• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is everything, everything is speculation!

Until the deal is signed there is still a chance for someone to pull out, change their demands, change the price.

The supposed discovery of £1million plus of debt should be of no surprise.

The structure of the purchase should be easy. Set up a new co and transfer all the "club assets" for example branding, name etc.

Pay for that and negotiate a lease and the stadium details later.

The only saving grace is that there are many players still free agents so if miraculously this s**t is sorted quickly we have half a chance of signing some players.

Lets see what 5pm brings.

So is this another 42 days for staff not to be paid, another 42 days of pitches to deteriorate? Another 42 days before we can make any permanent signings? Another 42 days in which our players can find new and better places of employment.

How long will this thread be In another 42 days!!!
Just close it, and put it on loop, start reading from post 1, should cover it 😂 🤣😂

The problem is everything, everything is speculation!

Until the deal is signed there is still a chance for someone to pull out, change their demands, change the price.

The supposed discovery of £1million plus of debt should be of no surprise.

The structure of the purchase should be easy. Set up a new co and transfer all the "club assets" for example branding, name etc.

Pay for that and negotiate a lease and the stadium details later.

The only saving grace is that there are many players still free agents so if miraculously this s**t is sorted quickly we have half a chance of signing some players.

Lets see what 5pm brings.
I could be wrong, because the National League works differently to the Football League, but I think our league membership is tied to the Legal Entity.

Wary of starting unsubstantiated rumours, but I did a quick search for the above name and found two seemingly different David Viger profiles that *could* be the name mentioned, both in the house building industry but both in the USA.

1. 2.
Would be good if someone else who was there can confirm hearing this name as it was quite quickly mentioned.
The top link has a profile above it of the name Robert N.Martin, just saying... lol

• Haha
Reactions: JD
Believe me when I say there is very much a second party involved.

Do not believe a word that comes out of Ron Martin’s mouth or any club statements.

All of this would and should have been a distance memory by now, no more court cases, embargo’s, players wanting to leave and unpaid bills.

We should and would have been looking forward to the new season with a huge amount of optimism by now, with plenty of new signings through the door already, but as I said previously, Ron’s put pay to that for his own personal agenda.

Ron says,“I love the ****ing club you idiot”

This truly truly couldn’t be any further from the truth…..believe me!!
This is exactly where I'm at. I have zero clue about the credibility of any second bidder, but with regard to Martin's treatment of Kimura, you're spot on. He's been working in the background for weeks knowing the risk/exposure with absolutely no regard to the players, staff and supporters of this football club. I'm not naïve to business practices and an asset-seller wanting to drive the best deal possible, but there is a way to achieve it and it's certainly not being disingenuous to a counterparty that has acted in good-faith throughout this process.

Do not believe a single word or statement, either on or off the record, that Ron Martin says. He's been feeding us bulls**t for years and it's time to stop swallowing it.

Not at all, quite the opposite. I’m very positive about the second party and the huge difference it would make to our club.
For the avoidance of doubt. When you say "second party" is this the party you know of, or is this the party Chris Phillips mentioned on Twitter this morning?

I'm of the opinion there could be three parties in total?

I could be wrong, because the National League works differently to the Football League, but I think our league membership is tied to the Legal Entity.
Very interesting hadn't realised that. If that is the case then it is an incredibly complex purchase. Having purchased many companies in the past, even the "cleanest" ones have something that gets unearthed during the purchase.

I am sure Ron is giving zero in the way of warranties and indemnities which makes a corporate sale an absolute minefield. You can get this insured in a normal deal but i suspect no insurer will touch SUFC with a bargepole. This could drag on and on if Kimura or any purchaser are not willing to see past it and fight the potential issues in court.

A crazy 42 days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back