• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ron wants £1.3m extra for the sale can we as fans not try and crowdfund this for Kimura so we can get the rat out? Sure other clubs fans will contribute too.

• Wow
Reactions: JD
It`s not as if it is a surprise by the NL? Who on earth is running our club?
It can`t be left to stagnate, and be ready to start a season!!?

Is he just really waiting for us to be thrown out, so he can say, " I tried to sell the club, don`t blame me, I tried but the NL threw us out ? "

What a parasite he is.

If Ron wants £1.3m extra for the sale can we as fans not try and crowdfund this for Kimura so we can get the rat out? Sure other clubs fans will contribute too.
That's a lovely idea but we wouldn't get 5% of that amount. That's a huge amount of money.

Plus can you imagine asking people to put their hand in their pocket during a cost of living crisis to pay over a seven figure sum to Ron Martin?

Since the start of the embargo can anyone point at a statement or promise by RM to fans, staff, players, courts, creditors, potential buyers, or anyone else that has actually happened, either on time or at all ?

Buying a football club along with a sizeable new stadium worth 10s of millions, I don't think the £1.3m is breaking the deal either way surely- its a medium term investment at least, and more important would be getting the right stadium built as part of the right overall deal (club and stadium/facilities). I'm sure the real sticking points are FF related not around something found in the DD however annoying it will have been (they can get the £1.3m back somewhere in the stadium deal)

Couldn't think of anything worse than contributing money to Ron Martin via crowdfunding. People are refraining from buying season tickets due to money going to him, can't see this raising any more than £100 if I'm honest (Unless the trust fancy throwing him a 5-figure sum again).

I see the Regis Group being named. I believe current CEO is Grant Cooper. Grant is a local man who once lived in Thorpe Bay. He had a brother called Lee (no I am not sh*tting you) They were sons of the owner of Coopers the high end furniture store in Southchurch Road. Grant has been in involved property for years, notably with Rylands Associates of Southend. I think it’s fair to say that Grant and Ron more than likely be known to each other.

I should say that the information I state is on the basis that this is the Grant Cooper I once knew. If it is not apologies and I will hide under a toadstool for a bit.
Rylands Housing?

I see the Regis Group being named. I believe current CEO is Grant Cooper. Grant is a local man who once lived in Thorpe Bay. He had a brother called Lee (no I am not sh*tting you) They were sons of the owner of Coopers the high end furniture store in Southchurch Road. Grant has been in involved property for years, notably with Rylands Associates of Southend. I think it’s fair to say that Grant and Ron more than likely be known to each other.

I should say that the information I state is on the basis that this is the Grant Cooper I once knew. If it is not apologies and I will hide under a toadstool for a bit.
Grant lives in Thailand and has nothing to do with Regis anymore.

If the prospective buyer can't afford to purchase the club, how the hell will they be able to fund new signings? Do we really want a new owner who is just as skint as RM? Outa the frying pan into the fire!!

Tbh I'm normally quite positive and always think it'll work out, but something isn't sitting good with me tonight as the minutes tick past. Yes I am angry with that little weasel Martin, and whilst at this stage I don't think protests outside his house will achieve anything, I can understand the anger. Equally though, who the f##k are the directors who have allowed it to get to this bottom of the pit stage. Equally they are guilty of our downfall. What a gutless, weak spineless bunch for sitting back all these years.
Protests outside his house do have an effect!

Ta. Guess I get frustrated with the statements that were gonna get thrown out the league, points deductions etc etc. When the reality seems to be that no one knows, because the 'rules' that the NL follow aren't prescriptive. So whilst we may suffer some kind of penalty no one knows for certain what it will be or when it may occur.

I guess Anna Firth and the trust reps at the nl meeting may know more but neither are talking publicly in any detail, so hard to know.
We are on a conditional license. This will develop very quickly.

Matt, my comments are based on intel from that meeting. I don’t know for certain as things change and we don’t know what line Ron has tried with the NL.

I don’t think they will be falling for his rubbish though, think they see through him.

Thanks. NB I wasn't digging out the trust, I'd imagine most of any discussion with the NL was based on a no public disclosure basis, as they don't seem to want to do their business in public, which is their perogative, and probably quite right! Although it would be nice to hear from them what deadlines and conditions they are seeking to be met, I can see that it would be making a rod for their own back.

Rylands Housing?
Grant Cooper ran Rylands Associates. When this went bust it caused a lot of financial issues and misery for many local leaseholders and businesses. I understood he fled to Thailand so suspect Regis would distance themselves.

Grant Cooper ran Rylands Associates. When this went bust it caused a lot of financial issues and misery for many local leaseholders and businesses. I understood he fled to Thailand so suspect Regis would distance themselves.
Spot on Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back