• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually can't believe I'm biting, but only this once.

Honestly who are you and what is your interest in all this?

All you do is come out the woodwork whenever new information breaks and start cryptically posting to **** with fans.

Gratitude for what? This so called unidentified party is just that, for all we know they might not even exist. Can't exactly back them if we don't know who they are.

IMO you're just as sad as Ron. That's if you're not actually Ron or one of his pals, which I'm starting to suspect more and more.
How can you support an invisible person??? As deluded as RM.

It could be if it were certain essential bills, but its surely a question of materiality? All the outstanding WUP and football debts will be £1m +. Not quite a bit of "making safe and secure" to continue the property scenario. Now if all the contracts were signed and the sale just subject to the fit and proper persons test? Possibly assuming the individuals are certain they will pass- but thats normally a two week process and they should have done that already.

As reported from court today agreements have been made so £1m not need immediately. But if say £400,000 paid staff and the tax man then kick starting pre-season and friendlies. Keeping the likes of Bridge and signing valuable players who have held on so far, will be the best money spent in the next 12 months.

Repairing front and back doors, boarding over windows and sheeting up the damaged roof saved me a lot of money in the long run....Especially as completion took longer than both myself and the wheeler dealer Ron like seller had agreed.

Certainly not the best option but maybe the best of the only options left.

So club sold at 5pm to this unheard yank?
No. Club statement mentioned by @CRATE that Ron said will appear at 5pm tonight.

The David Viger stuff was mentioned when the creditors bits came up (npower, PG Skips, HMRC etc), and so far no-one else has confirmed they heard that name (so just me).

I think it would be fair and reasonable at this time for Blues fans to show their support and gratitude to the bidder that has not been identified but wants to save the club .
But Ron, why has it taken them so long to get a deal over the line? We're on our deathbed and days away from being kicked out of the league....or has someone not told them that?

I believe Ron misunderstood what was going on. HMRC said that they were concerned that the idea of a sale was speculative and based upon actions of a third party, Ron interjected and stated that the funds would come from his group companies so it wasn’t really a third party, but I believe HMRC were referring to the buyer, whilst Ron was talking about his classic back up plan of promising to pay the debts himself if no sale had concluded.

I didn’t get the impression he was insinuating his group companies were going to buy the club, which makes no sense.
Thanks for clearing that up!

I agree. I suspect, based on nothing other than the info on here that:
- Kimura are the only buyer
- Ron wants to sell SUFC to them for £1 and talk about the stadium later
- Kimura are reluctant to buy an assetless football club with only vague assurances about what will happen at Fossetts and Roots Hall because they don't trust Ron Martin at all and because the Those words are banned found a lot of issues.
- the talk of a second buyer and fit & proper persons tests was to justify the 42 day extension.

Maybe there's another party, maybe he has a plan b involving his Son's mate but if he can get Kimura to buy the football club for a quid and he keeps the rest then that's an incredible deal for him.
You have hit it on the head IMO.

Football related debts would include payments owed to other clubs re loan or transfer dealings, passing on ticket money etc. These debts could be quite historical.

I think it would be fair and reasonable at this time for Blues fans to show their support and gratitude to the bidder that has not been identified but wants to save the club .
Quote, " I am not sure because my crystal ball has misted up a bit this morning and the only thing I can say for sure is the lucky persons surname begins with the letter......... F ".

Can you enlighten us more, if your crystal ball has cleared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back