• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southend United, has been a part of my life for over 3 decades. I’ve come and gone many times, due to one reason or another, but it will always be there and with many of my friends look forward to watching us play.

Last night I’ve not slept… today, I’ve told the Missus to **** off, kicked off at a load of people I work with and simply can’t focus. To think by tomorrow will may not have a football club, is just tragically heart breaking and making me terribly angry.

I feel for every other person who is feeling 5% or 100% of what I am feeling today.
3 decades your lucky, think of poor old @RHB ,he has been supporting the team for near on 9 decades.

Why do I feel SVC communicating today, is telling us something is about to happen? Over the past couple of seasons it’s been the same… Stan goes quite, starts communicating, something happens?
I really wouldn't read that into this, he cares about the club and follows the forum, especially on a day like today, and someone called him out, so he had the grace to reply.

I really don't see there being anything else to this at all.

I have been thinking about this for a while and whilst we all make comment about RM selling the club I actually don’t think that is a true description of what’s going on here.
The majority shareholder ( South Eastern Leisure) own 70.62% of the shares so what is being sold is SE Leisure’s shares not the company.

Yes, although my guess is that they’ll be buying SEL rather than just SEL’s shares in SUFC.
Apologies if I’ve missed it, but on what basis would an adjournment be granted? We’re led to believe Kimura’s offer is only on the table until tomorrow, and if we go into the hearing and they’ve pulled out, we won’t be able to use them as evidence that a deal is close. Is there another group who are close?

If everything is agreed before the deadline but we just need an extra week or so to pay everyone I can see us getting an extension, but if not?

Even if we did get an adjournment, any more than three weeks and we’d surely be kicked out the league as the season would have started.

Again, apologies if I’ve overlooked anything.

An extension would I believe be granted by the court if substantial progress was shown.

The question would be is Kimura’s deadline to accept or to complete?

(Even if Kimura’s deadline is to complete they could extend it, particularly if the deadline extracted the concessions they sought)

I've clearly missed a trick here but in simple terms, what has TL done that has upset the majority of you? My view was his hands are tied by the guy at the top.

And if he is a part of an interested party looking to buy the club, that would be a conflict of interest so surely is not possible?

Not ITK so it is not clear to me.
Where did you get that from?

Why do I feel SVC communicating today, is telling us something is about to happen? Over the past couple of seasons it’s been the same… Stan goes quite, starts communicating, something happens?
Nope. I bring no tea leaves or Haitian juju or Mystic Meg.

I have zero information, insider or outsider as to what's happening with the much publicised sale of the club.

I've just responded to one or two who asked specific questions.

Yes I thought major tom was just Ron’s puppet that’s why he been very quiet these last few weeks along with Stan collymore
But what else can he actually do?

It's not his fault players aren't paid.

He has a boss, like everyone else.

So what do you mean by puppet? That's like anyone who is an employee in any industry is just a puppet, based on their job role?

There is nothing I know about the intricacies of any deal between Ron and any other party.

It is not my role to know.

You could of course say "John Still is quiet", but me being on all platforms, I'm the obvious one to question for some bizarre reason.

I haven't been paid since October.

I'm as much in the know as everyone else in the Football Department.

PS. Anyone seriously questioning Tom Lawrence is so far off the mark it's not even funny. Without him there is a very good chance there would have been no club, several times. Be careful who you throw your vitriol towards is my advice.

My remit is Football Department, Media, Commercial, Supporters. The first two there is literally zero I can add to at the moment, third one I've put some great partners to the club, last one I haven't been able to host my regular monthly meeting because it was decided above me not to.

I hope that's clear enough for everyone on my current input.
If only you had a spare £20m!

No, you swore wrong. At the point you saw me officially unveiled, I had a paid role at the club.

What I said in a zoom call prior to joining the club was that I would do a role for 6 months to show what I would do.

That wasn't needed.

If you or anyone else has a problem with me being paid, I'll take it into consideration before the season starts.
Don't rise to it Stan, you know 99.9% of Shrimpers have nothing but respect for you........

Maybe there is another party in the background (There may even be two others) and Ron's intention is to sell to them should he not agree terms with Kimura. Which is what I think @ForeverBlue was getting at.
Yes, you’re correct in respect of another party in the background @Smithy, however, and I have to be careful how i word this, Ron’s intentions with both Kimura and the other party aren’t honourable in the slightest, quite the opposite in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back