• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the only time i have been seriously worried about our future under the demise RM has led us to....I will not sleep well tonight knowing he had led us down this road all in the purpose of getting his windfall at the same time as ****ing us all over.
Agree, all the previous times I felt like there was a chance we could go under but the odds were in our favour, this time I'm really not so sure, especially if Kimura do/have pulled out.

I assume your pals with Tom Lawrence and I assume the other bid is around the club being made insolvent and then being purchased by Lawrence and some others including PG site services for a small amount am I close ??
I’ve never met TL before and no that isn’t the other bid i’m referring to.

The one I’m referring to has nothing to do with TL or any consortium he is affiliated with.

If the Club is wound up then no one can buy it.

If it were to be put into Administration (which I don't think is an option) then Ron Martin is by far the biggest creditor and would have to approve any sale.
If we are Wound Up tomorrow then as far as I can make out an Administrator would be appointed. We would at least for a while be in Administration and would immediately mean a points deduction. Would imagine this is the last thing Ron would want which is why I believe somehow we will at least get another adjournment or everything relating to the case will be paid. Mind I am not that confident.

If we are Wound Up tomorrow then as far as I can make out an Administrator would be appointed. We would at least for a while be in Administration and would immediately mean a points deduction. Would imagine this is the last thing Ron would want which is why I believe somehow we will at least get another adjournment or everything relating to the case will be paid. Mind I am not that confident.
If we're wound up we're wound up. It's game over.

I don't think the judge will take into account what Ron wants, but yeah, I suspect administration doesn't suit Ron one bit.

Stop the my friend nonsense, I do not know you and most certainly would not like you. Doing nothing is not gutless it is what we do when we know we have no control. It does not mean we care less than you. As a fan for well over 35 years I can honestly say I will be gutted if it goes tomorrow but I will not be made to feel less of a man by a gobby, antagonistic poster on Shrimperzone!
Only 35 years you are a newbee and obviously do not have any comprehension of what results can be achieved by direct action

Somewhat inappropriate I think. You may want to think again about how you talk to people.
I will say it politely...now is not the time to question if Stan was paid for the great work he has done to restore the quality of football we have had the pleasure of watching last season after several seasons of dros football.

We should only be concerned on the transition of our beloved football club to owners that can keep us financially stable.

You love an assumption.

Not for all people on this site, obviously not.

I'd like to ask you to apply a little bit of common sense - if at all possible - as you are taking things quite literally here.

Your second argument is your perception, whether you agree or not some users of this site are actually in the know as to what is going on behind the scenes. Their comments and insight that they choose to share are valued, especially at a time where little to no information is coming out of the club.

Therefore I do take their posts with a little more seriousness, than someone (not you)those who spout rumours regarding the club. As that is false and to be ignored. This is why I'm on this site, wading through the nonsense in the hope of being comforted by news of something positive actually happening. Although that is few and far between at this time.
You said the majority of people on here were anti TL. I'm making the point that this is a bit of a stretch bearing in mind only a few people had called him out (for no reason that makes sense to me).

I think we're both on the same side here. It seems to me that you don't understand why people would be getting on TL's back, and I don't either. My point was that I think you're misinterpreting a few comments as the majority, and you're probably upset over something that simply isn't worth it.

Unless the club has been charged with a minor crime I can't see why we'd be at Chelmsford court magistrates. Mainly deal with divorce and family matters.

Perhaps someone accused Ron of being a b’tard and he’s trying to get it overturned.

I hate to be simplistic about a very complex situation but do any ITK’s know if anyone behind the scenes has questioned Ron? I mean asking him face to face what is happening so that they can start planning for next season. I mean TL or King Kev etc. I know it’s common knowledge not to question Ron but it’s getting a bit late in the day to keep ‘towing the line’. I’m not blaming or criticising TL or Kev as it’s not their fault of course but surely they recently have asked him what’s going on? I suppose he just gives them an answer full of lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back