• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole sorry saga will rumble on. Ron will do enough to get away with a stern lecture from the judge, a long adjournment, and the National League will have a big decision to make.

What that will mean for the staff and players, well, it's just going to be another few weeks of depressing news and purgatory.

Ron and the club better have a very good explanation for all this.
3 weeks till the season starts with 13 players remaining, and at least 2 wanting to move on. There is no way the NL will accommodate us and that's Kev and then gone. This isn't going to end well.

Received an email. "You've won a prize on The National Lottery"
If I've won it all I'm buying the club. First thing will be fitting pictures of Ron's face to all the urinals. Then I will actually go about getting some players etc.
Fingers crossed 🤞,😅
Love those emails.
Enables you to really dream for just a few seconds before reality kicks in.
Pretty much like this whole saga over the last 4 months..dreaming about new owners, only for that c**t to blow it all apart (reality) 😔

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend
The end of our elaborate plans
The end of everything that stands…

I see no way out of this that ends well for us. I hope I am wrong but Ron has this club on lockdown and is playing games with as all. Hopefully will see you all on the other side.

Yep I agree for me there really are only two options today for survival:

1: Sale agreed and small adjournment agreed to conclude legalities and league allow us to retain membership on the proviso this concluded before 5th August.

2: all the petition debt is settled and staff salaries paid. Embargo lifted and Ron continues discussion with another party to conclude sale at a later date.

However I can only see the demise of our great club today. I suspect he will somehow secure an adjournment stating there is another party interested after first one failed to be agreed. Asks for 40/50 day adjournment. Court grants this extension. League see duration of adjournment, football debts still unpaid/staff wages outstanding and says sorry but no more membership is revoked. Second group says no thank you there is now no club to buy as it has no league membership.
I think you're probably closer with your number 1.

I think he'll seek a 40-day adjournment.

It will be interesting to see whether the judge agrees to 40 days or instead stipulate something like 28 days. If they agree at all.

If it's to be 40 days, I can't see the National League mirroring it in full. They're main aim is for this to be sorted either way before the first round of fixtures kicks off, as they don't want to be pulling any club's licence once games have started. They'll give us every chance up until shortly before the first match of the season to sort this out. If it looks at that point like there are still serious concerns over whether the club will complete all of its fixtures then I think they'll pull the plug.

I think the adjournment will be sought today with evidence of a 2nd consortium.

Love those emails.
Enables you to really dream for just a few seconds before reality kicks in.
Pretty much like this whole saga over the last 4 months..dreaming about new owners, only for that c**t to blow it all apart (reality)
It's not going well. I opened the National Rail Enquiries app not the National Lottery. Not sure I could be trusted with a fortune!

It will be interesting to see whether the judge agrees to 40 days or instead stipulate something like 28 days. If they agree at all.

If it's to be 40 days, I can't see the National League mirroring it in full. They're main aim is for this to be sorted either way before the first round of fixtures kicks off, as they don't want to be pulling any club's licence once games have started. They'll give us every chance up until shortly before the first match of the season to sort this out. If it looks at that point like there are still serious concerns over whether the club will complete all of its fixtures then I think they'll pull the plug.

Sadly I cannot see the NL letting us start the season without a penalty if it is adjourned beyond the league start date of the 5th if August

Sadly I cannot see the NL letting us start the season without a penalty if it is adjourned beyond the league start date of the 5th if August
The National League said on Monday that they are not looking at points deductions and that although the use of one is open to them, they only tend to apply them in the case of insolvency events, serious financial irregularities or unfulfilled fixtures. But, you never know.

They are protecting the integrity of their competition, which is affected if we play a fixture or two and then disappear. If we're not ready to start and finish the season on the eve of the first fixture then I think they'll revoke membership. It won't matter if the court adjourns beyond 5th August in the sense that the NL don't have to mirror the deadline if they choose not to.

So, I'm gonna call it. No inside info - just a hunch.

I think we'll get out of trouble today but following the whole Kimura story, the Rock, Ray Winstone and rumours of documentaries we will be left with the biggest anti-climax regarding a take over and survival of a club ever.

It will be akin to watching a loved one come out of a coma and going, "Oh, ****."

But it does seem Ron at least will be on his way and I guess as long as the club is run properly and we don't have any of the shenanigans that we have had this last few seasons, that's what we want, right? On the plus side, the expectations will be so low that it won't have to do much to beat them, meaning a few wins early on could see a surge in enthusiasm again.

Or Kimura could pull an 11th hour deal out of the bag.

<sigh>

It's not been an easy night.
This … we will survive but be brought out by a property development company who don’t have much money or credibility the only benefit for Ron will be they are to skint to want a 21000 stadium built .. it will be a sell to ‘another ‘ bunch of **** houses who will forever be Ron’s puppets

I hope not 🤞🏻 don’t want to wait too long, LOOK at the mess, National League not going to allow a 30/40 days adjournment. I want it to be done this week and that ******* can fcuk off.

No more chance, as an offer from Kimura still on the table and Ron not picking it up

If a second consortium has any trace of Ron hiding behind it, agree or not,then that's at least half the fan base gone. Where does that leave us? Still dead .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back