• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm gonna call it. No inside info - just a hunch.

I think we'll get out of trouble today but following the whole Kimura story, the Rock, Ray Winstone and rumours of documentaries we will be left with the biggest anti-climax regarding a take over and survival of a club ever.

It will be akin to watching a loved one come out of a coma and going, "Oh, ****."

But it does seem Ron at least will be on his way and I guess as long as the club is run properly and we don't have any of the shenanigans that we have had this last few seasons, that's what we want, right? On the plus side, the expectations will be so low that it won't have to do much to beat them, meaning a few wins early on could see a surge in enthusiasm again.

Or Kimura could pull an 11th hour deal out of the bag.

<sigh>

It's not been an easy night.
I agree with most of this, save for the Ron being on his way bit. If, as has been hinted, the club is sold to/investment is sought from "Ron's mates", he and his son will still be lingering around like a bad smell. I suspect they will be our landlords at their new housing development with a stadium attached, and wouldn't be surprised if we find ourselves in a similar situation or worse in a few months/years from now.

I'm fuming.

I agree with most of this, save for the Ron being on his way bit. If, as has been hinted, the club is sold to/investment is sought from "Ron's mates", he and his son will still be lingering around like a bad smell. I suspect they will be our landlords at their new housing development with a stadium attached, and wouldn't be surprised if we find ourselves in a similar situation or worse in a few months/years from now.

I'm fuming.
Yeah this basically. Fear it could be a sale in name only with the Martins continuing to pull the strings. Once that becomes clear across football we'll once again be toxic to players and agents and will struggle to make much progress on the pitch.

I think the whole sorry saga will rumble on. Ron will do enough to get away with a stern lecture from the judge, a long adjournment, and the National League will have a big decision to make.

What that will mean for the staff and players, well, it's just going to be another few weeks of depressing news and purgatory.

Ron and the club better have a very good explanation for all this.

Just a thought - anyone know if security are still outside Ron’s gaff this morning?
If not then I suggest we’ll be ok today, because if we’re not ok today then 100% he would still have them there to guard his house…

I’m not sure I can bring myself to post it as it’s too triggering, but just stumbled upon Ryan and Rob announcing HP’s new sponsorship of Wrexham and is such a case of “here’s what you could of had”, a genuinely sad and depressing moment.
I have little doubt the celebrity owners and fair weather fans will get bored when Wrexham aren't walking the league every season.

I think the whole sorry saga will rumble on. Ron will do enough to get away with a stern lecture from the judge, a long adjournment, and the National League will have a big decision to make.

What that will mean for the staff and players, well, it's just going to be another few weeks of depressing news and purgatory.

Ron and the club better have a very good explanation for all this.
He probably will but that still leaves us with no money, unpaid staff and the equilibrium remains the same. How on earth can we carry on like that.

Hardly any sleep and totally depressed this morning.

Last edited:
Question - if club sold and RM remains the landlord at RH, could the newly freed club look to buy land and develop its own ground, and not move to FF if it ever gets built?

He probabaly will but that still leaves us with no money, unpaid staff and the equilibrium remains the same. How on earth can we carry on like that.

Hardly any sleep and totally depressed this morning.
Yep I agree for me there really are only two options today for survival:

1: Sale agreed and small adjournment agreed to conclude legalities and league allow us to retain membership on the proviso this concluded before 5th August.

2: all the petition debt is settled and staff salaries paid. Embargo lifted and Ron continues discussion with another party to conclude sale at a later date.

However I can only see the demise of our great club today. I suspect he will somehow secure an adjournment stating there is another party interested after first one failed to be agreed. Asks for 40/50 day adjournment. Court grants this extension. League see duration of adjournment, football debts still unpaid/staff wages outstanding and says sorry but no more membership is revoked. Second group says no thank you there is now no club to buy as it has no league membership.

Question - if club sold and RM remains the landlord at RH, could the newly freed club look to buy land and develop its own ground, and not move to FF if it ever gets built?
Would assume any sale would include taking on the existing lease of RH(not sure how long is left on that), and would also include a condition that the club would be tied to using FF when built.

Received an email. "You've won a prize on The National Lottery"
If I've won it all I'm buying the club. First thing will be fitting pictures of Ron's face to all the urinals. Then I will actually go about getting some players etc.
Fingers crossed 🤞,😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back