• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did the National League say tomorrow was the deadline? They don't want us starting the season in this state, understandably, but if things are moving forward and there's still three weeks until football they won't want to be the ones who pull the plug.
Confirmed yesterday on the call with the Trust and Anna Firth. They made it 12th July to be in-line with the court date, as the deadline pertains to the same requirement.

Thank you mate!

You guys are looking really strong for the season!
Ha, thanks! We haven’t had a promotion since 1990 so 30 years of hurt and all that!

Like I said, all Latics fans are right behind you and we really hope we’ll be seeing you next month.

We took around a thousand to Torquay for the opening game last season so hopefully similar on the 05th but with the uncertainty and no ticket details maybe a bit less (although one of our supporter groups has already filled a 70 seater coach!)

Stay strong and don’t turn on each other, you’re all Shrimpers!

Good luck tomorrow!

They haven't said anything publicly.

Deadlines can be moved
“There would need to be a compelling reason present for the National League to allow a further period of grace.

“For that reason, it is vital that the parties involved make significant progress regarding the ownership of the club in the next 36 hours.”
They didn't quite say that.

Edit - or maybe they did.

In a meeting with the trust. Has there been any progress? Simon Jackson posted on his Instagram a month ago, it was close weeks ago, Ron was saying it is over last night by Wednesday. I’m hardly lying when all the information points in one direction

Don’t worry about politicians and judges. Don Martinone carries them in his pockets like so many nickels and dimes.

“On 12th July 2023, the winding up petition will be back before the Court. In advance of that date, the Club must pay the petition debt (due to HMRC) and the debt of those supporting the petition, we also need to bring staff salaries up to date. ”

Part of the statement from our OS
Thank you. Just because I just joined the site Im getting eye rolls from people who haven’t read everything

“On 12th July 2023, the winding up petition will be back before the Court. In advance of that date, the Club must pay the petition debt (due to HMRC) and the debt of those supporting the petition, we also need to bring staff salaries up to date. ”

Part of the statement from our OS
I think the bold part relating to salaries is more of a National League requirement, than the courts. But yes, Ron is playing with fire should none of these be fully settled.

I've said for some time now that I think a clean sweep of the boardroom and the upper reaches of the club's hierarchy would be best for everyone.
We did that and things improved until Ron stopped paying for things. The problem is Ron and only Ron. Everybody deserves a chance to prove themselves at a normal football club... if we ever get there.

You see Stan you’ve just shown that what I said isn’t actually incorrect - I specifically said that you have “previously stated” that you would work for the club for free. Indeed, you have not said this since your official role being confirmed, but I never said you’d said it since then either.

All I have said is that, in the past, you said you would be working for free. This is completely correct.
Leave it. Focus on whether we will have a club after tomorrow.

I think bold part relating to salaries if more of a National League requirement, than the courts.
The point remains, even if we fleece another grace period from the courts. We are out the NL tomorrow. Yes, there is plenty of time before the start of the season, but thats in regard to sorting a NL without us in it, rather than planning a NL with us.

“There would need to be a compelling reason present for the National League to allow a further period of grace.

“For that reason, it is vital that the parties involved make significant progress regarding the ownership of the club in the next 36 hours.”

In a meeting with the trust. Has there been any progress? Simon Jackson posted on his Instagram a month ago, it was close weeks ago, Ron was saying it is over last night by Wednesday. I’m hardly lying when all the information points in one direction

No one accused you of lying. The reporting isn't at all clear because everyone is in the dark. The Trust statement yesterday doesn't say tomorrow is a hard deadline and that wasn't how I read the reporting Chris put out on Sunday or Monday either.

The only way an adjournment tomorrow is feasible is if there's compelling evidence that a sale is imminent. If that is the case I don't think the League would pull the plug on the Club.

This is quoted from the Club update put on the OS on the 5th June 23;

On 12th July 2023, the winding up petition will be back before the Court. In advance of that date, the Club must pay the petition debt (due to HMRC) and the debt of those supporting the petition, we also need to bring staff salaries up to date.

In relation to that, the Club continue to explore financing options (as it did back in March when a substantial debt to HMRC was paid). In addition, the Club remain in conversation with interested parties who would like to purchase the Club.

In short, the petition debt and sums due to staff must, and will, be paid before 12th July 2023.

So, before Ron tries to kick the can down the road again, this needs addressing by tomorrow? I know we could have different scenarios, with potential buyers, etc...

Also, with Ron being Ron, would he need to provide written proof, rather than just verbally, that all the above had been addressed? Because, you can tell he lies as his lips move.

Just want to make sure that he doesn`t flannel his way out of it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back