• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not read his responses to Shrimpers Trust questions - he is basically saying without the funds he can not pay staff, that is the blackmail.
Hmmm... is blackmail not more something like "If you don't give me the funds, I won't pay the staff" as opposed to "If you won't pay the funds, I can't pay the staff"?

There's a big difference. The first one is blackmail, the second is a simple statement of fact.

Hmmm... is blackmail not more something like "If you don't give me the funds, I won't pay the staff" as opposed to "If you won't pay the funds, I can't pay the staff"?

There's a big difference. The first one is blackmail, the second is a simple statement of fact.
I see the first statement as direct blackmail and the second as indirect blackmail.

I see your point if you just view these statements in isolation. But the backdrop is that the club has been well supported financially by fans in relation to the league we are in, there are a number of creditors out there that haven’t been paid and our issues have been repeated year after year. So taking that into context and then reading the statements it can easily be seen as a pay or else statement

I have been involved with a number of acquisitions and potential purchases over the years in my line of work and seen many an owner with unrealistic expectations as to what a business is worth, Ron strikes me as exactly that man! I would love to be proved wrong but I think it will take a very good offer to persuade him to sell. I am not sure how serious he is...
Ok, but there isn't anything we know of that is dubious... you (as I think most of us do including myself) just doubt him in general as a seller that will get a deal done.

Problem is, he's only offering the debt ridden areas, whilst keeping the profitable parts for himself. Nobody will take him serious until he starts to offer up some of the residential.

He's been blackmailing us ever since he bought the club's assets TBH
Only relevant for a property developer or someone that wants our club for profit.

We aren’t dealing with that sort of buyer :)

I wonder if Ronnie enjoys the ride down Fossets Way past B and Q where he can see a hive of activity with 200 or so houses going up at a rate of knots.
So apparently it is possible to develop property and not find someone else to blame cos it's just not happening.

I take it you know exactly what’s going on behind the scenes to call NDA bs and nonsense. It’s a completely valid reason.

The reason you here about Chelsea/Man Utd is because they are global sides, with much more interest in them than us.

If an interested party wants to leak it to the press, they willl. If the Echo, or any other press hear something, they may leak it as well. However, you certainly won’t be hearing anything from people involved in the deal from the Club side of things.

The bidders for Chelsea/Man U were bidding for ego reasons. They are going to be briefing the media non-stop like they are P**l B***n as they are in it for the publicity. If someone is bidding as a business investment rather than as an ego stroke they’ll keep quiet until it’s done.

The bidders for Chelsea/Man U were bidding for ego reasons. They are going to be briefing the media non-stop like they are P**l B***n as they are in it for the publicity. If someone is bidding as a business investment rather than as an ego stroke they’ll keep quiet until it’s done.

Whereas the ones bidding for Southend are making an announcement tomorrow at 3.

Indeed. I think it's fair to say that the $6bn asking price for the Washington Redskins (yes, I know the name has been changed), will be somewhat higher than the price for Southend United, and the bidders will be higher profile people, but one of them has successfully kept his name out of the press. It can be done,

Absolutely this. It's commercial manipulation at worst. But NOT blackmail. We need to be very careful throwing those accusations around.

Absolutely this. It's commercial manipulation at worst. But NOT blackmail. We need to be very careful throwing those accusations around.
It's emotional blackmail without a doubt, trying to play on the loyalty of supporters, making them feel guilty at playing a part in bringing the club down if they don't renew, just to buy himself a bit more time before the inevitable happens. Beneath contempt.

why anyone thinks RM is capable of building a housing develpement and a stadium when he cant even pay the staff he has got is beyond me..

his best bet is to get few quid for his planning permissions and few quid for SUFC and go on a long holidaay with his family ...

why anyone thinks RM is capable of building a housing develpement and a stadium when he cant even pay the staff he has got is beyond me..

his best bet is to get few quid for his planning permissions and few quid for SUFC and go on a long holidaay with his family ...
A former president of the US reportedly had not paid around 500 small contractors by the time he took office, and so declining to meet financial obligations does not always prove to be a career obstacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back