• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be in a minority with this opinion but I wouldn’t be angry about TL preparing a bid if it ensured we have an option should the Kimura negotiations fall through. Seems sensible to have as many options and safety nets as possible.

However I would take issue if he were delaying the processes deliberately to make the Kimura deal fail.

I've clearly missed a trick here but in simple terms, what has TL done that has upset the majority of you? My view was his hands are tied by the guy at the top.

And if he is a part of an interested party looking to buy the club, that would be a conflict of interest so surely is not possible?

Not ITK so it is not clear to me.

If true you have to ask how all the other clubs recently manage to achieve a sale…and then there is us
Their accounts are probably easier to do Those words are banned on than ours. This is why I don't think it's feasible to expect a third party to swoop in now at the last second - anyone interested is going to want/need weeks to pull the company apart and try to get to the bottom of exactly what we owe to who.

This is exactly why Bury never got bought. A dodgy owner hiding all sorts in the financial records to the point where no sane person would knowingly understand what they were even buying.

Might be in a minority with this opinion but I wouldn’t be angry about TL preparing a bid if it ensured we have an option should the Kimura negotiations fall through. Seems sensible to have as many options and safety nets as possible.

However I would take issue if he were delaying the processes deliberately to make the Kimura deal fail.
As a backup yes it makes sense.

But judging by the general consensus on here in the last day or so, it appears this alleged other party has given Ron a sense that he can go his own way if he's not satisfied with the deal on the table.

To be fair, he's said numerous times he's here to offer the football department his contacts. Seeing that we can't sign anyone meaning his role is redundant, I'm not sure what he's expected to say.

Absolutely, Phil and wouldn't expect him to say anything - but it wouldn't stop him working on something behind the scenes though, eh ? Dunno mate - who knows what the Hell is happening (that can say anything :Winking: ) but guess we'll be finding out something a little more definitive in the next 24hrs or so.... Keeping everything x'd though for a positive outcome.

If PG have been paid I would imagine everyone else either has too or is just about to be, otherwise Ron is creating a preference. He can't favour one creditor over another at this stage.
Isn't he doing that by paying players and not staff?

I've clearly missed a trick here but in simple terms, what has TL done that has upset the majority of you? My view was his hands are tied by the guy at the top.

And if he is a part of an interested party looking to buy the club, that would be a conflict of interest so surely is not possible?

Not ITK so it is not clear to me.
Yes I thought major tom was just Ron’s puppet that’s why he been very quiet these last few weeks along with Stan collymore

Their accounts are probably easier to do Those words are banned on than ours. This is why I don't think it's feasible to expect a third party to swoop in now at the last second - anyone interested is going to want/need weeks to pull the company apart and try to get to the bottom of exactly what we owe to who.

This is exactly why Bury never got bought. A dodgy owner hiding all sorts in the financial records to the point where no sane person would knowingly understand what they were even buying.
Mezcal Investments.... anyone? :-(

SVC's been noticeably quiet/absent....?
There is nothing I know about the intricacies of any deal between Ron and any other party.

It is not my role to know.

You could of course say "John Still is quiet", but me being on all platforms, I'm the obvious one to question for some bizarre reason.

I haven't been paid since October.

I'm as much in the know as everyone else in the Football Department.

PS. Anyone seriously questioning Tom Lawrence is so far off the mark it's not even funny. Without him there is a very good chance there would have been no club, several times. Be careful who you throw your vitriol towards is my advice.

My remit is Football Department, Media, Commercial, Supporters. The first two there is literally zero I can add to at the moment, third one I've put some great partners to the club, last one I haven't been able to host my regular monthly meeting because it was decided above me not to.

I hope that's clear enough for everyone on my current input.

Last edited:
There is nothing I know about the intricacies of any deal between Ron and any other party.

It is not my role to know.

You could of course say "John Still is quiet", but me being on all platforms, I'm the obvious one to question for some bizarre reason.

I haven't been paid since October.

I'm as much in the know as everyone else in the Football Department.

My remit is Football Department, Media, Commercial, Supporters. The first two there is literally zero I can add to at the moment, third one I've put some great partners to the club, last one I haven't been able to host my regular monthly meeting because it was decided above me not to.

I hope that's clear enough for everyone on my current input.
I could’ve sworn you said you weren’t taking a wage at the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back