• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all. Lurker here - rarely post but keeping a keen eye on things as we all are. For what its worth I think its easy to forget this is not really about a football club (sadly). This is a property deal with a football club attached. That football club underpins the FF scheme (as it currently is) so is something of a linchpin in the whole affair.

We have all wanted that scum bag out of our club for god knows how long, its a shame that he waited until it was all collapsing around him to decided (be forced)to sell.

The one thing Ronald is very good at is looking after himself and his family. This is why ultimately I believe things will get resolved in the near term. He wont pass up the opportunity to claw something out of this. Maybe with a points deduction and maybe with a relegation (lets hope neither) but we will have someone new at the helm and a new start for our club and for us fans.

Im looking forward to that excitement of the new, of embargo lifted and Kev being able to build is squad back up and for the collective stress and gloom to have been lifted from all our shoulders. It will happen! Im choosing to be positive! UTB!

Let's not forget that the deal is being handled by lawyers. Many on here have alluded to the relationship being fractious between the two sides, so I doubt they have actually spoken to each other often.
Yeah, this. I'm not even sure that the major players on either side are always fully up-to-date or appraised of the exact state of play at that exact moment.

Have a listen to the video from last night again. Ron said, “If Kimura or SOMEONE ELSE want to buy the club, they are welcome to it”
He also said he'd be gone by August, which was an odd thing to say. Ties into the theory that he's stringing it along as much as he can but, whoever he ends up selling to, it has to be done by August as the NL likely won't let us start the season in such an uncertain state.

If there is another group headed by Tom Lawrence, it would seem strange that he wouldn't want to conclude a deal before Wednesday morning. He, more than anyone would know of the potential serious consequences of missing the 12th July deadline.
I don't know how serious a TL consortium is, but they won't have a lot of moolah and certainly couldn't compete with Kimura's offer so he probably wouldn't be in a position to force the issue.

Chill people……we are hanging on. Wednesday won’t be an issue (we are not getting wound and will not get kicked out the league - worst case I’m being told based on the situation is points deduction)

Champagne still on ice for West Stand Blue but it won’t be to long now
National League said yesterday that a points deduction is not on the table at the moment and is unlikely to be applied as things stand. They tend to use them mostly for insolvency events, unfulfilled fixtures and financial irregularities. Their regulations give them the flexibility to apply one to us if they see fit but as of yesterday, it's not being considered right now.

The NL would also be mad to sanction us as that would effectively be them thinking they were more powerful than the Courts. So I'm confident we would get the adjournment and limp on for another 28 days and then the hearing is dismissed.

However, this is the bit I don't get - and I'm happy to be educated on here by anyone who knows - will we not have to stay under the embargo until the new date?
On the first point - they have been very helpful and understanding so far and really don't want to see us go under, but they have the integrity of a competition to uphold. They are working within their rules but there will come a time when the rules will dictate that they have to act.

On the second point, not necessarily. I gather from what they said yesterday that if a sale was completed before the next adjourned court date, that the new owners were showing that they were trying to get the club back onto a healthier and more sustainable financial footing and showing proof of ability and intent to pay off all the debts, then the National League would consider lifting the embargo there and then.

Last edited:
On a technicality the Club/Company cannot be sold while it is under a Winding Up Petition (WUP). The WUP cannot be removed until the court case on Wednesday morning. So the Club cannot be sold before Wednesday - but all the paperwork can be in place.

"Once your company receives a petition you have fewer options available;

It is almost impossible to put the company into creditors voluntary liquidation.

• You CANNOT sell the company or the assets, as this sale may be reversed by the Court
  • You cannot issue a Notice of Intention (NOI) to appoint an administrator
  • You cannot issue new securities or charges
  • You cannot put the company into pre-pack administration"
This post explains so much. If this had been highlighted weeks ago the zone would of not been in meltdown.

So contracts have probably been prepared, everyone affected i.e. players staff signings etc have been informed and it was always going to be wednesday 12th or after. I am now only 25% pessimistic.

Interesting that the £1.5m apparently discovered through DD is bout the same as an additional year in the NL will cost. So we can assume that Kimura aren't remotely relaxed about damage on the pitch, and a points deduction threat would/should make them a lot unhappier still. We fans may not be as concerned but Kimura cam monetize it- and the league is very open this year. One of the reasons I though surely Kimura has given a drop dead deadline (e.g. tomorrow). Ron clearly believes otherwise.
Before when a documentary was thrown around I didn't really see it, but now its clear as day. A points deduction just adds some extra sauce to the against all odds storyline. Assuming we still exist... Small detail.

How can he stand there in that video say it’s not me nothing ever is his fault the last 10 years he had ruined this club

Can someone share the extended video as I’m not on socials so can’t see it. Saw the 14 sec clip but would like to see/listen to the longer version please

On a technicality the Club/Company cannot be sold while it is under a Winding Up Petition (WUP). The WUP cannot be removed until the court case on Wednesday morning. So the Club cannot be sold before Wednesday - but all the paperwork can be in place.

"Once your company receives a petition you have fewer options available;

It is almost impossible to put the company into creditors voluntary liquidation.

• You CANNOT sell the company or the assets, as this sale may be reversed by the Court
  • You cannot issue a Notice of Intention (NOI) to appoint an administrator
  • You cannot issue new securities or charges
  • You cannot put the company into pre-pack administration"
Now that is very encouraging

• Love
Reactions: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back