• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume your pals with Tom Lawrence and I assume the other bid is around the club being made insolvent and then being purchased by Lawrence and some others including PG site services for a small amount am I close ??
If the Club is wound up then no one can buy it.

If it were to be put into Administration (which I don't think is an option) then Ron Martin is by far the biggest creditor and would have to approve any sale.

So is anyone actually going to this protest at 6pm tonight? There is no point it being 10 people again
One person 10 persons 1000 persons be your own man your voice will be heard everyone seems to have you same attitude … it’s someone else’s problem … you all wore masks for someone else .. I’m going tonight for my mate Bens son gabby who loves Southend

My understanding is Lomas, Powell & Mooney have all slung their notices in.

Lomas is gone regardless, but I believe Powell maybe having second thoughts on the notice.

Suppose what happens tomorrow could dictate some more departures too.
Based on what?

Not in its current state it's not.

We’re a car crash of a club, but that in itself will generate interest among football fans.

We also have one of the biggest fan bases in the league which makes us a lucrative proposition to the NL’s streaming service.

And let’s not forget, when attracting sponsors, you’d certainly want some big names headlining your division. They don’t come much bigger than us at this level.

how would you all react to an adjournment?

It’d be frustrating that it’s still not completed, but an adjournment would tentatively suggest that something is happening. That’s better than being wound up.

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but on what basis would an adjournment be granted? We’re led to believe Kimura’s offer is only on the table until tomorrow, and if we go into the hearing and they’ve pulled out, we won’t be able to use them as evidence that a deal is close. Is there another group who are close?

Unfortunately, only Ronald can answer that. Would it surprise anyone if something else had been going on in the background?

I think the club will be sold in the next 24 hours, but not to Kimura group.

As above, nothing would surprise me.

Or the club could be dead and it would then be TOO LATE!!! ****ING HELL, I actually give up. **** it let it die. No one bother
As soon as Ron made his mind up what he wanted to do it was too late. Protesting never bothered him and never will. Protesting the night before the court case is going to do naff all to change the narrative. Take a night off feet up and worry about tomorrow like most sensible folk would!

His not even responding to kimura. The blokes a moron. If he don't get a golden egg he would rather see our club die.

"You can't do a hood deal with a bad person"

Been thinking all sort of things today about the club and it's goes without saying I would be devastated if the worst happens tomorrow but I can safely say I attended every protest that I could. I knew it wouldn't achieve anything but I couldn't just sit there and moan on shrimperzone about it. I just wonder IF the worst happens how those who have done nothing, and those who mocked those that tried, will feel knowing they were a bystander when our club died.

I'm in a bit of a angry stage at the moment after seeing the Ron videos today and his quite frankly pathetic excuses said last night but I'm also angry at our fanbase for just a few hundred actively showing our support to our players and staff in showing our disgust in how we feel they've been treated. There's of course some that can't make it due to work, kids, illnesses etc etc and that's understandable but there's also many who just couldn't be arsed and its you that this post is aimed at. Hang your heads in shame.

Wouldn’t it be lovely to have an older wise head at the planned protest tonight? Someone from the trust, doesn’t have to be loads just a face to say yes we back this, would be totally respected amongst everyone attending too.
The Trust only put out a statement showing they support the protests but NEVER attend. Brilliant considering they're for some reason got the heading as speaking for us all.

His not even responding to kimura. The blokes a moron. If he don't get a golden egg he would rather see our club die.

"You can't do a hood deal with a bad person"
I doubt whether Kimura would be chasing him. As stock value goes there's very little left in the club and I'd imagine they are already having second thoughts about any bid the've placed.

Reactions: TJC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back