• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know the legalities behind it all, I don’t know the laws into it, but the players were paid late once again.

As I understand it, we’ve ****ed up once again, like we did with Lopata.
I thought you had to be a month late with the salaries, and in Lopatas case he was getting Decembers in February or something but again it is all so confusing with all the information here there and everywhere

Stop the my friend nonsense, I do not know you and most certainly would not like you. Doing nothing is not gutless it is what we do when we know we have no control. It does not mean we care less than you. As a fan for well over 35 years I can honestly say I will be gutted if it goes tomorrow but I will not be made to feel less of a man by a gobby, antagonistic poster on Shrimperzone!
Calm down my friend

is that a hint or are you just being hopeful?
I’m afraid I’ve heard nothing concrete…there again there are ITK posters who would know before me…but if it’s not done, and he’s not locked in a room with Kimura to get it done, I can’t believe Kimura won’t say enough and good bye. So I hope he’s locked in a London conference room

So what is Ron’s end game with a short extension?

Does he think the deal with Kimura can be finalised?
Has he another buyer lined up?
Is there an investor bailing us out?
He will believe that he can squeeze more out of Kimura if he has more time. With no regard to literally anything else he believes that he can improve the deal for himself and his family.

If they withdraw their alleged offer tomorrow morning then the whole thing will be over and we are truly, truly ****ed.

If Kimura are pulling their offer tomorrow as said in the Echo, then I can't see how that can be used in court to prove a sale is progressing?

Discussions continue but it is understood the deal is being held up by the stadium side of the transaction.

However, Kimura’s deal is believed to only be on the table until Wednesday when the Shrimpers are back in court following a winding up petition from HMRC.

Good point. Within 14 day notice period?
That's what I thought... pay within 14 days... it's a 14 day notice.

The players were paid.

I therefore can't see how the players can still give their notice. I think the issue with Lopata was either something in his contract or linked to the payment of his agent.

If Kimura are pulling their offer tomorrow as said in the Echo, then I can't see how that can be used in court?

Discussions continue but it is understood the deal is being held up by the stadium side of the transaction.

However, Kimura’s deal is believed to only be on the table until Wednesday when the Shrimpers are back in court following a winding up petition from HMRC.

Cant see how it can either, form the side it makes sense as if expulsion or points deduction imposed by the league will lower the value of the club surely

I don’t know the legalities behind it all, I don’t know the laws into it, but the players were paid late once again.

As I understand it, we’ve ****ed up once again, like we did with Lopata.
Lopata gave a 14 day notice and we didn’t pay him within that period so he could go..
Anyway we will find out if someone actually under contract leaves. Is Lomas under contract or did we have an option (which currently would be useless)

If Kimura are pulling their offer tomorrow as said in the Echo, then I can't see how that can be used in court to prove a sale is progressing?

It shows there is interest, he has progressed this buyer but sadly could not agree terms, so he needs more time to progress talks with bidder no2. I'd imagine that's how it will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back