• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not suggesting anyone occupies Roots Hall (because I cannot man the barricades} but for how much longer we have the **** taken out of us ??

WHERE IS THE SEASON TICKET MONEY ????

the supporters could run the club - and the way its going will end up running the club -
You mean people purchased season tickets with all this going on 🤔
I thought the message was to hold back, knowing how many were owed money?

Probably the worst deal in the history or worst deals…no wonder there isn’t anyone buying.
For your £1 you get a £100k a month loss making business with no way to make it not a loss making business.
For your £1 you have to take on £4M? In debt and find a way to pay that back.
For your £1 you get to play in one of the worst and dilapidated stadiums in the country
For your £1, while you get said **** stadium rent free for 3 years, if you magically get promoted you have to pay for it.
For your £1 after 3 years you have to pay rent on a stadium that will undoubtedly in a worst state that it was 3 years earlier.

**** me!!!

Isn’t this thread now a complete waste of time and the sales process largely irrelevant. The club is now in a position where I don’t see how we can fulfil our fixture obligations and surely the National League is going expel us from the league, I can only see it being a matter of time.

Would love to be proved wrong, but after over 35 years of following the Blues, 80 odd grounds, 700 odd games, I have now reached the point this is all getting too much and too sad and genuinely feel we all need to be put out of our misery and our life support machine switched off. Beyond depressing!

14 players, no medical team, no pre season, nobody is going to want to come, no friendlies, is the game on Saturday going ahead?

I have now reached the point of past caring and just want to be put out of this abject misery.

Just enjoying Wimbledon and the Ashes for now, welcome distraction

didn’t Ken Bates sell Chelsea or Leeds for a nominal £1 ?

From Google Bard:

Here is a list of football clubs that have been sold or bought for £1:

Chelsea (1982)
Portsmouth (1997)
Hull City (2010)
Swansea City (2001)
Wrexham (2011)
Notts County (2009)

Chelsea: Ken Bates bought Chelsea for £1 in 1982, but he also took on debts of £1.5 million. He eventually sold the club to Roman Abramovich in 2003 for £140 million.

Portsmouth: Terry Venables bought a controlling interest in Portsmouth for £1 in February 1997. He eventually sold the club to Milan Mandaric in 2003 for £50 million.

Hull City: Russell Bartlett sold Hull City for £1 in 2010. The club was eventually sold again in 2014 for £50 million.

Swansea City: Mike Lewis acquired a 99.15% share in Swansea City for £1 in 2001. He eventually sold the club to Huw Jenkins in 2005 for £20 million.

Wrexham: Wrexham FC fetched the same price 10 years later. The club was eventually sold again in 2021 for £2 million.

Notts County: England's oldest league club Notts County was purchased for £1 back in 2009 at a time when another former England boss, Sven Goran-Erikkson, was manager. But within just a year the then League 2 outfit were sold on again for the same amount.

From Google Bard:

Here is a list of football clubs that have been sold or bought for £1:

Chelsea (1982)
Portsmouth (1997)
Hull City (2010)
Swansea City (2001)
Wrexham (2011)
Notts County (2009)

Chelsea: Ken Bates bought Chelsea for £1 in 1982, but he also took on debts of £1.5 million. He eventually sold the club to Roman Abramovich in 2003 for £140 million.

Portsmouth: Terry Venables bought a controlling interest in Portsmouth for £1 in February 1997. He eventually sold the club to Milan Mandaric in 2003 for £50 million.

Hull City: Russell Bartlett sold Hull City for £1 in 2010. The club was eventually sold again in 2014 for £50 million.

Swansea City: Mike Lewis acquired a 99.15% share in Swansea City for £1 in 2001. He eventually sold the club to Huw Jenkins in 2005 for £20 million.

Wrexham: Wrexham FC fetched the same price 10 years later. The club was eventually sold again in 2021 for £2 million.

Notts County: England's oldest league club Notts County was purchased for £1 back in 2009 at a time when another former England boss, Sven Goran-Erikkson, was manager. But within just a year the then League 2 outfit were sold on again for the same amount.
Most distressed companies will be sold for a quid.

Has the trust put its offer in ? GBP1.19p ...... and we will onboard enough partners to run a properly financed professional football club ..

we will create the appropriate corporate structures to create an attractive proposition for inward investors - including board level

hey ho - just a thought

Has the trust put its offer in ? GBP1.19p ...... and we will onboard enough partners to run a properly financed professional football club ..

we will create the appropriate corporate structures to create an attractive proposition for inward investors - including board level

hey ho - just a thought
The Trust will not have the kind of money need to run this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back