• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d imagine that if he’s asking for 40 days rather than 7/10/14 then there’s zero chance of him accepting a takeover bid anytime soon. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'd imagine you'd ask for as long as possible to give as much flexibility as possibility, even if you expect to sign a deal that afternoon. Let's say you need a week, you ask for 40 days and get 30 winner, ask for the week and get anything less and you're even further up **** creek than you already were

A second consortium involving Ron's son and his pals isn't offering hope, just an extension to the circus.
If that happens the only way to hurt them, and force the Martins out is a complete BOYCOTT!!? The news flow after today will be very important in regards to players, staff, management, etc.... The bloke seems bullet proof to anything, bullsh*t after bullsh*t!!?

He doesn`t care about SUFC, it`s all about the endgame for them!!?

Ron will pull another David Blaine, smoke n mirrors trick to the judge and carry on as normal
Honestly donot think this is the end of the road by a long way
Too much to lose financially to be wound up, he plays the game to the wire.

If that happens the only way to hurt them, and force the Martins out is a complete BOYCOTT!!? The news flow after today will be very important in regards to players, staff, management, etc.... The bloke seems bullet proof to anything, bullsh*t after bullsh*t!!?

He doesn`t care about SUFC, it`s all about the endgame for them!!?
If there’s an adjournment I’m now in the camp that I hope all players and staff who legally can walk.

You’ve held on long enough. Time to leave Ron to burn this place to the ground. He cannot stay on.

All the judge is interested in is the outstanding money owed to the petitioners and if there is any realistic chance of it being paid he’s bound to accept it , but if he feels like there’s little chance he’ll wind the company up. He’s not gonna be bothered about anything else in the background

Really? Asides from an employee on the social media account who isn’t the smartest tool in the box. How have you come to this conclusion?
You seem to be awfully positive about this whole thing, do you generally enjoy watching others suffer or are you somehow connected to those who will gain from this sorry ****show?

Exactly. If you add everything up, then there must be compelling evidence that a new party is ready to step in. The judge will need to see this this morning of course. Which should mean this new party is named in court. If so, then the judge is likely to give some time (not sure he will agree to 40 odd days to be honest) for another party to get ducks in a row or for Kimura to adjust offer (v.unlikely). Thus an adjournment should follow.

Now, whether this alternate party is going to fill us with confidence will be up for debate if/when named. Let's see what occurs in the next few hours...
And what if there isn't this "compelling evidence"? What if he turns up today with a sob story about Kimura, some half-baked tales about other parties and a piece of A4 signed by Anna Firth?

Ron categorically stated last time that even if a sale didn't happen he'd raise the funds before today. Again I'd be stunned if the Judge is prepared to tolerate this nonsense any longer.

Sue him for what lol?

It’s pretty common in business deals to use one bid to track what could be possible while still talking and considering others.

Anyone but Ron was what 99% of this forum said originally

Anyone but Ron.....Except estate agents obviously.......Plus anyone from Colchester..... And while I think of it TL has only acted on behalf of the man who pays him rather than us fans....Wh would have guessed that when he arrived.

While we are at it I dont like gardeners who post a late night drunken tweets, that's my job.... Not fan of Hollywood superstars or anyone making a documentary . Certainly not having West Ham Ray and his cockney mates in my stadium and just to be on the safe side we need to weed out anyone who went to school with a bloke called Jack.

What we really need is someone who manages money for other people in order to make them decent profit....I want my hard earned cash to end up in the pockets of investors who will never set foot in the club and avoid tax (legally) via the Cayman Islands.

Now I may not go much these days, prefer my PL team on the sofa but I'm warning you all I won't set foot in the ground if we don't pick someone I like......Except if we get a big team in the cup, obviously I would nick your seat.....I'll include play-offs or last games of the season if we can win a title......But other than that I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back