• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
All true and all possible.

Back to the house buying scenario. Im sure some on here have spent money on property after they have exchanged but before completion. I certainly did with a fire damaged house I bought. To prevent further damage and looting etc.

Could that be the same with a football club?
It could be if it were certain essential bills, but its surely a question of materiality? All the outstanding WUP and football debts will be £1m +. Not quite a bit of "making safe and secure" to continue the property scenario. Now if all the contracts were signed and the sale just subject to the fit and proper persons test? Possibly assuming the individuals are certain they will pass- but thats normally a two week process and they should have done that already.

All true and all possible.

Back to the house buying scenario. Im sure some on here have spent money on property after they have exchanged but before completion. I certainly did with a fire damaged house I bought. To prevent further damage and looting etc.

Could that be the same with a football club?

Yes I believe that is possible.

Just like to put out another analogy as lots of us are wondering why he hasn't accepted a deal, any deal.

Imagine you can't afford your mortgage and suspect that your house will be repossessed. One option is put your house up for sale. But for this to work you need an offer that will pay off your mortgage and that will complete soon, deals where the price is too low or timeframes too long won't help you out of the hole and will be unacceptable.

We don't know what offer any bidder has put on the table or why they haven't been accepted, but Id imagine theres a reason, that may not involve RM being greedy, but that he needs to stay afloat.

Last edited:
I heard something like “David Vijer” but didn’t quite catch it, and no idea how it’s spelt if that’s even close.
Wary of starting unsubstantiated rumours, but I did a quick search for the above name and found two seemingly different David Viger profiles that *could* be the name mentioned, both in the house building industry but both in the USA.

1. 2.
Would be good if someone else who was there can confirm hearing this name as it was quite quickly mentioned.

I think it would be fair and reasonable at this time for Blues fans to show their support and gratitude to the bidder that has not been identified but wants to save the club .

If that particular bidder wants to come on here and inform us of their intentions, I’m sure they’ll receive a warm welcome.

For now though, it’s just a rumour.

Pretty hard to show gratitude towards a rumour.

The judge awarded the adjournment.

Ron then started to get into a speech, which started with 'It is my family companies, that will raise the investment' to discharge debts. At not point was there a mention that he would sell to his family businesses.

I genuinely believe the only buyer is Kimura and we need them quickly.
I agree. I suspect, based on nothing other than the info on here that:
- Kimura are the only buyer
- Ron wants to sell SUFC to them for £1 and talk about the stadium later
- Kimura are reluctant to buy an assetless football club with only vague assurances about what will happen at Fossetts and Roots Hall because they don't trust Ron Martin at all and because the Those words are banned found a lot of issues.
- the talk of a second buyer and fit & proper persons tests was to justify the 42 day extension.

Maybe there's another party, maybe he has a plan b involving his Son's mate but if he can get Kimura to buy the football club for a quid and he keeps the rest then that's an incredible deal for him.

Did a post get edited on here? I read something about the judge interupting Ron saying a 3rd party looking to take over was from within his family?
I believe Ron misunderstood what was going on. HMRC said that they were concerned that the idea of a sale was speculative and based upon actions of a third party, Ron interjected and stated that the funds would come from his group companies so it wasn’t really a third party, but I believe HMRC were referring to the buyer, whilst Ron was talking about his classic back up plan of promising to pay the debts himself if no sale had concluded.

I didn’t get the impression he was insinuating his group companies were going to buy the club, which makes no sense.

I think it would be fair and reasonable at this time for Blues fans to show their support and gratitude to the bidder that has not been identified but wants to save the club .
Actually can't believe I'm biting, but only this once.

Honestly who are you and what is your interest in all this?

All you do is come out the woodwork whenever new information breaks and start cryptically posting to **** with fans.

Gratitude for what? This so called unidentified party is just that, for all we know they might not even exist. Can't exactly back them if we don't know who they are.

IMO you're just as sad as Ron. That's if you're not actually Ron or one of his pals, which I'm starting to suspect more and more.

We would if we knew anything about it whatsoever and had assurance from the club that the money would be paid and everything sorted out so we don't flop out of the league.

How are we supposed to be grateful for something that we know nothing about

It could be if it were certain essential bills, but its surely a question of materiality? All the outstanding WUP and football debts will be £1m +. Not quite a bit of "making safe and secure" to continue the property scenario. Now if all the contracts were signed and the sale just subject to the fit and proper persons test? Possibly assuming the individuals are certain they will pass- but thats normally a two week process and they should have done that already.

£275k to HMRC and 3-4 months pay for (no doubt poorly paid) club staff. Players have been paid, so who would other football debts be?

If they want to the save the club why haven’t they done it before now?
Maybe they have?

Why don't you provide some more meat on the bones then?

Who are they?

What are their intentions?

Where is the funding coming from and to what level?

How soon can they clear all debt and bring wages up to date?

Why not enter the race sooner and save a lot of hurt, anger and stress?

Why are they not ready to go today?

Will they be ready in under 42 days?

Are they aware of a third bidder?

Not sure I can take another 42 days of this bull **** perhaps I need to sleep on it !
Lies, lies and even more lies to come out no doubt as the day and days progress.....
What is happening to the football club that I and so many other Shrimpers have loved for so many years?
Would not be surprised if our football management team now walk, surely they dont need all this crap........
Football is all about the highs and lows and fans pick themselves up for the next game but at the moment I just cannot see a way forward !
We have a clown in charge who is a "chancer" what's next for Christ sake........another dodgy club statement?

How can fans show support and gratitude to a bidder they know nothing about. A bidder that we don't know how deep their pockets are. A bidder that we don't know if they have their number one priority to be SUFC, or just to use saving SUFC to get part of the Fossetts flats development in the deal, to make themselves a few £Million.
Especially as you seem to be involved or connected to this group, and you have been shown to be very sneaky and have ulterior motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back