• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.

In come PG S***e-I mean Site Services with one of the worst takes I've seen throughout this entire debacle 🤡

If only Ron could think of the distress caused to some people who have not received pay for an entire FINANCIAL QUARTER. A few people outside his house is getting off lightly compared to some owners down the years.
I've backed them up until this tweet, I know they have put serious money in and it is hugely appreciated. But this tweet (amongst others) is unnecessary and antagonistic.

Why are they getting involved? All it has done is worsen their relationship and stoked the fire at the worst possible time.

They can get in the bin with Ron. Rather have a shirt with no sponsor on to be honest, if this is how they are going to behave.

In come PG S***e-I mean Site Services with one of the worst takes I've seen throughout this entire debacle 🤡

If only Ron could think of the distress caused to some people who have not received pay for an entire FINANCIAL QUARTER. A few people outside his house is getting off lightly compared to some owners down the years.
39 words and not a single comma or full-stop. Like a child wrote it. Easily the most tinpot/amateurish sponsors we've ever had.

Talk about Pot and Kettle. They were constantly digging him out on Twitter and they were part of the court petitoin at the last hearing and they think that a few fans around RM@s are worse than them... Laughable.

It's been said that the protest out sid him home is wrong Because of the distress it causes his family and grandchildren Well I'm sorry to say that that man has caused a lot of distress to every fan of our club And he couldn't give a toss
Not to mention the dedicated and loyal employees of the professional football club he owns that have not been paid for more than three months...

39 words and not a single comma or full-stop. Like a child wrote it. Easily the most tinpot/amateurish sponsors we've ever had.
To be fair, they're a match made in heaven for the club in its current state under Ron.

I've backed them up until this tweet, I know they have put serious money in and it is hugely appreciated. But this tweet (amongst others) is unnecessary and antagonistic. Why are they getting involved? All it has done is worsen their relationship and stoked the fire. They can get in the bin with Ron.
For me that tweet misses the mark so badly that there is no redeeming it for me as a supporter. I don't see PG posting something like that unless they've received some/all of their dough considering how angry they were previously. So at least they're alright while the ship is sinking, good for them.

Been discussing with someone I sit with on a matchday and he says he won't even buy a kit with their name on it after that. To be honest, I'm feeling much the same now.

To be fair, they're a match made in heaven for the club in its current state under Ron.

For me that tweet misses the mark so badly that there is no redeeming it for me as a supporter. I don't see PG posting something like that unless they've received some/all of their dough considering how angry they were previously. So at least they're alright while the ship is sinking, good for them.

Been discussing with someone I sit with on a matchday and he says he won't even buy a kit with their name on it after that. To be honest, I'm feeling much the same now.
I can see fans gaffa taping over the logo if somehow we ended up with a team to support next season.

That’s the official party line, as it is with all sports. The reality is, these people who sit in board rooms are only really concerned about money & making as much of it as they can.

Southend United Football Club is a benefit to their league. That’s not being disparaging to the NL, it’s just a fact. Even in a state of distress, we generate interest. Just as the likes of Orient, Notts C, Chesterfield, Luton etc etc have done in the recent past.

We’re still a big beast at this level and the NL love having the big names down here as it lucrative for them. All of this, I’m sure, will be considered during their decision making process.

As @Smiffy and @Medway Blue have said, I’d be cautiously optimistic that we’d receive (yet another) stay of execution, at least until the eve of the new season.

Afterall, who benefits from us being kicked out now? The NL would actually lose money. Whether that’s a negligible or significant figure is debatable, of course.
Not in its current state it's not.

From the NL rules. Now this relates to a CVA, so not entirely relatable to us, but the date of 31st July could give us a good steer as to when the NL may lose their patience with our situation. If they haven't already of course...

In the event of a Club being subject to an Insolvency Event at the date of the AGM, then the Club may be subject to such sanction as the Board may determine, (including expulsion from membership of the Competition) unless the Board is satisfied that by no later than 5pm on 31 July (or, if the 31 July falls on a weekend, 5pm on the immediately preceding Business Day) that the Club (or any new entity to which its membership is subsequently transferred under 2.9.2 above) is in a financial position to complete all of its fixtures for the immediate following Playing Season.

Distress?

What about the distress you've caused to the players, the staff and their families, and all the creditors you owe hundreds of thousands of pounds to? Some of which being small businesses relying on timely payments to survive? What a completely ill-judged tweet.

If PG have been paid I would imagine everyone else either has too or is just about to be, otherwise Ron is creating a preference. He can't favour one creditor over another at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back