the terrace the older so called wiser lads convinced me that we only had to get shot of the awful greedy Rubins. 31000 v Liverpool proved we should be playing top flight footy.....It certainly couldn't get worse.

Well it did. We have had some fun but very costly trips to 2nd tier and our debt has grown as parts of the stadium has either been sold or falls down all around us.

Along with the council and Sainsbury's we had had many people/groups milk us and completely take the p**s. If your old enough and honest enough then Ron is just the icing on the cake.

The rather childish its all one mans fault and anyone but Ron attitude is actually dangerous for our future. Just like a battered woman, not learning your lesson and appearing vulnerable makes us a target for the next wrong'un.

If only people had used their vote rather than be brave on a keyboard and slag the trust or those that actually still keep the club alive. Too late to be fussy now, any rope will do for drowning man. Will I party when we are saved and promised the world.....No I won't.... I have learnt the hard way, time is the best judge when it comes to all things football.
Surprised you’re still spinning the RH debt nonsense. Within in a year the assets of the club are transferred, no surprise there, done by so many Chairmen of football clubs. Why not, potential gain to be made? Most councils are keen to see development, as were Southend. Unfortunately another chancer with no business acumen, but you always blame the council and Sainsburys’, wake up.

What I’m sure we can agree on is that the last thing any prospective purchaser is interested in is the footballl club, same old story I suppose, not the same attraction now though after your Mr Martin relocated our club to the BVI’s.

This is how I now see the situation. It's all put 2 and 2 together and maybe making 5, but it is the only way this last 4 months makes any sense to me:

In the press conference he says they don't want to sell the stadium and do not want to be SUFC's landlords. It comes to that they don't want to sell the stadium and does want to be SUFC's landlord.

Despite using the words 'Those words are banned' regularly, he wasn't aware that proper Those words are banned would expose things he would rather had stayed buried.

He's now decided that in order for things to stay buried he will go down the outside investment route and install a puppet chairman, who is now going through the 'fit and proper' test.

Something NEEDS to happen within the next couple of days. Whether that’s playing the friendly or Saturday in which case hopefully King Kev gets interviewed and gives his honest verdict of this whole situation, another club statement maybe. We just need something.

Something NEEDS to happen within the next couple of days. Whether that’s playing the friendly or Saturday in which case hopefully King Kev gets interviewed and gives his honest verdict of this whole situation, another club statement maybe. We just need something.
Lets see what comes out of this mate.

Lets see what comes out of this mate.

A protest at a man’s house, who will go out for the day!

IF the worse scenario happens ( pray God it wont ) , then i believe things will become a lot more sinister in more than one way for him & his family?.
if our club goes pop due to this parasite I will make it my personal mission that his life and future investments are as difficult as humanly possible. Many others are on the same feeling, some of them with shorter tempers than one.

he really doesn't understand the consequences I don't think because he is on another planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back