• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 42 day adjournment to allow a takeover. Who's going to buy the club with no assets or players, sitting in the Essex senior league.... which is a reality now.

This feels like it's the end of us but we're just been strangled further by Ron's BS for another month. This is all bo##cks!

A 42 day adjournment to allow a takeover. Who's going to buy the club with no assets or players, sitting in the Essex senior league.... which is a reality now.

This feels like it's the end of us but we're just been strangled further by Ron's BS for another month. This is all bo##cks!
not sure that is even a reality to be honest. if we get kicked out of the National League it will be a full season without football for us before we get put in something like the Eastern Counties league in the 24/25 season

The bit about fit and proper seems to have been shall we say a little "overplayed" by the club. Kimura have already done it but FA says normally 2 weeks but can take 4 weeks. If the new bidder hasn't had the foresight to do it already then surely given the perilous situation they would get that out of the way now? So I wonder what the real reason is they need all this time? Possibly DD?

But I am at a loss why a bidder would pay off all our WUP and football debts (a very considerable sum) without the sale completed? So maybe he thinks that is coming from somewhere else? We have 3 weeks until the season starts so in reality he has maybe a week to get that sorted or we will be in no fit state to compete?

Surely this isn't all one big game to squeeze final concessions out of Kimura? Does he think the 42 days means he's no longer negotiating with his back up against the wall?

All true and all possible.

Back to the house buying scenario. Im sure some on here have spent money on property after they have exchanged but before completion. I certainly did with a fire damaged house I bought. To prevent further damage and looting etc.

Could that be the same with a football club?

not sure that is even a reality to be honest. if we get kicked out of the National League it will be a full season without football for us before we get put in something like the Eastern Counties league in the 24/25 season
Horrendous. No way back from this unless a takeover with a credible owner (that doesn't involve Martin or his buddies), happens before the season starts, AND the NL show some mercy. Lots of Iff's and But's involved. It's a sick merry go round and I think we've all fu##ing had enough of it!

We cannot continue under an Embargo.
We cannot sign or register players, so without sufficient numbers we would not be able to fulfil our fixtures.

Let alone all the other issues. Lack of medical is significant, staff salaries is beyond a joke and not paying bills on time is criminal, so how the he'll does this man get away with it?

As I have mentioned before, please Ron just sell up and FO.

Not sure this is the right tread but is it possible to check who has been issued with a FA fit and proper test other than Kimura?

very true, my point is why should we believe it for this adjournment. Personally do not believe a word he says.

I used to take around 4 boxes a year buy 2 season tickets, book centre circle lounge hospitality, book captains lounge hospitality as well as sponsor 2 (sometimes 3) players a season. I stopped just before the start of last season for 2 reasons one was RM and the way the club was going and the second was how a certain person in the marketing team handled everything (they have since left). I wil not consider re investing until RM has ZERO involvement with the club.

James Ball by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back