• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find strange is that we seem to have nobody with an understanding of what is actually holding the deal up.

“It’s not me, it’s the other side”. I think if this was genuinely the case, something would have leaked out?

What normal, sane, serious businessman would stand out on the street and speak to people protesting at his home in this manner just as negotiations are at a crucial point ahead of a court hearing which could see the football club be wound up?

So I don’t know what to make of this.

Is it ego, the last chance to play pantomime villain before he sails off into the sunset with his payout?

Or some ham fisted attempt to force a few extra quid out of the deal at the last minute?

Or it’s genuinely true and he enjoys the distress it causes?

What I find strange is that we seem to have nobody with an understanding of what is actually holding the deal up.

“It’s not me, it’s the other side”. I think if this was genuinely the case, something would have leaked out?
An agreement was made in principle. Those words are banned uncovered details that meant that the sale price had to be reduced. Ron refused. Fin.

I see it as two possible realities -

1.) RM is being RM and egotistically, selfishly, disgustingly winding up fans at the last hour as some sort of ‘why not’ moment.

Or

2.) it’s true.

Reactions: TJC
Problem is the city council has a quota of houses to build which is set by government I believe. It may have increased in number once we became a city, so while protesting is good cant see they will change their minds sadly

THERE IS NO F*&£!#G QUOTA!!!

Please people understand before one of us dies!

So many people are posting this and it simply is not true.

Michael Gove the then Housing Secretary abolished mandatory house building targets in December 2022.

Who knows? I’m guessing the meeting today was super constructive. Nearly there.

Whether I’m guessing or choosing so I can sleep tonight… who knows

Oh, erm, lol? 🤷‍♂️
Honesty it's so ridiculous here. So many people strung along by this Wolfy character, then half a dozen I've heard this I've heard that's. For once I think Ron is telling the truth. It's not been agreed and it's down to the judge and NL to determine our fate, though I do think it'll happen ... but that's without any inside knowledge. However, I'm not hanging onto anyone's word on here.... its all just hot air.

Ron is telling the truth and he believes he is in the right. He thinks Kimura are the villains because they had to amend the deal based on what was uncovered in the DD process.
So the best we could really hope for is as we get close to the Wednesday deadline, one side breaks a little and they meet somewhere in the middle between the original sale price and what Kimura are currently offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back