• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not looked at every post for todays match against HMRC or the majority of this thread but i did see that someone stated that Tom Lawrence said the club was being sold for £1?

If thats the case, what exactly can Ron do to lower the price, reduce it to £0.50?

If the club is being sold for a nominal value (£1) and the new owner takes on all the current debts, I suppose finding additional debts would require them to ask for some of those debts to be cleared. Is this what has happened with PG site services and a couple of other creditors (except HMRC) being paid their monies back, reducing the debt of the club.

just another rumour with no substance mate. been like this for weeks and weeks. Would rather people said nothing than say stuff like this but then say i cant say anymore. Might as well just not bother
The only bidder we know to be real is Kimura. of the other 1 or 2, or whatever number it will be tomorrow, there is no proof other than choosing to believe, or not, a poster outside the usual ITK posters that we have learnt to rely on. Fair play to Kimura, they at least let us know they were in play and real. It would be good if any other bidders (if they do exist) did at least the same but i'm not holding my breath...

Last edited:
arent the trust one of the creditors owed 40000 by that parasite.
If theres no DD why cant the other interested parties ( if there are any ) come forward and explain themselves to the supporters, im pretty sure they will be accepted more for being honest to the people. also relieve a bit of worry and tension from us all .

Last edited:
I feel sorry for Kimura who seem to be getting written out of the story already. I fancy they may look back on this, if they are walking away after a deadline on their offer expiring, and find that they've had a lucky escape. Goodness knows what traps and pitfalls await the next owner and if they're using someone else's money to back their offer their reputation could get shredded.

Common held view and one I also heard a while back , was that Kimura pulled out and left the auditorium well over a week ago, sometime after DD and uncovering too many cockroaches under the floorboards, previously not mentioned by our developer perhaps

They may have offered a cheaper final deal, rejected, and possibly a final date left on the table for today

Our Chairman not noted for accuracy with the truth may have said again today that he wants Kimura to buy the club, but ihat seems very unlikely that will happen and could be yet another smokescreen

I think I would still personal prefer it , although as Yorky has wisely pointed out, in truth we know very little of their proposals or how they would operate

I would be very surprised if they comeback unless the so called small Developer bloke backed down somewhat

Based on some events POST the court hearing today.

PG Site Services will not buy the club, and TL is not leading a consortium to buy the club.

RM is motivated to sell the club, and Jack Martin will never own the club!

WE WILL start the season under a transfer embargo, unless all the debts owed by the football club are cleared, which will only happen if we are bought.

KIMURA are the only buyers on the table, and RM is motivated to sell to KIMURA.

The club is available to be bought for £1, if the buyer takes the debt owed (RM will wipe his own debt) and shows the ability to fund the club. Any fee reported on here about what KIMURA agreed to pay for the club is wrong… however the growth of debt is likely to be true!

We can sign players under embargo, up to a maximum squad size of 16, any players signed must be signed on a NON CONTRACT basis meaning they can give us 7 days notice.

RM will wipe off any debt he is owed by the club, if the club is sold!

I've not looked at every post for todays match against HMRC or the majority of this thread but i did see that someone stated that Tom Lawrence said the club was being sold for £1?

If thats the case, what exactly can Ron do to lower the price, reduce it to £0.50?

If the club is being sold for a nominal value (£1) and the new owner takes on all the current debts, I suppose finding additional debts would require them to ask for some of those debts to be cleared. Is this what has happened with PG site services and a couple of other creditors (except HMRC) being paid their monies back, reducing the debt of the club.
All he can do is say we agreed £1, you have now found a £1.5m hole- i'll pay that for you. Zero chance. He can't afford to pay for the water. He could adjust the FF sale price in some way. For any buyer just buying the club for £1 it just costs them an extra £1.5m- tough....I suppose he could negotiate it away through relief on the FF lease down the line...

BTW way if this alleged very very wealthy additional bidder exists sure he to will want the stadium. Its a complete circus whilst the club falls apart...

I think it would be fair and reasonable at this time for Blues fans to show their support and gratitude to the bidder that has not been identified but wants to save the club .
The sad thing is that I think you mean what you are saying.

Correct, that's what I overheard from TL outside court after the hearing was over.

I think you're right, that the negotiations are not about the amount paid, but about what you get for the £1 (both assets and debts).

I feel sorry for Kimura who seem to be getting written out of the story already. I fancy they may look back on this, if they are walking away after a deadline on their offer expiring, and find that they've had a lucky escape. Goodness knows what traps and pitfalls await the next owner and if they're using someone else's money to back their offer their reputation could get shredded.

Don’t feel sorry for them, they can look after themselves and if they can’t they’ve always got Ray Winstone to turn to.

Based on some events POST the court hearing today.

PG Site Services will not buy the club, and TL is not leading a consortium to buy the club.

RM is motivated to sell the club, and Jack Martin will never own the club!

WE WILL start the season under a transfer embargo, unless all the debts owed by the football club are cleared, which will only happen if we are bought.

KIMURA are the only buyers on the table, and RM is motivated to sell to KIMURA.

The club is available to be bought for £1, if the buyer takes the debt owed (RM will wipe his own debt) and shows the ability to fund the club. Any fee reported on here about what KIMURA agreed to pay for the club is wrong… however the growth of debt is likely to be true!

We can sign players under embargo, up to a maximum squad size of 16, any players signed must be signed on a NON CONTRACT basis meaning they can give us 7 days notice.

RM will wipe off any debt he is owed by the club, if the club is sold!
Thanks for getting this info and sharing it @CRATE.

Can I ask how that info came out? Was it a leading question ("are Kimura the only buyer?" ) or did Ron voluntarily put it out? He's guaranteed to lie to us, but a lie that is put forwards of his own accord, that weakens his public position (only one offer and he's still not gonna take it) would make it more likely to be true.

I thought under NL rules we couldnt start the season under an embargo , i think this was said by someone a little while back, Correct me if im wrong

The £1 isn't really £1 because the new owner will inherit the debt, most of which is to Ron Martin. So the real asking price is £20(?)m+ to Ron plus whatever else is needed to pay off the various bills that he has run up over the last months and years and with no assets to go with that other than a handful of players and a name.

EDIT - since seen CRATE's comment that Martin will write off the debt to him. That changes things massively obviously. You'd want to do so much Those words are banned though to make sure you knew what you were getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back