• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd party on petition we don’t know who they are or what we owe, but this has been adjourned? I think. Someone please correct me
I heard something like “David Vijer” but didn’t quite catch it, and no idea how it’s spelt if that’s even close.
In court it is rumoured that Ron interrupted the judge to argue with the HMRC legal rep that the debt would be discharged as it was a family company that would be looking to inject finance to clear the debt and recapitalise the club.
This is true, the judge wasn’t very impressed.
It is also rumoured that Ron said on the way out of court he was hopeful of selling to Kimura.
That was to @CRATE I believe who was the only one who got to Ron before he scurried away down a side road.

@CRATE some context would be useful, was this a leading question where you mentioned Kimura, or did he bring them up of his own accord?

If you mentioned them then I doubt it means much, he’s just saying what we want to hear.
Then outside it was rumoured that TL said the club was being sold for £1 with debt plan in place.
That’s true, I heard Tom state that (but didn’t hear the part about the debt plan, but I guess it’s implied).
Chris Phillips mentioned on twitter that he was told that RM would be making a statement later today, but it wasn't said directly to him so it's not 100%
Again @CRATE mentioned this from his chat before Ron scurried away, the time of 5pm was mentioned.

Absolutely this... Negotiated in good faith by Kimura from the get-go. Strung along by Martin and merely used as a smokescreen to buy time at the last court case.

Buy time for what though?

So count them out.
2nd consortium is likely to involve Jack and associates then ... if there even is one. We are done for.

Why likely to involve Jack? Everyone seems obsessed with him at the moment.

Your poor players, if you get through this to start the season they will be so short of match practise, it almost guarantees a poor set of results straight away.

Like the Molesley pre-season. Late to start and under an embargo.

3rd party on petition we don’t know who they are or what we owe, but this has been adjourned? I think. Someone please correct me.
There’s HMRC, PG Site Services and NPower. That’s 3. Is there a fourth?

Its called jumping on speculation which is all we're left with ..... maybe there isn't a second consortium. Either way we're done for now IMO.

Was that to a judge or a fan? I don't trust a word he says, I think he's playing for time to sell to his preferred bidders.
The mythical second bidder doesn't make sense to me. It was noticeable that no details about them came up in court today. They can't be interested in the football side of things because that will be in tatters by the time they have concluded their deal. So perhaps they want a chunk of the property deal. But I thought Ron was reluctant to give up any of his property nest egg?. It make sense that Ron might still be using the idea of a second bidder to squeeze Kimura, but if I was Kimura I'd be shaving six figure sums of my offer price as each day goes by. So what is Ron holding out for?. Is he holding out for the outstanding planning approvals?. Perhaps if he gets those he can then get access to more finance and maintain 100% control of his assets. But what do I know.

I heard something like “David Vijer” but didn’t quite catch it, and no idea how it’s spelt if that’s even close.

This is true, the judge wasn’t very impressed.

That was to @CRATE I believe who was the only one who got to Ron before he scurried away down a side road.

@CRATE some context would be useful, was this a leading question where you mentioned Kimura, or did he bring them up of his own accord?

If you mentioned them then I doubt it means much, he’s just saying what we want to hear.

That’s true, I heard Tom state that (but didn’t hear the part about the debt plan, but I guess it’s implied).

Again @CRATE mentioned this from his chat before Ron scurried away, the time of 5pm was mentioned.

Sound familiar?

Ron mentioned he would be releasing a statement today, he did mention 5pm. But unsure if he will stick to that, when I spoke to TL he said he was unaware of any statement.

He clearly said "He hopes to sell to Kimura"

My video editor is just exporting all the bits we got today and clipping it together to get it uploaded straight away.

I'd be surprised if it was ever his intention to sell to Kimura, but he needed "evidence" to show the court last time out and the aforementioned buyer's had moved quickly to get these particular ducks in a row. Ron never granted anyone exclusivity and was courting other counterparties recently in an attempt to sell them a more diluted package. Ron wants it all in hand and will try every dirty trick in the book to achieve this end in my humble opinion...

Did a post get edited on here? I read something about the judge interupting Ron saying a 3rd party looking to take over was from within his family?

Ron mentioned he would be releasing a statement today, he did mention 5pm. But unsure if he will stick to that, when I spoke to TL he said he was unaware of any statement.

My video editor is just exporting all the bits we got today and clipping it together to get it uploaded straight away.
Uploaded on Twitter?

Will it be posted on here or elsewhere?

The judge awarded the adjournment.

Ron then started to get into a speech, which started with 'It is my family companies, that will raise the investment' to discharge debts. At not point was there a mention that he would sell to his family businesses.

I genuinely believe the only buyer is Kimura and we need them quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back