• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I think this story couldn't twist any more it confounds me again.

If RM is truly waiting for the judge's decision tomorrow then he is insane. I think it MAY be more likely that this is expectation management - he thinks a deal might be possible today and by making you think otherwise will seek to portray himself as some kind of hero for plucking victory from the jaws of defeat.

Whether a deal gets done or not, I fear the NL are a real problem now, especially if they are going to make integrity of their competition the main criterion :

• it has already suffered some marginal damage - 25 days to kick off, and one club is making no serious efforts to prepare
  • if it's an adjournment being sought tomorrow, they are surely entitled to think that there is no evidence they can safely rely upon to keep you in the fold? This is where loads of past history counts against you, and any decision along those lines is clearly defensible
  • sounds brutal, but if they expel you, you become the FA's problem, and not theirs

All the above makes me think any rational person will strike a deal today. Incidentally, I saw someone mention speculation that the agreed price may be around £10m. If that is anywhere near right, RM should be snatching their hands off. Our current owner only paid £8.2m for Blackpool, and for that he got a L1 club, a training ground, a thriving hotel and a stadium with significant rental income.

Good luck. This is deeply sad on so many levels. I wish there was something that could be done to help, other than offering sympathy and moral support.

Southend United chairman tells fans club won't be sold before Wednesday​

Southend United owner tells fans club won't be sold before Wednesday​

11 hrs ago
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
FOOTBALL
SPORT

By Chris Phillips@cjphillips1982Chief sports reporter
9 Comments
Under-fire - Southend United chairman Ron Martin (left) (Image: FOCUS IMAGES)

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin has tonight told fans protesting outside his house that a deal to sell the club will not be completed before Wednesday.
A group of around 12 frustrated supporters gathered at Martin’s home to express their displeasure at how the club is being run.
And one fan, who did not wish to be named, has told Echosport what was said.
“Ron Martin came out to talk at one point and he told us and I quote because it was recorded, it won’t happen before Wednesday that’s for sure,” said the concerned fan.
“I know some people might think going to his house is a step too far, I used to think that that too.
“But I just care too much to sit back and watch this club die.
“We want to know what’s going on and fans who have supported the club up and down the country deserve to know what is going on too.”
The Shrimpers will be back in the High Court on Wednesday to face a winding up petition from HMRC which was adjourned in May.
Some staff at Roots Hall have gone four months without being paid while the club has been in a transfer embargo since September due to money owed to HMRC.
Anna Firth,MP for Southend West, and members of the Shrimpers Trust met with the National League earlier today amid fears the club would not be allowed to continue in the fifth tier of English football next season.

Maybe he's finally repaid them what he owes them so they've changed their tune, haha.
No idea what's changed with them considering they're still on the WUP last we heard?

All fine for them to pursue those routes of challenging Ron but how will the average fan get their message across?

The league are concerned with the integrity of their competition.

That’s the official party line, as it is with all sports. The reality is, these people who sit in board rooms are only really concerned about money & making as much of it as they can.

Southend United Football Club is a benefit to their league. That’s not being disparaging to the NL, it’s just a fact. Even in a state of distress, we generate interest. Just as the likes of Orient, Notts C, Chesterfield, Luton etc etc have done in the recent past.

We’re still a big beast at this level and the NL love having the big names down here as it lucrative for them. All of this, I’m sure, will be considered during their decision making process.

As @Smiffy and @Medway Blue have said, I’d be cautiously optimistic that we’d receive (yet another) stay of execution, at least until the eve of the new season.

Afterall, who benefits from us being kicked out now? The NL would actually lose money. Whether that’s a negligible or significant figure is debatable, of course.

In come PG S***e-I mean Site Services with one of the worst takes I've seen throughout this entire debacle 🤡

If only Ron could think of the distress caused to some people who have not received pay for an entire FINANCIAL QUARTER. A few people outside his house is getting off lightly compared to some owners down the years.
Talk about Pot and Kettle. They were constantly digging him out on Twitter and they were part of the court petition at the last hearing and they think that a few fans around RM@s are worse than them... Laughable.

Last edited:
That’s the official party line, as it is with all sports. The reality is, these people who sit in board rooms are only really concerned about money & making as much of it as they can.

Southend United Football Club is a benefit to their league. That’s not being disparaging to the NL, it’s just a fact. Even in a state of distress, we generate interest. Just as the likes of Orient, Notts C, Chesterfield, Luton etc etc have done in the recent past.

We’re still a big beast at this level and the NL love having the big names down here as it lucrative for them. All of this, I’m sure, will be considered during their decision making process.

As @Smiffy and @Medway Blue have said, I’d be cautiously optimistic that we’d receive (yet another) stay of execution, at least until the eve of the new season.

Afterall, who benefits from us being kicked out now? The NL would actually lose money. Whether that’s a negligible or significant figure is debatable, of course.
They might let it run to 22nd very very latest. That seems to have been the case in the past? But the water is about to be cut off, players can't train, no medical support, no physios, new training pitch neglected, embargo... I would be astonished if Kimura put up with this beyond tomorrow. Forget the trifling £1.5m from the DD, the damage being done now, and would be done between now and 22nd, can also be monetised and is arguably potentially far worse....

"Once your company receives a petition you have fewer options available;
It is almost impossible to put the company into creditors voluntary liquidation.

• You cannot issue new securities or charges
Which is why Ron submitted the £15m of charges against the company in the 33 days we've not been under threat of a WUP since the last but one was presented on 22nd September 2022, although it only got to court 9th November 2022 IIRC. That's almost 10 months & we are still deep in the ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back