• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so we may have a statement from Ron at 5 pm .A couple of things you need to look out for 1if his lips are moving he is telling lies If he say he wants to sell the club he is living. In fact you can't believe anything he says .
The good news is on the way back on the train or chauffeur driven Ron has been reading this possibly

1689175083660.png

You know what the saddest part of all this circus is, RM has torn the soul out of this great club ,even with new owners it will take a very very long time to get our once good reputation back with players ,players managers ,backroom staff and othe clubs, but even with new owners and RM still being part of the club we will never get back the trust and our good reputation, we will always be looked upon as a club to ignore by especially young talents etc and players managers , we will be a last resort for them.
I take your point but I think if a new owner came in that was completely disconnected to the Martin family it wouldn't take too long, providing things were being handled in the correct way. So much potential here, especially at this level.

I was at the hearing, no real news to add to what others have already said.

My take on it that Ron was lucky to get a very lenient judge this morning - basically what he said this time is the same as he said last time - i.e. "I'll complete the sale in the adjournment period or I'll pay the debts myself". Clearly this was a lie last time and I think they could have been harder on him about this.

Why should we believe him this time? He didn't even, as far as I could tell, present any evidence about how further advanced the alleged sale is than it was last time.

Interesting that he chose to represent himself this time - whether this indicated confidence/complacency on his part or he just couldn't afford the barrister's fee we just don't know. He nearly came a cropper when he tried to interrupt the judge though, what an arrogant little man he is - even wanting to try to take over proceedings in a court of law!

I think our court troubles are over for now as the next court date is 23rd August - I can't see any way the National League would let it drift that far without resolution - therefore that date is going to be a non-event as we'll either be sold and the debts paid or we'll have been expelled from the National League and, to all intents and purposes, the club will be moribund and the 23/8 will be the day they effectively turn off the life support machine and consign us to history.

All eyes now on the 5.00pm statement which, if it is a one-sided one from Ron, I'm not sure I'll believe it anyway. I assume he'll try to come over all righteous to say he'll sell the club for £1 and write off all debts to him, when we all know the sticking points will be over warranties for any future nasties as yet uncovered and what the deal is for Roots Hall and an as yet unbuilt new stadium

To get any credibility there needs to be a joint press conference, or at least statement, from the prospective new owners and Ron together. Otherwise we're just getting spin from both sides.

I was good to meet a few people this morning - @Medway Blue , @Liam AAS @D1versity and a couple of others who I know the real names of but not who they are on here (James W and Edan), if indeed they're on here at all. Also Paul Fitzgerald and Chris Phillips who I don't think are on here.

From TheRealEFL ;

Purgatory – a place of stagnation and suffering, an intermediate plain that follows death. That’s where Southend United find themselves this morning after HMRC handed them a 42-day extension to pay off their existing debts.

Chairman Ron Martin has until August 23rd to pay off a £275,000 debt or face the club being wound up. Sadly, the crown jewels were sold off long ago – there’s no player waiting in the wings to be sold to plug the gap. It’s 42 days more for long-suffering supporters to sit and wait for news of their club’s seemingly inevitable demise. The only saving grace is a reported sale that has been in the pipeline for a while. It’s not the first time such rumours have circulated, but if it doesn’t happen this time, it is likely to be the last.

It wasn’t so long ago Southend were a staple of the League One scene under Phil Brown and Chris Powell, but time has not been kind. Under the stewardship of Martin, they have tumbled down the divisions, leaving behind a trail of broken hearts and broken promises. The club is dying in front of supporters’ eyes, and the drama unfolding daily is only prolonging their suffering.

Today could have been D-Day for the Shrimpers; supporters might have felt it couldn’t get worse, but this ruling is almost worse. There’s no finality. Right now, their fans know nothing. The club is under a transfer embargo, some staff haven’t been paid for four months, and the new National League season is rapidly approaching. Today’s news could see them expelled from the league in the same manner as Gateshead and Hereford before them. The National League may not be as benevolent as the High Court when it comes to granting Martin more time to drag the club’s rotting carcass around the courts. They’ve already said the winding-up order had to be dismissed in order for them to compete next season, and that is now not going to be the case.

