• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what if there isn't this "compelling evidence"? What if he turns up today with a sob story about Kimura, some half-baked tales about other parties and a piece of A4 signed by Anna Firth?

Ron categorically stated last time that even if a sale didn't happen he'd raise the funds before today. Again I'd be stunned if the Judge is prepared to tolerate this nonsense any longer.
I hear you mate. I agree. It could all go very Pete Tong. Whatever Ron has up his sleeve, it needs to convince the judge and perhaps even more so, The National League... I am actually more concerned about them and the action they may take, than the Judge.

If there’s an adjournment I’m now in the camp that I hope all players and staff who legally can walk.

You’ve held on long enough. Time to leave Ron to burn this place to the ground. He cannot stay on.
If the players walk the National League will undoubtedly kick us out.

Be careful what your wish for. IMO the only thing that matters right now is that we kick off on 5th August with something approaching a full squad of players.

Anything else is a luxury.

Anyone but Ron.....Except estate agents obviously.......Plus anyone from Colchester..... And while I think of it TL has only acted on behalf of the man who pays him rather than us fans....Wh would have guessed that when he arrived.

While we are at it I dont like gardeners who post a late night drunken tweets, that's my job.... Not fan of Hollywood superstars or anyone making a documentary . Certainly not having West Ham Ray and his cockney mates in my stadium and just to be on the safe side we need to weed out anyone who went to school with a bloke called Jack.

What we really need is someone who manages money for other people in order to make them decent profit....I want my hard earned cash to end up in the pockets of investors who will never set foot in the club and avoid tax (legally) via the Cayman Islands.

Now I may not go much these days, prefer my PL team on the sofa but I'm warning you all I won't set foot in the ground if we don't pick someone I like......Except if we get a big team in the cup, obviously I would nick your seat.....I'll include play-offs or last games of the season if we can win a title......But other than that I'm done.

Or only people that someone on the forum is “best mates” with from secondary school

It’s probably time for the second guessing to end, nothing more we can say or do will make any difference this late in the day. In a few hours, we’ll know how the land lies and what lies ahead… see y’all on the other side and good luck 🤞

I hear you mate. I agree. It could all go very Pete Tong. Whatever Ron has up his sleeve, it needs to convince the judge and perhaps even more so, The National League... I am actually more concerned about them and the action they may take, than the Judge.
Urgh I was looking for some reassurance, Smiffy

Now what I am going to say is to some probably strange but here I go.

Without having to put out a football team, maintain a stadium and have numerous support staff Southend Utd Football Club Ltd is probably able to survive.

What I can hear you all saying but the reality is the state of the ground, the squad etc without having to somehow pay wages then the Ltd company could almost go into hibernation pending redevelopment of the land

“ It’s not me guv it’s those nasty people at the NL that refused to let the club carry on playing . It’s not my fault.
Let me build lots of houses and I promise if you do I will build ( eventually ) a new stadium. “

I'm still not convinced by the argument that Ron needs SUFC in order to proceed with his property developments. What's to stop him allowing SUFC to go bust and then setting up his own pheonix SUFC pub team. He'll enter it into a Sunday pub league. It won't cost him anything to run. He keeps his pub team SUFC going for two years and then it plays at FF when it's built. Doesn't the planning permission only say "a team" is required to play at FF?

All this talk of 40 day or 42 day adjournments doesn't really tally up with what the slimey cretin said in that video message the lads recorded. I'm sure he said he definitely wouldn't be here come August, so surely he's looking shorter term to get this over the line!

Urgh I was looking for some reassurance, Smiffy
Sorry mate, was being balanced!

Gut feel, we will survive, adjournment granted (up to 42 days, probably less), details of new bidding party revealed. As for the National League, can't see them offering any lifeline beyond 31st July.

All this talk of 40 day or 42 day adjournments doesn't really tally up with what the slimey cretin said in that video message the lads recorded. I'm sure he said he definitely wouldn't be here come August, so surely he's looking shorter term to get this over the line!
Probably because he knows the NL are unlikely to let this run to August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back