• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we’ve gotta get used to the fact there’s gonna be no kimura taking us over and get on board with these other supposed parties once we find out who they are

How about Ron clears the HMRC debt etc and all that's required to get us out the embargo, this will give us the best chance of promotion so he can get his 50 percent rent.

Strange he has mentioned 3 years rent free. Didn't he say a while ago the club would start playing at the new ground 18 months after the start of its construction. If so does 3 years indicate we are still 18 months away from a spade going in the ground

Plus maybe the 1.5 mill they found so add that on. Kimura probably agreed to the balance sheet until they found the hidden stuff and now want to dig deeper. Then they need running costs.
As for Kimura I can’t believe they are hung up on if they pay £1 for the club, whether the debt is an extra £1.5m or not. I really can’t .

What they will be interested in is FF and the commercial arrangements for the new stadium- it’s that is that is critical to their business case. A c**k waving contest about the £1.5m is, in the scheme of things, neither here or there giving what else is going on…

Think we’ve gotta get used to the fact there’s gonna be no kimura taking us over and get on board with these other supposed parties once we find out who they are
The problem is we heard about Kimura and liked some of the stuff we heard - local people, spud etc. @ForeverBlue suggests the others are a great option but until we know who it's hard to judge. I guess we'll have to wait and RM sets a pretty low comparator. I think the most frustrating thing is that the buyers are said to not only replace Ron but offer a much brighter future.

Hypothetical question! If SUFC goes out of business can RM still then build Flats etc. on Roots hall and FF or is their a requirement for him to build a stadium even if there is no club to build it for? I am probably being really thick and conspiracy theorist here!

I wonder what Ron's intending to charge after that, is there a regulator that would set a price or could Ron just charge us millions if he felt like it?
I would imagine the rental fee would be I the contract of sale, and the rent would be 50% of that if we got promoted in the first 3 years.

The idea of thinking about our club 3 years from now seems laughable.

i am not suggesting anyone occupies Roots Hall (because I cannot man the barricades} but for how much longer can we have the p+ss taken out of us ??

WHERE IS THE SEASON TICKET MONEY ????

the supporters could run the club - and the way its going will end up running the club -

Last edited:
I would imagine the rental fee would be I the contract of sale, and the rent would be 50% of that if we got promoted in the first 3 years.

The idea of thinking about our club 3 years from now seems laughable.
But by the looks of it we won’t be in a league next year and I bet their are no clauses about promotion from what league so 2 years to get promoted from tier 6 I guess? ****ing ****

I know I really shouldn't, but I still can't help myself and a sizeable part of me still believes Ron that he will write off the paper debts to him, as @CRATE confirms he has reiterated above.

I think he's very happy to accept £1, wipe his debts and let the new owner take on existing external debts and financing of the club moving forwards. What would be up for negotiation is what the new owners actually own, do they get FF, training ground etc, or does Ron get to keep the lot.

That'll be the sticking point IMO.

When Ron says debts owed to “him” who exactly is he referring to? The companies where he no longer has a controlling interest/relinquished his directorships?

Nothing in that statement - absolutely no confidence taken from it whatsoever.

Not surprised 😩
Doesn’t really matter what he says as nobody believes him anyway.

Lots of new detail in there. Club only. 3 years rent free (unless promoted). £1 purchase price. No intention in seeking a return (in his press conference he only spoke I think of not getting all of it back).

Doesn’t mention Kimura by name. Only says he’s been lots of speculation regarding the front runner. Has done everything to close the deal quickly - the deal with Kimura or another party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back