• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Kimura will be around in a few weeks unfortunately. Why on earth would they? What would be achieved? The value of the asset is plummeting.
Well, if they stick to their word, their offer is valid until tomorrow morning then that's it. Not a nice thought and I hope they stick it out a little longer. But completely understand that stance.

I think we will seek a short adjournment tomorrow and it will hopefully be granted. We're probably in for another few weeks of this.

Or... Ron was being a obnoxious **** but was absolutely right, in that it is for the judge to decide tomorrow if the takeover can go ahead. This based on the fact he can't actually sell the assets without permission of the judge or an administrative order, which, in the circumstances would probably cost more to arrange than just sorting it tomorrow at the scheduled hearing.

We know that Ron is the biggest wind up merchant in the wind up court.

All we can do is pray

I think we will seek a short adjournment tomorrow and it will hopefully be granted. We're probably in for another few weeks of this.
Yes. Pretty sure Ron will have a cunning plan to kick that can down the road again. The implications for the football club are of course horrendous. Would that kill the overall deal for Ronnie? Not necessarily....

Yep. As I said yesterday, we are probably going back into Sturrock territory, with Kev having to bolster a squad days before the season begins.
At that point in terms of the club (putting aside the stadium which isn't built) what is the buyer getting? A broken club on the football side. value £10m, £5m? If you were a businessman you would be reluctant to pay £1 for the privilege of repairing it.

I think all this about adjournments, and a few more weeks, and what the NL will let us get away with re the date, is interesting but it assumes there will still be a buyer....which I fear may be the problem....does anyone seriously think Kimura will hang around through all this for much longer or do we think its now or they walk?

The danger is with Ron around, an adjournment and the NL granting further extensions, is actually harming the prospects of a sale and the creditors getting paid. Have to say I was hoping the NL would be precipitating the sale...not enabling Ron to delay it..

At that point in terms of the club (putting aside the stadium which isn't built) what is the buyer getting? A broken club on the football side. value £10m, £5m? If you were a businessman you would be reluctant to pay £1 for the privilege of repairing it.

I think all this about adjournments, and a few more weeks, and what the NL will let us get away with re the date, is interesting but it assumes there will still be a buyer....which I fear may be the problem....does anyone seriously think Kimura will hang around through all this or do we think its now or they walk?
I think it's tomorrow morning early..Deal or NO deal.

Every hour this goes on gets more painful and stressful. Are there any ITKs who can give us some insight around what is happening?

Not really. Kimura are committed to the deal, but it depends on what gets accepted or not whether it goes through.

I've heard there is definately another party involved. I'm not sure they are as rich as Kimura but would stabilise the club. I have a feeling that this other party is connected to the club In someway.

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but on what basis would an adjournment be granted? We’re led to believe Kimura’s offer is only on the table until tomorrow, and if we go into the hearing and they’ve pulled out, we won’t be able to use them as evidence that a deal is close. Is there another group who are close?

If everything is agreed before the deadline but we just need an extra week or so to pay everyone I can see us getting an extension, but if not?

Even if we did get an adjournment, any more than three weeks and we’d surely be kicked out the league as the season would have started.

Again, apologies if I’ve overlooked anything.

I think all this about adjournments, and a few more weeks, and what the NL will let us get away with re the date, is interesting but it assumes there will still be a buyer....which I fear may be the problem....does anyone seriously think Kimura will hang around through all this or do we think its now or they walk?
Maybe there is another party in the background (There may even be two others) and Ron's intention is to sell to them should he not agree terms with Kimura. Which is what I think @ForeverBlue was getting at.

Not really. Kimura are committed to the deal, but it depends on what gets accepted or not whether it goes through.

I've heard there is definately another party involved. I'm not sure they are as rich as Kimura but would stabilise the club. I have a feeling that this other party is connected to the club In someway.
There was talk a long time ago when Tom first joined the club that he had connections that may enable him to one day take over the club. One wonders whether he is behind the mystery party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back