• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was me, I would simply not bother buying SUFC, you’d have to be mad to

And that sums it up in a single sentence. Unless of course you are blue to the Corr (sic) and have just won euro millions.

So whoever wants to buy this club it’s not because saving it means everything to them. They just want to make loads of spondulicks just like Ron.

The one hope is that doing that is not incompatible with being the custodians of a successful football club that requires a hell of a lot of tlc.

Reactions: TJC
The problem is we heard about Kimura and liked some of the stuff we heard - local people, spud etc. @ForeverBlue suggests the others are a great option but until we know who it's hard to judge. I guess we'll have to wait and RM sets a pretty low comparator. I think the most frustrating thing is that the buyers are said to not only replace Ron but offer a much brighter future.
I know all about the future and I can confirm that part of the statement was 100% true .

So the buyer gets 70% of the club, but 100% of the debt. Doesn’t mention the FF stadium or training ground?

So, why does RM want to retain circa 30% and what happens when RH is redeveloped and who will pay for the new stadium, training ground etc? Leaves a lot of questions, about as transparent as one of the filthy West stand gents windows
He isn't retaining 30%, 30% of the shares all go to individuals. He has majority ownership at 70%.

Edit: To stop this misinformation, go to 28 Sep 2021 Confirmation statement and scroll down

You will see South Eastern Leisure amongst that list with 70%

Edited again cause link was ****ed

Last edited:
So the buyer gets 70% of the club, but 100% of the debt. Doesn’t mention the FF stadium or training ground?

So, why does RM want to retain circa 30% and what happens when RH is redeveloped and who will pay for the new stadium, training ground etc? Leaves a lot of questions, about as transparent as one of the filthy West stand gents windows
He doesn’t own the other 30%.

From Google Bard:

Here is a list of football clubs that have been sold or bought for £1:

Chelsea (1982)
Portsmouth (1997)
Hull City (2010)
Swansea City (2001)
Wrexham (2011)
Notts County (2009)

Chelsea: Ken Bates bought Chelsea for £1 in 1982, but he also took on debts of £1.5 million. He eventually sold the club to Roman Abramovich in 2003 for £140 million.

Portsmouth: Terry Venables bought a controlling interest in Portsmouth for £1 in February 1997. He eventually sold the club to Milan Mandaric in 2003 for £50 million.

Hull City: Russell Bartlett sold Hull City for £1 in 2010. The club was eventually sold again in 2014 for £50 million.

Swansea City: Mike Lewis acquired a 99.15% share in Swansea City for £1 in 2001. He eventually sold the club to Huw Jenkins in 2005 for £20 million.

Wrexham: Wrexham FC fetched the same price 10 years later. The club was eventually sold again in 2021 for £2 million.

Notts County: England's oldest league club Notts County was purchased for £1 back in 2009 at a time when another former England boss, Sven Goran-Erikkson, was manager. But within just a year the then League 2 outfit were sold on again for the same amount.
Having used Bard a fair bit over the past few weeks I'd trust it less than Ron for any factual answers.

I actually believe to the right person, Southend United is an investment that could pay dividends. If you have the cash.

The ONLY way you could do that, is to buy the football club in its entirety, with RH and FF (fully developed by RM, at a discounted rate) as he can’t develop houses on FF unless the community interest is there (IE Stadium) and without the stadium he can’t build the houses (or at least sell them off plan).

So to the right person, you would just buy the whole thing, the focus for many would be the development with a sustainable football club attached, not a football club with a development attached.

Is anybody not worried that Tom Lawrence said that he had come to try and get some information regarding what's going on.

If the CEO of this club doesnt know what's happening, then the club is in bigger trouble than we thought.

Well done on the video. As to be expected by the fuhrer outside of court. ****es me off that those stewards act as some kind of human shield for that little cretin. The same stewards who weren't being paid and snatched any Ron out banners from fans in the west stand last season.

I literally have no clue how this mess gets resolved in a positive way.

