• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said.

A sobering experience. Again. RM representing the club himself because he couldn't afford legal reps, so no old Hilary Stonecroft today.

He did a terrible job. Blabbed on about having financially supported the club for 25 years.

Unless the judge saw/heard something we didn't (probable), then I didn't hear anywhere near enough from RM imo to bag a 42-day adjournment, but here we are.

Make no mistake though, I don't see the NL giving 42 days.

Good entertainment value but major head-shaking moment to see him chirp up and try to argue with the HMRC barrister after he'd already been awarded his adjournment. Idiot. Take the win and shut. Judge shut him down swiftly!

Highlight of the undoubtedly sinking beers and setting the world to rights all afternoon with @FarmdogSUFC and @Liam AAS.
What you need to know are the exact words of his opening gambit. If you know them, then the rest of his waffle is irrelevant! He was then always going to get a reprieve .

If you know , you know!

I remain …

He's the only reason a takeover hasn't happened. A comsortium hasn't given him what he wants... which is to hold onto certain aspects such as the ground on a then rental release.

I heard from a very trusted source a few weeks ago that a consortium, which I'm assuming was Kimura, wanted to purchase EVERYTHING, including the stadium, training ground, academy, etc, etc. Therefore , they must have made a substantial offer, which RM clearly rejected. I'm therefore stunned that the judge allowed another adjournment when he owes money to HMRC, staff, and multiple sources. He could have cleared those debts and cleared off ... but he's hanging around like a bad smell. Lie after lie claiming it's down to Kimura, and we still cant get rid of him. Due to his greed, we are going to end up with no players, no coaching team, no pre-season and no hope for next year or beyond. Just go you little rat!

Thought one of the somments on the article was on the money::-
↪ in reply to No Riff Raff
interested resident12th July 11:27 pm

User ID: 474048
"Also suggests that Ron will retain ownership of all land assets (Roots Hall, Boots and Laces, Fossetts). Ron would therefore make a small fortune on the property deals more than recouping his 'investment' whilst the club would only have a three year 'tenancy'. The buyers aren't fools and this is clearly why no deal has gone through."

'I paid £25 million for Peter Clarke's wages and my coiffure and I want my money back' bleats the 70 year old man-baby with no sense of responsibility towards his obligations to HMRC, his unpaid staff, unpaid players, and the fans of this great club who have witnessed his car-crash of a tenure.

In reply...'You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. In the name of God, go.'

With the adjournment (a shame as this would have led to an outcome), i think one of the next best things that could happen is the NL put a really tight timeline on expulsion - with a "clear this up" or else ultimatum. Logic could suggest that if there is no club, Ron won't get anything and unlikely rental income etc from a stadium.

He's the only reason a takeover hasn't happened. A comsortium hasn't given him what he wants... which is to hold onto certain aspects such as the ground on a then rental release.

I heard from a very trusted source a few weeks ago that a consortium, which I'm assuming was Kimura, wanted to purchase EVERYTHING, including the stadium, training ground, academy, etc, etc. Therefore , they must have made a substantial offer, which RM clearly rejected. I'm therefore stunned that the judge allowed another adjournment when he owes money to HMRC, staff, and multiple sources. He could have cleared those debts and cleared off ... but he's hanging around like a bad smell. Lie after lie claiming it's down to Kimura, and we still cant get rid of him. Due to his greed, we are going to end up with no players, no coaching team, no pre-season and no hope for next year or beyond. Just go you little rat!
The National League needs to step in and protect Southend United from the destructive impact of its Chairman.

Probably the worst deal in the history or worst deals…no wonder there isn’t anyone buying.
For your £1 you get a £100k a month loss making business with no way to make it not a loss making business.
For your £1 you have to take on £4M? In debt and find a way to pay that back.
For your £1 you get to play in one of the worst and dilapidated stadiums in the country
For your £1, while you get said **** stadium rent free for 3 years, if you magically get promoted you have to pay for it.
For your £1 after 3 years you have to pay rent on a stadium that will undoubtedly in a worst state that it was 3 years earlier.

**** me!!!
Look I am no Ron lover but that is what he had been dealing with and paying day to day (until he got skint) the whole time. I was fully prepared that there was some sort of negotiation that he would maybe take a 60% or 70% haircut on the loans but I actually didn't expect it to be 100% which is what that sounds like.

Last edited:
Thought one of the somments on the article was on the money::-
↪ in reply to No Riff Raff
interested resident12th July 11:27 pm

User ID: 474048
"Also suggests that Ron will retain ownership of all land assets (Roots Hall, Boots and Laces, Fossetts). Ron would therefore make a small fortune on the property deals more than recouping his 'investment' whilst the club would only have a three year 'tenancy'. The buyers aren't fools and this is clearly why no deal has gone through."
I agree totally. As I see it, a buyer who accepted Ron's terms would not only have to pay off all of the Club's considerable debts and then finance the strengthening of the squad and the day-to-day operation of the Club but would also need to find or build a new home for the Club away from Roots Hall or Fossett's Farm as soon as possible (ideally within the 3 rent-free years) in order to remove the Club fully from Ron's grasp. I really don't see anyone with any business sense taking that on.

Well, predictably the statement was a steaming pile of horse manure.

The only substance was Ron talking up what he expects from the deal. Now that he's let that much be known, I can't see how any outside group not connected to Ron (i.e. Kimura), would accept to those terms. It's the hope that kills you, all the stuff over the last 6 weeks like Simon Jacksons "WALLOP!" IG post, and any ITK posts saying the announcement was imminent have all aged badly... I hold my hands up that I got a bit swept up in this too.

Now it's over to the National League to land the next kick in the balls. "Death by 1000 needles" was an apt comment made either here or on Twitter.

Last edited:
If this is the deal being offered we may as well lock this thread.

This entire process has been a massive waste of everyones time and just bought utter despair and infighting amongst us all.

Only an insane person would have the gall to offer such a deal.

No one in the world would take such a horrendous deal.

Game over.
Indeed, why would anyone buy a pigs ear?

Look I am no Ron lover but that is what he had been dealing with and paying day to day (until he got skint) the whole time. I was fully prepared that there was some sort of negotiation that he would maybe take a 60% or 70% haircut on the loans but I actually didn't expect it to be 100% which is what that sounds like.
The difference being he has a huge payday at the end of it all. He has borrowed money over the years against what was once the clubs land to enable him to keep us and himself going, any new buyer won't have that chance unless they are able to buy everything.

He never had any intentions of doing anything else when he borrowed money to purchase us other than build houses. We are and were the thorn in his side as he needed us to complete his dream. We are a bi-product of his fantasy land nothing else. Now the pot is empty he wants to offload us and expects another to take on the loss making part of his dream whilst he still controls everything else.The debts have mounted up because it has taken him and still is 20 odd years to try to do it.

Somebody mentioned the pearly gates earlier in a post , he would go there and tell God to get out of his seat. The man has no empathy or conscience as befits a narcissist. Being the most hated man in the town does not bother him at all as he thinks he has done or is doing nothing wrong, yet here we are in tattters, a basket case of a club.

I hope the NL give him a rude awakening call today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back