• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron letting this get to tomorrow without a sale agreed would be a remarkable turn of events, but Ron and logic are two things that don't go together.

I can't see Kimura paying more post-adjournment, should one be granted, and I seriously doubt any other bidder will pay more either. Therefore surely it must be Ron hoping either Kimura decide to increase their offer / decrease their demands today, or that the other potential buyer is preferable as it allows Ron to keep more of the pie, so Ron is betting the house on both the court giving a stay of execution and that other bidder coming through.

I know the rumour is that Kimura have put a deadline on this before tomorrow morning, which to me makes total sense, there's no logic in a Kimura takeover post-court hearing unless it's signed pre-court hearing and just logistics to work out in the days after.

Simply put (not ITK) if we get to the hearing without any news then I think that would be the end of Kimura, and with it odds on the end of our club as we know it.

Amazed me how he (and some others at the club) remained above criticism or scrutiny for so long given their senior roles at the club.
I still don't think TL deserves criticism for how the club has been run, but if he's part of a bidder that's confusing the existing takeover negotiations that's really not ideal and would make it almost certain he would be replaced should Kimura manage to get this over the line.

Reactions: GBJ
Can you imagine Kimura carry out all the DD , and Martin gives the club to a TL consortium who have not had to pay for the privilege 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back