• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So at the moment we have the joker in charge of the club As far as i am cocerned Ron martin really has all the cards .He has shuffled the pack made every one to beleve he is selling the club .But as far as i am beleving he has not intention of selling the club .And he is probabley worred that the wolves are closing in on him .

So at the moment we have the joker in charge of the club As far as i am cocerned Ron martin really has all the cards .He has shuffled the pack made every one to beleve he is selling the club .But as far as i am beleving he has not intention of selling the club .And he is probabley worred that the wolves are closing in on him .

He is selling the Club….

He is selling the Club….
I’m thought he was selling an opportunity (his words). That’s a very odd choice of words for someone who, according to many on hear, is absolutely selling the club.

If it was me, I’d be very explicit in saying “I have today put the club up for sale”. That he hasn’t clearly avoided being so transparent and having endured the disingenuous nature of Con Martin throughout his tumultuous tenure as chairman of our beloved club, I am struggling to believe the club is actually up for sale.

I genuinely would love to see concrete evidence that the club is up for sale. Until such point this is publicly available to all fans (a la Man Ure) I just can’t accept that the club is for sale.

yes and i am the pope So far mr martin say there are no takers for the club .

Hello Mr Pope.

Time will tell, but IF we are in advanced talks with someone/some people, the Club will be in a period of NDA.

RM said that he wouldn’t be making anymore announcements on this until there is something to say. Possibly under a NDA already.

Hello Mr Pope.

Time will tell, but IF we are in advanced talks with someone/some people, the Club will be in a period of NDA.

RM said that he wouldn’t be making anymore announcements on this until there is something to say. Possibly under a NDA already.
Rubbish! We’d definitely hear about it… when there were offers being made for Chelsea I heard about it, even though I’m not a fan and couldn’t care less… it seems every other day I read about someone else making an offer for Man Ure, again I couldn’t care less.

Please stop this “we’re not hearing anything because everyone is under a NDA” bs. It’s nonsense.

I genuinely fear this announcement could be the end. What prospective buyer is going to come in and spend millions of dollars on a club deep in debt, with no assets, loses millions a year and with the lure of a stadium which doesn’t exist and has aspects not approved by council.
Anyone who wants to buy a football club! If there pockets are deep enough then those things are irrelevant.

Rubbish! We’d definitely hear about it… when there were offers being made for Chelsea I heard about it, even though I’m not a fan and couldn’t care less… it seems every other day I read about someone else making an offer for Man Ure, again I couldn’t care less.

Please stop this “we’re not hearing anything because everyone is under a NDA” bs. It’s nonsense.

I take it you know exactly what’s going on behind the scenes to call NDA bs and nonsense. It’s a completely valid reason.

The reason you hear about Chelsea/Man Utd is because they are global sides, with much more interest in them than us.

If an interested party wants to leak it to the press, they willl. If the Echo, or any other press hear something, they may leak it as well. However, you certainly won’t be hearing anything from people involved in the deal from the Club side of things.

Last edited:
I take it you know exactly what’s going on behind the scenes to call NDA bs and nonsense. It’s a completely valid reason.

The reason you here about Chelsea/Man Utd is because they are global sides, with much more interest in them than us.

If an interested party wants to leak it to the press, they willl. If the Echo, or any other press hear something, they may leak it as well. However, you certainly won’t be hearing anything from people involved in the deal from the Club side of things.
Nope, I don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes. I have never said I do. My point was it’s conjecture to say there is stuff happening but we, as fans, don’t know, because there’s an NDA in place. That is bs.

I do wonder sometimes at people who feel they SHOULD know everything that is being discussed. Then you have those who THINK they know - and speculate. Neither are really helpful. Here is my opinion...and I have no shred of evidence for it...it's just an opinion.

My opinion is that I would not be surprised if discussions with potential parties are already underway and that there is a ring of "no-communication" whilst discussions/negotiations and Those words are banned is underway. There...my opinion. FWiW.

Now I will sit back...not get too anxsty about Ron, and keep supporting what is happening on the pitch. They need our continued support and digging away at Ron even after his announcement will not help.

Is he flawed?...you bet he is. Do we need change? As soon as is possible. Will it get tense? We ARE Southend...of course it will get tense.

Will me worrying about it and getting uptight at others actually change anything? Nope. never has, never will. COYB'S!

Comparing Southend to Chelsea and Manchester United lol

Comparing Southend to Chelsea and Manchester United lol
Who’s doing that? Definitely not me.

I was showing that selling a club does not need to be done in silence. To think our club is so in demand that it MUST be under NDA when sale of clubs such as Chelsea & Man Ure aren’t, is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back