• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the trust put its offer in ? GBP1.19p ...... and we will onboard enough partners to run a properly financed professional football club ..

we will create the appropriate corporate structures to create an attractive proposition for inward investors - including board level

hey ho - just a thought
There will be no inward investment with Ron still as landlord.

I read somewhere that the council bought their ground through a compulsory purchase.‘ why can’t Southend/Essex do the same

Wrexham: Wrexham FC fetched the same price 10 years later. The club was eventually sold again in 2021 for £2 million.
That one's wrong (although many reporters have made the same mistake). Prior to the Hollywood owners the club was owned by the Wrexham supporters trust. The club was sold for £1 but part of the terms of sale were that R&R had to invest £2m into the club immediately.

I’m afraid I can’t share any more information than I already have for now and I certainly can’t share on a public forum or anywhere for that matter where my information has come from, I doubt you’ll find anyone that would share that information from a source.

As I said previously, if some fans don’t want to believe me or think it’s not true what I’m saying, that’s their choice, I haven’t got any issue with that, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

But I 100% fully trust what I have been told, and everything I have been told so far has been correct. They aren’t the sort of person to make this up, I have known them far too long.

If you also choose to believe any part of tonight’s statement from Ron, again that’s your choice, but the man is lying to fans.
The truth will eventually come out.

Ron claims it’s Kimura holding up the sale. This couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s Ron and Ron alone holding this up. Why you ask? Because he has zero intention of ever selling the club to Kimura, he was never going to sell the club to them, he just wanted to use them.
Thanks for the update and defo if true gives us some hope. I see Jack Shaw is all but calling you a liar though on twitter. Said kimura one and only people interested and anyone who says otherwise are lying

Thanks for the update and defo if true gives us some hope. I see Jack Shaw is all but calling you a liar though on twitter. Said kimura one and only people interested and anyone who says otherwise are lying
Unless I’ve been directly lied to today (which I very much doubt) then there is only one offer on the table and one bid on the table and that is Kimura.

If I’ve been lied to. Then hey, shot me down. But I certainly don’t have the person down as a liar!

Unless I’ve been directly lied to today (which I very much doubt) then there is only one offer on the table and one bid on the table and that is Kimura.

If I’ve been lied to. Then hey, shot me down. But I certainly don’t have the person down as a liar!
Lied to by whom?

I've not been your biggest supporter CRATE, but fair play to you mate.
Thank you! I have hours and hours of footage including interviews with famous football faces, fans, blues players ex and current and so much more. But I’m very much restricted with what I filmed earlier in the year due to the roof we went on! But hopefully soon we will be able to actually release the documentary in full!

Now I must admit, up until page 597, I had probably read / skim read every post on this thread but when I logged in last night to see 50 pages in 24 hours (and the same again just now!) I haven't had the time or capacity to read 100 pages!

Now first up, big up to @Exiled Shrimper who came across brilliantly on BBC Essex and was very clear and concise on what hurdles the club will encounter over the coming weeks.

Now I never genuinely feared the club would get wound up today but my biggest fear/s is what will happen to the club between now and the start of the season and today's news has only escalated that. I don't see how there won't be major consequences ahead of the coming season. And to only get a points deduction would be amazing. How we will have a functioning team / squad ahead of the start of the season when the "current" squad can't even turn up to train at BL due to the physio not being paid!

Where the club goes now is basically solely in the hands of the NL.

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said.

A sobering experience. Again. RM representing the club himself because he couldn't afford legal reps, so no old Hilary Stonecroft today.

He did a terrible job. Blabbed on about having financially supported the club for 25 years.

Unless the judge saw/heard something we didn't (probable), then I didn't hear anywhere near enough from RM imo to bag a 42-day adjournment, but here we are.

Make no mistake though, I don't see the NL giving 42 days.

Good entertainment value but major head-shaking moment to see him chirp up and try to argue with the HMRC barrister after he'd already been awarded his adjournment. Idiot. Take the win and shut. Judge shut him down swiftly!

Highlight of the undoubtedly sinking beers and setting the world to rights all afternoon with @FarmdogSUFC and @Liam AAS.

So the buyer gets 70% of the club, but 100% of the debt. Doesn’t mention the FF stadium or training ground?

So, why does RM want to retain circa 30% and what happens when RH is redeveloped and who will pay for the new stadium, training ground etc? Leaves a lot of questions, about as transparent as one of the filthy West stand gents windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back