• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron needs to give up trying keep FF, changing the goal posts every time it get close and just accept the existing offer to expound the debt and buy the club.

I hope the national league scare him tomorrow and give him an ultimatum.

At the moment Ron is the laughing man from the Spanish interview rather than the previous meme.

I love the club and want it to survive but I cannot stand this current ‘barely existing’ state we’re in, feels like a slow death on ever reducing life-support. I hope the NL tell him he’s got a week to pay all outstanding debt most importantly to staff, or we’re expelled. I don’t want it to happen, but I can’t stand the thought of that man getting away with doing this to our club. Particularly when there’s an offer on the table he could take, but won’t for his own selfish greed. I don’t want to see us get hammered every week with relegation a certainty by Christmas. I’d sooner take the chance on a Phoenix club starting in the ESL where that man cannot do any more damage.

Given the lack of a statement, is it unreasonable to ask if perhaps all the pieces expected to fall into place by RM have not yet happened?

I love the club and want it to survive but I cannot stand this current ‘barely existing’ state we’re in, feels like a slow death on ever reducing life-support. I hope the NL tell him he’s got a week to pay all outstanding debt most importantly to staff, or we’re expelled. I don’t want it to happen, but I can’t stand the thought of that man getting away with doing this to our club. Particularly when there’s an offer on the table he could take, but won’t for his own selfish greed. I don’t want to see us get hammered every week with relegation a certainty by Christmas. I’d sooner take the chance on a Phoenix club starting in the ESL where that man cannot do any more damage.
Lingchi

I’m genuinely embarrassed to be a Southend fan because of Ron Martin

We felt the same under FB. Companies wouldn't touch us, non-payment of bills and reputation in tatters. It doesn't take long and under new, decent owners we regained trust and credibility. The same will happen to you.

When the takeover does happen, you could do worse than speaking to our owners, Nigel Travis & Kent Teague for advice, just as they spoke to the late John Berylson at Millwall.

Keep the faith

We felt the same under FB. Companies wouldn't touch us, non-payment of bills and reputation in tatters. It doesn't take long and under new, decent owners we regained trust and credibility. The same will happen to you.

When the takeover does happen, you could do worse than speaking to our owners, Nigel Travis & Kent Teague for advice, just as they spoke to the late John Berylson at Millwall.

Keep the faith
Cheers fella. I'd literally die for a game against you lot at your place right now. Taking over the Coach & Horses on the High Road etc. God I miss those games :Frustrated:

Club left in a coma. Not enough players, unpaid staff, unpaid bills, unfit training facilities. Cannot see how we can start the season in the current state we are in and even if we do we are likely to take a good few drubbings given the lack of players and likely a lack of fitness.

Ron Martin is an arrogant, pig headed, self centred “see you next Tuesday” who continues to treat the club and the fans with total and utter distain. I truly hope nothing good comes out of this for him and he is left in a heap on the kurb once it’s all done. Nasty little man.

Club left in a coma. Not enough players, unpaid staff, unpaid bills, unfit training facilities. Cannot see how we can start the season in the current state we are in and even if we do we are likely to take a good few drubbings given the lack of players and likely a lack of fitness.

Ron Martin is an arrogant, pig headed, self centred “see you next Tuesday” who continues to treat the club and the fans with total and utter distain. I truly hope nothing good comes out of this for him and he is left in a heap on the kurb once it’s all done. Nasty little man.
but it’s not his fault

Grant Cooper ran Rylands Associates. When this went bust it caused a lot of financial issues and misery for many local leaseholders and businesses. I understood he fled to Thailand so suspect Regis would distance themselves.
Bought a sofa from Coopers many years ago. It was not cheap and there were some problems with it - I think the dad was Les Cooper who seemed great but he sent his son Grant round to sort the problems - he was totally obnoxious and rude. Not surprised he has fled. Sorry, totally off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back