• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been a whispers today....

Nearing midday

And no noise at all

So stressed out to the max It's unreal
I cycled past RH on my way home from work this morning at about 08.45, and there was a man in a suit, with a briefcase leaving RH.

Unfortunately I needed to go to bed because I am working again tonight so I have no idea who he was, or where he was going - but I am taking it as a good sign.

On a technicality the Club/Company cannot be sold while it is under a Winding Up Petition (WUP). The WUP cannot be removed until the court case on Wednesday morning. So the Club cannot be sold before Wednesday - but all the paperwork can be in place.

"Once your company receives a petition you have fewer options available;

It is almost impossible to put the company into creditors voluntary liquidation.

• You CANNOT sell the company or the assets, as this sale may be reversed by the Court
  • You cannot issue a Notice of Intention (NOI) to appoint an administrator
  • You cannot issue new securities or charges
  • You cannot put the company into pre-pack administration"

I have been thinking about this for a while and whilst we all make comment about RM selling the club I actually don’t think that is a true description of what’s going on here

The majority shareholder ( South Eastern Leisure) own 70.62% of the shares so what is being sold is SE Leisure’s shares not the company.

I cycled past RH on my way home from work this morning at about 08.45, and there was a man in a suit, with a briefcase leaving RH.

Unfortunately I needed to go to bed because I am working again tonight so I have no idea who he was, or where he was going - but I am taking it as a good sign.
Surely he would have parked in the car park at Roots Hall or got a taxi right to the entrance to the stadium (not viewable from the road) rather than walk suited and booted holding a briefcase

I fully agree with you. Why is he doing this? I honestly don’t know, nothing Ron does is logical or makes sense. I’m just letting you know what I’ve been told.

Have a listen to the video from last night again. Ron said, “If Kimura or SOMEONE ELSE want to buy the club, they are welcome to it”

Why would he say someone else if a deal with Kimura was almost finalised?

If some fans don’t want to believe me, I’ll respect their opinion, that’s your choice, this is an open forum after all and we aren’t always going to agree and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I fully trust the person who told me this information.
Can you ask that person who the someone else is,im sure every supporter would love to know, After all everyone was told who the two parties were bidding for Man Utd, so why not the two parties bidding for SUFC ,

I think we will seek a short adjournment tomorrow and it will hopefully be granted. We're probably in for another few weeks of this.
Yep. As I said yesterday, we are probably going back into Sturrock territory, with Kev having to bolster a squad days before the season begins.

how would you all react to an adjournment?
It would be a ****ing disaster for next seasons prospects to be quite honest. But that's been the case for weeks now. Next season is gone, it's about staying up.

Would Bridge, Ralph etc hang around?

Embargo would remain. Staff would remain unpaid.

Would we even be able to play friendlies or train properly?

It would just prolong the agony and mess further for everyone.

But, if at the end of July it meant Ron was gone for good?....A few more weeks of torture to finally be rid of the ****?

Yep. As I said yesterday, we are probably going back into Sturrock territory, with Kev having to bolster a squad days before the season begins.
That's where my money is going. I don't think Ron is committed to the Kimura bid so is probably holding out for the "third bid" (assuming they still exist, but several people seem to believe they do) and will test Kimura's resolve to walk away as they have said they would.

THE WAR CHEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back