• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be stunned if there's an adjournment.
I'd suggest you need to prepare yourself to be stunned then, Sir.

The only question is, how long will it be?

CP's latest article summarises nicely.

Bottom line, we are going to need a truck load of goodwill from the judge and perhaps even more so from the National League tomorrow.

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong, if the club goes? Does Ron still own the land and is he still able to build houses?

What I'm trying to say is.. if the club isn't around no more I'm assuming it's a hurdle out of his way to build on the land?

Sorry if I'm way off
Fossetts Farm is the Golden Goose. It always was. And planning permission there is really depended on the football club.

Could he build on Roots Hall? Potentially maybe but I don't think it would be easy.

People seriously think the national league is making empty threats, if its not paid tomorrow we are done. Ron Martin wasn’t bluffing. I get people are trying to stay positive but theres being positive and realism, they have given us enough lifelines

People seriously think the national league is making empty threats, if its not paid tomorrow we are done. Ron Martin wasn’t bluffing. I get people are trying to stay positive but theres being positive and realism, they have given us enough lifelines

Hey admin/mods can we get an eyeroll added to the list of post reactions please. Thank you x

I'd suggest you need to prepare yourself to be stunned then, Sir.

The only question is, how long will it be?
The only question is would it be granted.

If he has, as Cricko says, got something up his sleeve then fine but if he's looking to sweet talk the Judge into giving him extra time then I'm very worried right now.

That is a fair truth and a real concern. If its not done tomorrow, which its looking that way, whether the judge shows mercy or not, I don't think the NL will. Christ what an almighty mess.

Fossetts Farm is the Golden Goose. It always was. And planning permission there is really depended on the football club.

Could he build on Roots Hall? Potentially maybe but I don't think it would be easy.
IF he has to re-apply for planning due to the clause about the (any?) club playing at the new stadium; given the speed the council work at, I doubt Ron will be able to enjoy the fruits of his labour quite honestly. I would hope the objections would be overwhelming and help to stall things.

When did the National League say tomorrow was the deadline? They don't want us starting the season in this state, understandably, but if things are moving forward and there's still three weeks until football they won't want to be the ones who pull the plug.

When did the National League say tomorrow was the deadline? They don't want us starting the season in this state, understandably, but if things are moving forward and there's still three weeks until football they won't want to be the ones who pull the plug.
They said all debts must be paid by Wednesday I haven’t made it up have I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back