• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here I am in a local wetherspoons at 15.00 finishing off a large white wine after a very nice pint of something from Dorset. A lot of people look as unhappy as I am, probably for different reasons!
I did have a roasted vegatable pizza to keep my doctor happy 😁 I also promised my wife I'd have a week off the booze after a week in Edinburgh on my own visiting some friends & watching Rod Stewart's last UK concert (so he says), like Ron, I lie! Here I am!
Next December, if we're still all here, it will be 55 years for me, like us all, many great memories, a few drinks had, friendships made.
Having worked in advertising for 30 odd years I've met many Ron's, some as clients, don't be surprised how he's acting, I'm not, it's all about the money stupid.
I'm going to leave now, though another £2.57 pint is very tempting, my last pint of Fullers ESB cost me nearly £7, welcome to London!
My granddaughter is staying tonight & I'm off to see my newlyborn grandson very soon, joy that keeps off the need for another drink, even Ron's antics can't make me get that down.
I hope I can see the Oldham game & a couple of beers in the Cricketers in the August sunshine, who knows, I wish all Shrimpers well whatever they decide & as for Mr. Martin, it's all been said on here! Lets try, & keep the faith. Up the Blues!

So much sadness on here, frustration, heartbreak the list goes on. Its July 12th we should have just played Canvey last night and be looking forward to a trip to Billericay Saturday. New kit should have been launched and a date for meet the blues. Constantly be checking ticket sales ahead of Oldham at home and Daggers away but instead we are being left in limbo again for another potentially 42 days. Its so stressful.

We hear today from Ron that he wants to sell and to Kimura
Kimura say they are ready to go its all on Ron
Now we hear there could be a 2nd or 3rd consortium
We have 13 signed on players
no preseason
no friendlies
no idea who we will have left in a weeks time
waiting on a bull**** lie statement from the club
waiting to hear whether the NL will kick us out

In many ways i wanted closure today one way or the other or even a 7 day adjournment maximum. Now i feel we are no better off than this time yesterday. We still dont have answers to the above points. My mental state is shot now. I love this football club and just want people to be honest and get this **** sorted out.

Mr Ambassador, with these three parties you are really spoiling us...

I don't know whether to cry laugh or what any more. So much information so little of it even vaguely consistent from day to day.

So much sadness on here, frustration, heartbreak the list goes on. Its July 12th we should have just played Canvey last night and be looking forward to a trip to Billericay Saturday. New kit should have been launched and a date for meet the blues. Constantly be checking ticket sales ahead of Oldham at home and Daggers away but instead we are being left in limbo again for another potentially 42 days. Its so stressful.

no preseason
no friendlies

In many ways i wanted closure today one way or the other or even a 7 day adjournment maximum. Now i feel we are no better off than this time yesterday. We still dont have answers to the above points. My mental state is shot now. I love this football club and just want people to be honest and get this **** sorted out.
I'm not sure that's true. Again, I believe it was @CRATE who heard this when he chased after Ron as he left the building, and I don't know what the conversation was. My assumption is that @CRATE raised the Kimura topic, which of course Ron will reply with "I'm ready to sell if they're ready to buy", but sell what at what price?

Unless Ron raised Kimura without it being mentioned then I wouldn't read anything into it.

I realise there's a tonne of posts, but would be great if you could clear this up @CRATE.

One thing which annoys me on here. People still refer to our owner by his first game. For me, this is far top endearing and accords him a kind of respect he certainly doesn't deserve. Call him arsehole, c**t, snake, crook, streak of sh*t, liar.........or, at the very best (if you have to), just Martin
So very true. Well said.

Here’s an interesting idea …….. I‘m starting to believe that this group is likely to be riddled with many individuals who harbour hidden motivations and agendas. Perhaps it would be a good thing if we had to drop all the non-de-plumes and pen names, and use our real “verified” names. At least some of us could maybe understand their motivations, and who is saying what and why ?

Not sure anonymous posts are in the the best interests of the group or the club.

So very true. Well said.

Here’s an interesting idea …….. I‘m starting to believe that this group is likely to be riddled with many individuals who harbour hidden motivations and agendas. Perhaps it would be a good thing if we had to drop all the non-de-plumes and pen names, and use our real “verified” names. At least some of us could maybe understand their motivations, and who is saying what and why ?

Not sure anonymous posts are in the the best interests of the group or the club.
Good call, ok my name is Spartacus.

So very true. Well said.

Lead the way,, change your username. I'm pretty much already there!

no preseason
no friendlies

It's become more clear in the last day or so that Kimura's bid was/is being used by Ron as a vehicle to:

- Buy additional time to negotiate elsewhere and use the interest as leverage.
- Initially show proof of progress towards discharging the cumulative debt at the previous court case.
- Assuage fans concerns and get a few more people to renew season tickets.

A huge red-flag that I cannot believe I missed was the lack of exclusivity granted to Kimura. So obvious with hindsight.

It's all about him, always has been and always will be.

I'm not sure that's true. Again, I believe it was @CRATE who heard this when he chased after Ron as he left the building, and I don't know what the conversation was. My assumption is that @CRATE raised the Kimura topic, which of course Ron will reply with "I'm ready to sell if they're ready to buy", but sell what at what price?

Unless Ron raised Kimura without it being mentioned then I wouldn't read anything into it.

I realise there's a tonne of posts, but would be great if you could clear this up @CRATE.
yes fair enough, im not arguing. its a play on words really, but get your point. Bottom line is we arent any further down the line knowing whats going on

For the avoidance of doubt. When you say "second party" is this the party you know of, or is this the party Chris Phillips mentioned on Twitter this morning?

I'm of the opinion there could be three parties in total?
Could be, though FB hasn't clarified that either way:
I’ve never met TL before and no that isn’t the other bid i’m referring to.

The one I’m referring to has nothing to do with TL or any consortium he is affiliated with.
Yes, you’re correct in respect of another party in the background @Smithy, however, and I have to be careful how i word this, Ron’s intentions with both Kimura and the other party aren’t honourable in the slightest, quite the opposite in fact.
@ForeverBlue you say you think Ron is using both Kimura and the party you're aware of for his own plans and doesn't plan to accept their offers, could you shed any light on what he's looking to achieve if it's not Kimura or your interested party?

You know what the saddest part of all this circus is, RM has torn the soul out of this great club ,even with new owners it will take a very very long time to get our once good reputation back with players ,players managers ,backroom staff and othe clubs, but even with new owners and RM still being part of the club we will never get back the trust and our good reputation, we will always be looked upon as a club to ignore by especially young talents etc and players managers , we will be a last resort for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back