I hope it does, but no longer have any faith that this ends well.

The man just kicks the can further down the road, club gets kicked off of NFL, whole thing folds. No club, no obstruction to build his flats everywhere ...job done

The man just kicks the can further down the road, club gets kicked off of NFL, whole thing folds. No club, no obstruction to build his flats everywhere ...job done

My exact thoughts. With the club non existent the council will EVENTUALLY let him build on both sites regardless in my opinion.

Why on earth you would want all this stress and aggro, when you’re 70 years old. I’ll never ever know.

Well we live to fight another day.

It baffles me to think that Ron could have accepted an offer by now and be sitting on a beach somewhere hot with his family sipping a cold beer.

Instead, he chooses to be greedy and doesn’t care about anyone, whether that be us supporters, the brilliant staff who have gone unpaid or indeed his own family (who no doubt would prefer not to have protests outside their home).

He infamously said he ‘****ing loves the club’. You don’t Mr Martin. Us fans love the club and you have single handedly destroyed it under your tenure through bad decisions and poor leadership.

I sat at work today constantly checking my phone to see how the case was going. To me (and 99.9% on this forum), Southend is so much more than just a game. It’s created many memories for my family and friends and that’s within touching distance of being lost.

Please, Ron, sell the club. Take the money and enjoy the rest of your life. Leave the club in good hands and allow the thousands of fans to once again have their club back. There are more memories to be made.

My exact thoughts. With the club non existent the council will EVENTUALLY let him build on both sites regardless in my opinion.

Why on earth you would want all this stress and aggro, when you’re 70 years old. I’ll never ever know.
Indeed - why didn't he fold the club on one of the other 20 odd times he's been in court over the past 15 years

I don't see why we couldn't do a Brighton, he's holding the club hostage over Roots Hall and Fantasy Farm. Just give him the land, let him give us or a custodian the club, let's go and ground share for a while and start the rebuild from there. Certainly not ideal, but the club survives, the supporters still have a team.

Well we live to fight another day.

It baffles me to think that Ron could have accepted an offer by now and be sitting on a beach somewhere hot with his family sipping a cold beer.

Instead, he chooses to be greedy and doesn’t care about anyone, whether that be us supporters, the brilliant staff who have gone unpaid or indeed his own family (who no doubt would prefer not to have protests outside their home).

He infamously said he ‘****ing loves the club’. You don’t Mr Martin. Us fans love the club and you have single handedly destroyed it under your tenure through bad decisions and poor leadership.

I sat at work today constantly checking my phone to see how the case was going. To me (and 99.9% on this forum), Southend is so much more than just a game. It’s created many memories for my family and friends and that’s within touching distance of being lost.

Please, Ron, sell the club. Take the money and enjoy the rest of your life. Leave the club in good hands and allow the thousands of fans to once again have their club back. There are more memories to be made.
Owning a football club in the UK gives you prestige and a place at the table. That’s why so many ‘dodgy’ businessman want them. Without us RM is just a failed property developer. Sadly, with our club he’s a somebody.

I suggest now we all just wait for a statement from the NL ,not a thing apart from continuing with the protests, hopefully in a larger scale you can do. Lets stop the bickering amongst ourselves , be united . I would like to think from this day on the only posts we get are from people ITK etc and thats not from the likes of that **** clairvoyant who wouldnt know what colour his s**t is, he is only here to stir the pot .

Indeed - why didn't he fold the club on one of the other 20 odd times he's been in court over the past 15 years
Probably because he was making money out of the club, player sales, tickets and just putting the bare minimum in. He also probably thought if he did get Fantasy Farm over the line he would make masses of money and have built his own coliseum to his own greatness...ego and dollar...all that Ron lives for

Probably because he was making money out of the club, player sales, tickets and just putting the bare minimum in. He also probably thought if he did get Fantasy Farm over the line he would make masses of money and have built his own coliseum to his own greatness...ego and dollar...all that Ron lives for
Because he is following the yellow brick road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back