• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes. I have never said I do. My point was it’s conjecture to say there is stuff happening but we, as fans, don’t know, because there’s an NDA in place. That is bs.

It’s conjecture to say that nothing is happening and the Club isn’t up for sale because we haven’t heard anything since the announcement. That is bs.

People are really showing how much they do not know how selling a club/a business works.

Painful reading.

To be fair, for a lot of fans, this will be the first time in their Southend life, that the Club is involved in a sale, and not everyone would have been involved in selling a business either.

I’m in that category myself.

Who’s doing that? Definitely not me.

I was showing that selling a club does not need to be done in silence. To think our club is so in demand that it MUST be under NDA when sale of clubs such as Chelsea & Man Ure aren’t, is hilarious.

No one is suggested that out Club MUST be under a NDA, they are suggesting they COULD be under a NDA. Big difference.

It’s conjecture to say that nothing is happening and the Club isn’t up for sale because we haven’t heard anything since the announcement. That is bs.
agree, partly. However Con Martin saying he is selling “an opportunity “ does not I still confidence he really is or wants to sell.

So would you put up millons for a stadium that is falling down .And a new stadium that may or maynot get bulit .I there really someone out there that is really stupid .

Should there not be a mass protest planned for Friday? Staff unpaid….dubious sales process and blackmailing season ticket holders.

I see no ’Hope’!
Why are season ticket holders being blackmailed? Tradition with football clubs the ‘supporters’ buy tickets which are used to pay for the club expenses. You then have a club. The clubs with the most “supporters” tend to be the ones at the top.

I use supporters rather than fans or followers, as support indicates a kind of financial support.

I am not Ron, despise the man. But it’s not blackmail, it’s just how it works. The trouble is that the rest of the football model is broken. Ron doesn’t have the money to cover it, the other chairmen find a way.

Should there not be a mass protest planned for Friday? Staff unpaid….dubious sales process and blackmailing season ticket holders.

I see no ’Hope’!
How is the sales process dubious? I get it that we don't trust RM as far as we can throw him, but what is your statement based on? He has engaged a serious, experienced agency to help in the sale of the club.

No matter the NDA signed, Ron Martin / MD or whoever the major shareholder now is could release some simple updates if there was progress happening, which would quickly stop a lot of the 'Why is Stan here' or similar posts.

For instance RM could say 'We've had interest for X number of parties and opportunities are being discussed' or 'We're yet to receive formal interest, but discussions are taking place'.

Simple updates without being specific would make a hell of a difference at this point.

Why are season ticket holders being blackmailed? Tradition with football clubs the ‘supporters’ buy tickets which are used to pay for the club expenses. You then have a club. The clubs with the most “supporters” tend to be the ones at the top.

I use supporters rather than fans or followers, as support indicates a kind of financial support.

I am not Ron, despise the man. But it’s not blackmail, it’s just how it works. The trouble is that the rest of the football model is broken. Ron doesn’t have the money to cover it, the other chairmen find a way.

There is a definite intimation from Ron that if fans don't buy season cards then essentially we will be responsible for the subsequent consequences.

Never mind that he said he had taken out a loan to pay all and stabilise the club, yet staff still unpaid, bills still unpaid.

We all renewed last year and it made no difference. We were still embargoed and dragged to the court for winding up. Players still went unpaid etc.

So what difference do you actually think a couple of thousand season tickets will make.

Zero difference and I really don't trust Ron to even go as far as put the club in administration.

If we find ourselves in the same boat next season, then there are no more loans available. It's the end.

The only way this ends well is if we get a new owner (s) and the club stabilises, rebuilds it's reputation, support returns and the management team can finally build the team they want.

I'll reiterate. If new ownership come in, I'll be first in the queue to renew. Until then, it's away games only for me.

Who’s doing that? Definitely not me.

I was showing that selling a club does not need to be done in silence. To think our club is so in demand that it MUST be under NDA when sale of clubs such as Chelsea & Man Ure aren’t, is hilarious.
not sure about Chelsea but Man U are absolutely a different case as they're a publicly listed company, so different rules apply to making potential takeover bids public.

Did you not read his responses to Shrimpers Trust questions - he is basically saying without the funds he can not pay staff, that is the blackmail.

How is the sales process dubious? I get it that we don't trust RM as far as we can throw him, but what is your statement based on? He has engaged a serious, experienced agency to help in the sale of the club.
I have been involved with a number of acquisitions and potential purchases over the years in my line of work and seen many an owner with unrealistic expectations as to what a business is worth, Ron strikes me as exactly that man! I would love to be proved wrong but I think it will take a very good offer to persuade him to sell. I am not sure how serious he is...

I have been involved with a number of acquisitions and potential purchases over the years in my line of work and seen many an owner with unrealistic expectations as to what a business is worth, Ron strikes me as exactly that man! I would love to be proved wrong but I think it will take a very good offer to persuade him to sell. I am not sure how serious he is...
Who knows anymore. He’s a clown

Problem is, he's only offering the debt ridden areas, whilst keeping the profitable parts for himself. Nobody will take him serious until he starts to offer up some of the residential.

He's been blackmailing us ever since he bought the club's assets TBH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back