• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me, what is it going to achieve? Seriously, what are you hoping for...he'll see you out there, read the banner for the 165th time and then think "ah, I should probably do something about this..." No!! We are where we are, we wait for tomorrow now, that is all we can do.
Probably nothing, but having their voices heard...Don't we live in a Democracy where people are free to protest.

More power to the lads that want to protest tonight, these are caring fans, they might not make a difference but i stand behind them 100% for their efforts.

This isnt Christmas we are talking about, it’s the lifeblood of our club.
aren’t all caring fans, all loyal fans whether we protest or not ?

Because he loves the club etc etc

Tell me, what is it going to achieve? Seriously, what are you hoping for...he'll see you out there, read the banner for the 165th time and then think "ah, I should probably do something about this..." No!! We are where we are, we wait for tomorrow now, that is all we can do.
doubt he will be be there. If he has wind of the fact a protest is likely to be happening no doubt he will go out / have security there. guess he was only there last night as the protest wasnt publicised. however i support anyone who goes down there tonight, i cant/wont as have family responsibilities

Or the club could be dead and it would then be TOO LATE!!! ****ING HELL, I actually give up. **** it let it die. No one bother
It’s not that I don’t care or bother but I have things to do that are important

If the club is dead, hopefully it won’t be, but that’s still Concrete news

I’m clinging onto the hope that some how all this drama is being manufactured to create thrilling content for the documentary….perhaps in 9 months or so we can sit back with our Amazon Prime and watch it play out knowing there’s a positive outcome……well that’s what I’m telling myself to remain calm as this horror story unfolds.

Please explain what a protest tonight is going to achieve...with such small numbers supporting it, it's pathetic more than anything. If poo hits the fan tomorrow, by all means, but tonight will get you nothing except maybe a little buzz because it's past your bedtime and you have school tomorrow...
You pretentious little man. The people who are out "past their bedtime with school Tomorrow" are voicing their very valid concerns and worries and your reaction to that is to call it pathetic and make out like they're stupid for doing so.

You don't have to agree with the protesting, of course, but you can't call it pathetic whilst you sit back and hope for Ron to do the right thing. This is one of the reasons why most of the fanbase is so fractured - instead of supporting people trying to force out that subhuman scumbag of an owner, you put them down.

I'm not disputing they care, they clearly do, nor am I disputing their right to protest, but don't infer that by not going, we who won't/can't attend, don't care.

We are all on this page because we care deeply about our club, or in the case of fans of other clubs, they care about the game we've all come to love and don't like to see other fans suffer.

If they want to go, they can go, I'm merely stating I don't see the point or what it can possibly achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back