• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know 2 players (well my son does) one in League 2 nd another at Boreham Wood and was out with them 2 weeks ago, they said they wouldn't sign for us even on loan. They added that most agents avoid clubs in these situations unless there was no other options or unless it was well known that the team was getting investment / taken over.

Doesn't the last sentence apply, or will apply?

Reactions: fbm
So, the day has cometh, again…

Surely, if Ron has any brain cells left he will pay the £250k (or whatever the current bill is). This would enable him to sell the club as a sustainable asset. Anything else would cause considerable harm to the club, ie: players and staff walk, embargo continues, points deduction or even relegation to tier 7 or lower. Any of the latter would either kill the club or make it effectively worthless.

Sadly pragmatism doesn’t count when dealing with RM.

46 years a supporter, please let today not be the last.

I think you're probably closer with your number 1.

I think he'll seek a 40-day adjournment.

It will be interesting to see whether the judge agrees to 40 days or instead stipulate something like 28 days. If they agree at all.

If it's to be 40 days, I can't see the National League mirroring it in full. They're main aim is for this to be sorted either way before the first round of fixtures kicks off, as they don't want to be pulling any club's licence once games have started. They'll give us every chance up until shortly before the first match of the season to sort this out. If it looks at that point like there are still serious concerns over whether the club will complete all of its fixtures then I think they'll pull the plug.

I think the adjournment will be sought today with evidence of a 2nd consortium.
Medway is spot on. This is likely how it will pan out this morning.

so long as we survive as a club and there is significant improvement and investment going forward I doubt any fans will care where the money comes from. Man City and Chelsea fans don’t give a toss , and if RM suddenly came up with untold billions neither would we I suspect
Chelsea fans prevented the club accepting a gambling firm as kit sponsor so maybe they do care

This feels like when we’re playing football as kids in the playground, it’s 11-0 but it’s 2 mins until the bell goes so it becomes next goal wins.

Can Southend score yet another goal against HMRC and put the game to bed or will HMRC deal a killer blow against the run of play?

2 hours or so to go :(

I for one hope Ron has royally ****ed up somehow and they can sue him for every penny he’s worth.

Sue him for what lol?

It’s pretty common in business deals to use one bid to track what could be possible while still talking and considering others.

Anyone but Ron was what 99% of this forum said originally

If he gets away with an adjournment how can we as Southend fans make it utterly clear that vast numbers will be boycotting SUFC whilst Ron has anything to do with it? Could the Trust help organise a quick poll of its members and then us somehow look to get as much media attention on it as possible? Force his investment partners to realise what they’re investing in (SUFC with a couple thousand through the gate) and hopefully cause them to pull out?

Sue him for what lol?

It’s pretty common in business deals to use one bid to track what could be possible while still talking and considering others.

Anyone but Ron was what 99% of this forum said originally
I don’t know, hence the “I hope Ron has royally ****ed up somehow

It only helps if Ron doesn't take the full 40 days to sort his **** out. It's possible that he gets his 40 days, club is sold this week, embargo lifted and we can go full steam ahead next week. No idea if it will happen, I don't understand if there is a bidder B why they're taking so long to get their bid together.

I’d imagine that if he’s asking for 40 days rather than 7/10/14 then there’s zero chance of him accepting a takeover bid anytime soon. 🤦🏻‍♂️

If he gets away with an adjournment how can we as Southend fans make it utterly clear that vast numbers will be boycotting SUFC whilst Ron has anything to do with it? Could the Trust help organise a quick poll of its members and then us somehow look to get as much media attention on it as possible? Force his investment partners to realise what they’re investing in (SUFC with a couple thousand through the gate) and hopefully cause them to pull out?
Sadly, as long as we exist, they'll be people that will continue to follow the circus with Ron involved. Even if it means being relegated again and starting in the Essex senior league with no players or manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back