• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ñ
Don't let actual facts get in the way of a good picture.

Its to be used as the source for drinking water and showers for the new training ground, not some preposterous idea that its only to be used to ensure the 4 pitches do not flood, and any rain water that does collect can then (eventually if and when its gets connected) be pumped up to the storage tank as and when that runs empty
100% not what I was told by the Whitehorse foreman. Still the least of our problems at the moment.

Didn't see many of the 1000 you state sticking up for him either,
So you're taking silence as anti? Wow? Do you really expect everyone on here to pipe up? We'd be at well over the post count if they did.

Also when comments are coming from a moderator, as well as Medway Blue who seems to be an ITK, an opinion carries value/weight that there may be something behind it that isn't common knowledge.
No it doesn't. They don't count more than one, as much as they may wish they did!

Been thinking all sort of things today about the club and it's goes without saying I would be devastated if the worst happens tomorrow but I can safely say I attended every protest that I could. I knew it wouldn't achieve anything but I couldn't just sit there and moan on shrimperzone about it. I just wonder IF the worst happens how those who have done nothing, and those who mocked those that tried, will feel knowing they were a bystander when our club died.

I'm in a bit of a angry stage at the moment after seeing the Ron videos today and his quite frankly pathetic excuses said last night but I'm also angry at our fanbase for just a few hundred actively showing our support to our players and staff in showing our disgust in how we feel they've been treated. There's of course some that can't make it due to work, kids, illnesses etc etc and that's understandable but there's also many who just couldn't be arsed and its you that this post is aimed at. Hang your heads in shame.

and you my friend are one of the people my post above is aimed at.
Point all you like. You said above you know it wouldn't acheive much so that makes me the more sensible one for not wasting my time on something we have zero control over. Never did, never will. Will I be gutted if we fold? YES. Will I ever regret not turning up to these half baked protests? Never because as you said IT WON'T ACHEIVE ANYTHING!! Lastly do not use the term "my friend" when being snarky it makes you look bitter.

As soon as Ron made his mind up what he wanted to do it was too late. Protesting never bothered him and never will. Protesting the night before the court case is going to do naff all to change the narrative. Take a night off feet up and worry about tomorrow like most sensible folk would!
Patronising.

I assume your pals with Tom Lawrence and I assume the other bid is around the club being made insolvent and then being purchased by Lawrence and some others including PG site services for a small amount am I close ??
It would need to be in administration rather than insolvent for this to be a possibility. and unless PG has a floating charge against their debt no means of getting the club into administration. Ron could but why would he when he has a buyer that offers at least a better outcome than that. I'm afraid that's a plan (if that's what it is) detached from reality...

Anyone know why the club were due at Chelmsford Magistrates court today? Was listed for court 2. Case has been adjourned as someone from the club emailed in saying they were unaware of the date. The WUP was mentioned in court.
No surprise really. we are being taken to the cleaners at every step.

The saddest part of all this is that the football governing bodies have enabled owners to change ownership of stadiums and club assets. A Chairman or owner of any football club should always have certain restrictions on what they can or can’t do.

For all the years, generations of all our families have been watching Southend United, and all looks to be ended by greed.

“The way of life can be free and beautiful, But we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls, Has barricaded the world with hate, Has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

To those who can hear me, I say do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.”

The Great Dictator - Charlie Chaplin’s

All this talk of dodgy debts, water being cut off, men with briefcases...I'm getting PTSD having dealt with my grandparents affairs when they passed away.

No doubt the new owners will also fine s**t tons of stale milk in the fridge, cat calendars and mountains of QVC tat in ronnie's office.

All this talk of dodgy debts, water being cut off, men with briefcases...I'm getting PTSD having dealt with my grandparents affairs when they passed away.

No doubt the new owners will also fine s**t tons of stale milk in the fridge, cat calendars and mountains of QVC tat in ronnie's office.
He never paid the QVC bill as the club credit card had already been maxed to the limit by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back