This week, water was cut off at the club’s training ground, and striker Chris Wreh left for Hartlepool. Players trained alone, and they remain without medical cover due to that department not being paid. With a transfer embargo, there’s no guarantee the club will be able to put a team out if the National League do let them compete. If they do, it will almost certainly be uncompetitive; there are just 14 contracted players at Roots Hall, and those who remain have yet to begin their pre-season campaign. Playing youngster got them relegated from League One – it will likely result in the same this season, with the National League South waiting to welcome them.

Today’s decision might be a reprieve, but it is far from satisfactory and leaves more questions than it answers. Is a sale close? Does Martin have the money coming in? Will the National League let them kick-off? Can they stay up if allowed to compete?

Southend fans fear the answer to most of the questions could be no.

If Kimura are the only interested party what did Martin show to the court to satisfy the judge the buyout would be completed within 42 days?

I was at the hearing, no real news to add to what others have already said.

My take on it that Ron was lucky to get a very lenient judge this morning - basically what he said this time is the same as he said last time - i.e. "I'll complete the sale in the adjournment period or I'll pay the debts myself". Clearly this was a lie last time and I think they could have been harder on him about this.

Why should we believe him this time? He didn't even, as far as I could tell, present any evidence about how further advanced the alleged sale is than it was last time.

Interesting that he chose to represent himself this time - whether this indicated confidence/complacency on his part or he just couldn't afford the barrister's fee we just don't know. He nearly came a cropper when he tried to interrupt the judge though, what an arrogant little man he is - even wanting to try to take over proceedings in a court of law!

I think our court troubles are over for now as the next court date is 23rd August - I can't see any way the National League would let it drift that far without resolution - therefore that date is going to be a non-event as we'll either be sold and the debts paid or we'll have been expelled from the National League and, to all intents and purposes, the club will be moribund and the 23/8 will be the day they effectively turn off the life support machine and consign us to history.

All eyes now on the 5.00pm statement which, if it is a one-sided one from Ron, I'm not sure I'll believe it anyway. I assume he'll try to come over all righteous to say he'll sell the club for £1 and write off all debts to him, when we all know the sticking points will be over warranties for any future nasties as yet uncovered and what the deal is for Roots Hall and an as yet unbuilt new stadium

To get any credibility there needs to be a joint press conference, or at least statement, from the prospective new owners and Ron together. Otherwise we're just getting spin from both sides.

I was good to meet a few people this morning - @Medway Blue , @Liam AAS @D1versity and a couple of others who I know the real names of but not who they are on here (James W and Edan), if indeed they're on here at all. Also Paul Fitzgerald and Chris Phillips who I don't think are on here.
Agreed on the judge part who was absolutely brutal to all of the previous claimants/ debtors which gave me a feeling Ron was about to meet his match but no, his lucky charm seemed to cast a spell over the judge who just seemed to go with it.

For me, she should have done her home work and called him out on his exact same words during the previous appearance but they seemed to be in a major rush today which probably saved the little weasel from being pulled over the coals.

As you said there was no actual evidence presented which was baffling but this is why he knows he can bluff his way through these type of courts time and time again.

I felt embarrassed for him the way he stuttered like a naughty school boy who was about to get a rollicking off the head mistress.

Just a **** show for me from top to bottom.

Depending on whether you think it makes it more likely or less likely to be true, 5pm may be worth a bet as that was what Ron supposedly said as he scuttled off down the alleyway like the roach he is.
It'll be pointless though, full of lies and misdirection, he'll be trying to play games with Kimura or whoever is in for the club and it will effectively tell us nothing, sadly the only announcement/statement I think will be of benefit will be one to say he's gone.

@ForeverBlue based on the intel you have and are sharing on here, when does your mystery party think they will buy the club and what active negotiations are they in? Also are you getting this direct from the interested party or down the chain?
Ps I have no reason to doubt what you say but you'll appreciate that if you believed everything we'd heard people had been told on here we would have been sold and then not sold to most people in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back