• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if your able to confirm Stan but are we missing out on targets that had been lined up by the football department whilst this embargo / sale completes.

Are there any potential players that are hanging on patiently waiting for this sale to go through allowing them to sign?

Is the famed whiteboard of players being updated constantly with new targets if we miss out on ones that had already been identified
That had been confirmed already on here already as being true.

Oldham fan in peace!

Genuinely shocked to see the situation down there and given what we went through over the last few years we can relate to how you feel. We have been lucky enough to find a dream owner in Frank Rothwell and his family. Truly hope you get the same outcome in the coming days.

If all goes well we will see you August 05th and hopefully celebrate together whatever the outcome on the pitch.

I really hope that nobody gives Stan a tough time! Just dont!

I am 100% certain he is as upset, frustrated and fed up with this mess as the rest of us. I am pretty sure he has some strong opinions on what is going on, but he is not going to say anything because a) he is no more informed than us, and b) he is too professional to compromise himself in such a sensitive situation.

BTW - Stan, good to see you on here!
Stan who?

There is nothing I know about the intricacies of any deal between Ron and any other party.

It is not my role to know.

You could of course say "John Still is quiet", but me being on all platforms, I'm the obvious one to question for some bizarre reason.

I haven't been paid since October.

I'm as much in the know as everyone else in the Football Department.

PS. Anyone seriously questioning Tom Lawrence is so far off the mark it's not even funny. Without him there is a very good chance there would have been no club, several times. Be careful who you throw your vitriol towards is my advice.

My remit is Football Department, Media, Commercial, Supporters. The first two there is literally zero I can add to at the moment, third one I've put some great partners to the club, last one I haven't been able to host my regular monthly meeting because it was decided above me not to.

I hope that's clear enough for everyone on my current input.
Stan, can I ask why you don’t tweet about the current situation at the club? With 888.3k followers I feel you have a platform to be able to shine a spotlight on us. Today more than ever we need that!! If the club folds tomorrow it will be all over the papers but unfortunately until that happens we don’t get a look in!?

I’m not trying to dig you out, I really feel that you are in a position that you could help. I am grateful for everything you have done for the club and doing so with your hands tied can’t have been easy.

Stan, can I ask why you don’t tweet about the current situation at the club? With 888.3k followers I feel you have a platform to be able to shine a spotlight on us. Today more than ever we need that!! If the club folds tomorrow it will be all over the papers but unfortunately until that happens we don’t get a look in!?

I’m not trying to dig you out, I really feel that you are in a position that you could help. I am grateful for everything you have done for the club and doing so with your hands tied can’t have been easy.
As a paid employee he contractually won’t be able to tweet anything about inner goings on at the club

You see Stan you’ve just shown that what I said isn’t actually incorrect - I specifically said that you have “previously stated” that you would work for the club for free. Indeed, you have not said this since your official role being confirmed, but I never said you’d said it since then either.

All I have said is that, in the past, you said you would be working for free. This is completely correct.
Stan is confused now!

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong, if the club goes? Does Ron still own the land and is he still able to build houses?

What I'm trying to say is.. if the club isn't around no more I'm assuming it's a hurdle out of his way to build on the land?

Sorry if I'm way off

Oldham fan in peace!

Genuinely shocked to see the situation down there and given what we went through over the last few years we can relate to how you feel. We have been lucky enough to find a dream owner in Frank Rothwell and his family. Truly hope you get the same outcome in the coming days.

If all goes well we will see you August 05th and hopefully celebrate together whatever the outcome on the pitch.
Thank you mate!

You guys are looking really strong for the season!

Not sure if your able to confirm Stan but are we missing out on targets that had been lined up by the football department whilst this embargo / sale completes.

Are there any potential players that are hanging on patiently waiting for this sale to go through allowing them to sign?

Is the famed whiteboard of players being updated constantly with new targets if we miss out on ones that had already been identified

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.

you want this all officially announced, do you? so that other clubs who might quite fancy a few of our players get a formal update of who’s thinking what?

Can you find any quote since my official photo and official role being confirming that I was working for free?

If you do, quoted fully by me, anywhere, I'll leave my role immediately.
I clearly recall Stan helping the club for free before officially being taken on where a wage was agreed. Like others at the club, he's hardly seen anything of it which is unforgivable.

Stan has demonstrated dedication to this club in helping get our current management team in, going to games to watch targets, being an ambassador for our club when chasing down players, pep talking the team on match days. All of which requires a lot of time and travelling.

Personally, I am very grateful for Stans involvement and would love for it to continue, but we have to compensate him for his efforts.

I don't think there are many fans amongst us that would work the the club without at least covering expenses and living costs. Stan is no different, He has a deep affection for Southend, yet he is entitled to earn a living.

Thanks again @StanCollymore

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong, if the club goes? Does Ron still own the land and is he still able to build houses?

What I'm trying to say is.. if the club isn't around no more I'm assuming it's a hurdle out of his way to build on the land?

Sorry if I'm way off
The value of the land is in the planning permission. The planning permission requires a large stadium to be built first.

Ron needs a club to be the tenant/purchaser of stadium.

Sorry if I'm way off

Yes, maybe (he'd need to reapply for planning permission) - but you have to question timing - why has he kept the club alive for 25 years if it was better for him if the club didn't exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back