• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm sitting in here at work today, shed loads to do. Got to wait until 5:30 - 6:00 pm our time to find out anything. šŸ˜©

I'll have to either go and have either a celebratory or a commiseration drink after work.

Iā€™m not sure I can bring myself to post it as itā€™s too triggering, but just stumbled upon Ryan and Rob announcing HPā€™s new sponsorship of Wrexham and is such a case of ā€œhereā€™s what you could of hadā€, a genuinely sad and depressing moment.
The big difference is that Wrexham were debt free when they were bought, which meant they could buy the club for a peppercorn fee (the much misquoted Ā£2m "purchase" price was actually a commitment to invest Ā£2m immediately into the club). If they'd been in for us instead they'd probably have had second thoughts once they saw what Ron was like.

The only time I should be getting by on this little sleep is because its Christmas Eve, and there's an epic Scalextric set waiting for me under the tree in the morning.

(Already at work, nearly 8am here. šŸ¤¬ )

No matter what we think of Ron Martin, I genuinely cannot understand why some people would favour either liquidation or expulsion from the NL simply to effectively teach Ron a lesson...

If the Judge winds us up tomorrow, it will be timed and that will be that. Done. We are no more.

Ron needs to have something concrete to be laid to rest in.
just thought i would correct that for you.

Well i have followed this club since the 1950s , even after i emigrated to Australia ,my mother used to send the Southend Standard and the Echo out to Australia each week ,so i could keep up wit all the goings on. I know what im about to say wont bother people like RM because im not a paying supporter attending matches, but as long as that piece of s**t and his son or cronies have anything to do with SUFC ,im gone , i would rather a Phoenix club than have that man etc having anything to do with SUFC. I will from that day onwards just follow my fathers team and also Ange at Tottenham, my fathers team was Arsenal. I wonder though how much effect it will have on Attendances if RM still is involved in SUFC in some way, and what effect it will have on people like SVC, JS, Benno, Maher, Currie,and TL as well as the backroom staff and players.

Well i have followed this club since the 1950s , even after i emigrated to Australia ,my mother used to send the Southend Standard and the Echo out to Australia each week ,so i could keep up wit all the goings on. I know what im about to say wont bother people like RM because im not a paying supporter attending matches, but as long as that piece of s**t and his son or cronies have anything to do with SUFC ,im gone , i would rather a Phoenix club than have that man etc having anything to do with SUFC. I will from that day onwards just follow my fathers team and also Ange at Tottenham, my fathers team was Arsenal. I wonder though how much effect it will have on Attendances if RM still is involved in SUFC in some way, and what effect it will have on people like SVC, JS, Benno, Maher, Currie,and TL as well as the backroom staff and players.
Hi yes a terrible day today for shrimperā€™s around the world letā€™s hope we survive the next few hours and this man is soon gone from our club have a good day out there

Re voldomort (actually "Voldormort_", sorry) - It was an account that posted a few tweets on 10 Jun saying that RM would not end up selling to Kimura and was just using them to try and screw more out of an unnamed third party who would be the eventual owner, who had already put money into the club this season and who was not PG site services interestingly. Had a brief battle of words with one Wolfy before quickly deleting the account. I have some suspicions as to who ran the account but it would not be fair to say what those are as there is no concrete evidence.
Obviously, the money the unnamed third party put in was not enough to lift what has turned out to be a long-term transfer embargo.

After a rollercoaster week and being certain we are dead, I'm leaning towards he pays up - somehow.

Will come out later how, either taken in a partner/investor which just enough to keep us limping along.

Might be enough to lift the embargo for a small window to sort the squad out and pay the staff, but can see us being back in the doo-doo within 3 months.
Expected to request another adjournment according to Chris Phillips. Unless he has the mother of all reasons I just don't see why the Judge would grant one.

The money in this deal is with the development, if Ron sells to Kimura and FF is included then he gets his cash I see that, what Iā€™m struggling with is this second bidder/consortium, if they buy just the club and not the development how does that benefit Ron? Yes he doesnā€™t have the liability but no one would stump up a load of cash for a club thatā€™s millions in debt and making a loss year on year. He wouldnā€™t be getting any cash up front as far as I can see so he wouldnā€™t be able to progress with the development so whatā€™s the benefit for Ron with this second bidder. He keeps an element of control but it doesnā€™t make sense to me, can someone clarify?

To me, if Ron wants his money then Kimura are still 100% the best option so letā€™s hope he sees sense and agrees to the deal.
He'll still believe he can eventually finance the two developments. I don't think selling the lot at a reduced amount now is his ideal scenario at all because the real money for him is getting those developments through.

I do fear that it is all over. If this is it, it has been great fun. Ron you are a complete and utter knob jockey who doesnā€™t deserve to have ever owned a football club.

The money in this deal is with the development, if Ron sells to Kimura and FF is included then he gets his cash I see that, what Iā€™m struggling with is this second bidder/consortium, if they buy just the club and not the development how does that benefit Ron? Yes he doesnā€™t have the liability but no one would stump up a load of cash for a club thatā€™s millions in debt and making a loss year on year. He wouldnā€™t be getting any cash up front as far as I can see so he wouldnā€™t be able to progress with the development so whatā€™s the benefit for Ron with this second bidder. He keeps an element of control but it doesnā€™t make sense to me, can someone clarify?

To me, if Ron wants his money then Kimura are still 100% the best option so letā€™s hope he sees sense and agrees to the deal.
Not 100% sure but I think he also owns the land where the houses are going it has his grubby little fingers in the housing development somehow, so he makes from both sides of it

I think the only thing he loses is some immediate cash

Probably wrong but think this was what was said many pages back in this thread

So, I'm gonna call it. No inside info - just a hunch.

I think we'll get out of trouble today but following the whole Kimura story, the Rock, Ray Winstone and rumours of documentaries we will be left with the biggest anti-climax regarding a take over and survival of a club ever.

It will be akin to watching a loved one come out of a coma and going, "Oh, ****."

But it does seem Ron at least will be on his way and I guess as long as the club is run properly and we don't have any of the shenanigans that we have had this last few seasons, that's what we want, right? On the plus side, the expectations will be so low that it won't have to do much to beat them, meaning a few wins early on could see a surge in enthusiasm again.

Or Kimura could pull an 11th hour deal out of the bag.

<sigh>

It's not been an easy night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back