• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of players out there who’d jump at the chance to play for SUFC , whether they’re any good ? Only time will tell
Well with player mates inside the game, I wouldn't be too confident on that anymore. Not being paid month after month isn't an attraction and months of embargoes means no chance of competing for promotion.. what kind of players do you think we can attract right now? Dead end players near their career end.

The National League said on Monday that they are not looking at points deductions and that although the use of one is open to them, they only tend to apply them in the case of insolvency events, serious financial irregularities or unfulfilled fixtures. But, you never know.

They are protecting the integrity of their competition, which is affected if we play a fixture or two and then disappear. If we're not ready to start and finish the season on the eve of the first fixture then I think they'll revoke membership. It won't matter if the court adjourns beyond 5th August in the sense that the NL don't have to mirror the deadline if they choose not to.
Are we not close to 2 of those ?

I think the NL could come under pressure from its members as some clubs seem to think the T&C's mean we should be punished. I would think the NL would want one of its biggest clubs in the league for sure so may try to offer some leniency but at the end of the day their competition cannot have its integrity compromised. Not saying we have compromised it but if there is a chance we have or will do they may need to interject in some way

I just hope what ever happens to day allows for a final resolution and that resolution doesn't include RM in any way. So if the mystery second or third bidder has RM involvement i do not see how that will be better than what we have now

Simon Jackson has responded to someone this morning saying the offer is still there but he hasn’t even responded in recent days. Confirms to me that he’s been using them all along whilst this mystery consortium wait in the wings.
Yep. We wait for the news on the mystery alternate bidder in court this morning...

Who could it be I wonder?...

How on earth will a 40 day adjournment allow us to carry on? We won’t have a squad, the players and staff won’t be paid at the end of the month and the place will still be on fire for another month. 🤷🏻

It only helps if Ron doesn't take the full 40 days to sort his **** out. It's possible that he gets his 40 days, club is sold this week, embargo lifted and we can go full steam ahead next week. No idea if it will happen, I don't understand if there is a bidder B why they're taking so long to get their bid together.

Well with player mates inside the game, I wouldn't be too confident on that anymore. Not being paid month after month isn't an attraction and months of embargoes means no chance of competing for promotion.. what kind of players do you think we can attract right now? Dead end players near their career end.
I know 2 players (well my son does) one in League 2 nd another at Boreham Wood and was out with them 2 weeks ago, they said they wouldn't sign for us even on loan. They added that most agents avoid clubs in these situations unless there was no other options or unless it was well known that the team was getting investment / taken over.

I just hope whatever crap he has told this supposed, mystery bidder, that they have it in writing, legally witnessed?

I don`t think the judge will be very lenient this time. His last appearance was purely based on the potential buyers, i.e Kimura. He now has to say that this is not an option anymore, and the judge will ask if all outstanding parties in the WUP have been PAID?

I would love to be a fly on the wall and witness what he comes out with?

The other question I have is, he couldn`t get a bridging loan or get the funds before? Why didn`t he approach this mystery bidder then?

I`m between a rock and a hard place at the moment, on the one hand I want to see Ron Martin lose, but, for the sake of the Football Club want a decent outcome that Martin or any other member of his family have nothing to do with SUFC.

I hope he sees sense, and accepts what was on the table, it`s a win/win for all parties concerned 🤞 🤞🤞:LoyalSupporter::Happy::LoyalSupporter:👍

I think you're probably closer with your number 1.

I think he'll seek a 40-day adjournment.

It will be interesting to see whether the judge agrees to 40 days or instead stipulate something like 28 days. If they agree at all.

If it's to be 40 days, I can't see the National League mirroring it in full. They're main aim is for this to be sorted either way before the first round of fixtures kicks off, as they don't want to be pulling any club's licence once games have started. They'll give us every chance up until shortly before the first match of the season to sort this out. If it looks at that point like there are still serious concerns over whether the club will complete all of its fixtures then I think they'll pull the plug.

I think the adjournment will be sought today with evidence of a 2nd consortium.
Unfortunately that will be a disaster for the club in terms of paying people and the new season will be ****ed,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back