• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players leaving utilities not paid pitch not up to standard. MRtin knows all this but still he ignores it. The next hammer NL either give us 10 point deduction or out completely. I have to ask if he knows all of this what is he looking for. I dont understand what he gets out of us going under unless its RH.
Exatcly that ..total **** is martin

I understand you wanting to keep them ( well keep the certificate) but surely you would be more “proud” to donate them ?

londonblue

If everybody else does, yes. Otherwise it's a wasted gesture that robs me of my ownership.

Couldn't these other share holders designate a member of the Trust to sit on the board and act on their behalf? They would still own their shares.

If Ron doesn’t sell how are we going to pay players and staff throughout the season? Season card money already gone. Crowds will be low as the team will be s hite and facilities even worse. Might sell a few hundred shirts but that money won’t last long.

I’d take mid table for two years, under any fit and proper owner, if it meant not having the stress of worrying every single damn week about this bloody club!
I agree. We just need a normal boring season with few laughs along the way. From fan perspective football is all about entertainment and enjoyment, without those you question why I'm still bothering to follow to be honest.

• Love
Reactions: JD
Who is actually going to the first game of the season vs Oldham? It’s 50/50 with me I kind of want to go because it may be our last home game (god forbid it isn’t) but obviously don’t want to put any of my hard earned money in Ron’s back pocket… decisions decisions

I doubt an objection on the grounds of best interests of the club would be a planning matter - additionally it's the club making the application so it might be considered odd.

But you could object on the grounds of

Traffic increase from increased number of flats - this would be 24 7 365 rather than just 20 times a year compared to the larger stadium.

Poor design - could argue the asthetics are poor, especially relative to previous stadiums design.

Overdevelopment - increased number of flats represents overdevelopment of area.

There's probably more reasons - feel free to add them

Looks like we're unable to make comments online - probably out of time. But if anyone wants to object I'd suggest an email to ....

PlanningRegistrationTeam@southend.gov.uk

with planning ref no 23/00419/FULM

And of course if you live in Southend then contact your local councillor

As a reminder need to keep objections (or support) to relevant planning matters - that you dislike Ron will almost certainly not be a planning matter.

Don't know you personally but just want to say thanks for expressing so well what many of us feel. My SUFC journey goes back even further than yours and the whole situation is horrendous. Clearly RM could have resolved it if he chose to.

Thanks for your kind words, greatly appreciate your thoughts.

As I said, you can't be wrong in saying how you feel and I just tried to coherently express mine.

Cheers again.

Glad u like sir. 👍 glad the final product is good! I haven't seen it. Don't want to untill the release.

It's the designer who done it. I gave him ideas and he done the rest.

he looked at all our past. Past kits and colours, histroy the lot.

A lot of blood and sweat went into this about 4 months, bouncing ideas of each other. some cracking designs. The chosen one was my 2nd fav. The one, I loved was a little different! but Awesome. Once they are out. I will share the other colour templates of the chosen kit.

If the deal was done this week, a couple of new signings showing off the new kits in a new era for the club.

Oh well..... we can dream !
So as it stands we could potentially have the best kit in the division and the worst team in the division wearing it?

Perhaps the old "you can't polish a tu rd" adage is wrong.

Our problems are huge compared to most other teams however to say there isnt a wider football problem is wide of the mark in my opinion. I believe the only team in League One and League Two to make a profit is Walsall (may be a couple of others since I have seen this stat). Other clubs such as Charlton, Bolton, Derby, Birmingham, Reading, Luton, Orient, Morecambe, Portsmouth etc just to name a few other clubs to have had it bad in the last 10-15 seasons. On top of that you have clubs that have unfortunately gone under.

The authorities quickly need to get a grip on bad ownership of sports clubs to ensure that these huge community assets are not run in to the ground by terrible owners like Ron Martin. These community assets are hugely important for peoples mental health, the social circles, their entertainment along with so many other reasons.

There's not an issue with clubs losing money or not running at a profit. There's an issue with clubs losing money and not being able to cover the difference.

Spending money is a huge part of football's story and plots to curb spending are generally driven by a desire to stop smaller clubs from rising up the Pyramid.

Our situation is a textbook example of a scenario that regulation needs to prevent happening again, but we've been in this mess for 14 years and it's a semi-unique situation. Rigidly stopping owners from taking punts on that striker the fans think will take them to the next level isn't the issue and focusing on that just excuses the behaviour of ****ty businessmen like Ron Martin.

Great stadiums, great football. I don't know when you started watching the game (similar to me or earlier based on your username!) but football in this country is miles better at every level than it was in the mid-90s IMO.
My SUFC love-affair started in the late 80’s and I agree the the technical aspect of the game and fan infrastructure nowadays is incomparable. However, I’ve fallen more and more out of love with the game over the last decade and look back at my early years with so much fondness. The characters, how rough around the edges it was, terraces, the fact players could actually be physical, Bovril, no gambling firms emblazoned on shirts, the fact that Sky hadn’t monopolised the sport yet. Not saying your opinion is wrong, but I prefer the game as I first found it (and not just because it coincided with some of the best times in SUFC’s history :Winking:).

And that’s coming from a weasel. The man does not understand the meaning of the words Fit and Proper
in fact there are no words for him
Yes, it is amazing that RM could keep a straight-face when he said that in court. One also has to wonder about the competence of a judge who seem to take take RM's words at face value. But it is a sobering fact that RM has got as far as he has in life mainly because so many people over the years have given him the benefit of the doubt and his latest court appearance would seem to be just one more example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back