• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Looks like an adjournment and emergency funds being applied for to keep us breathing.
Good news for Ron bad news for us....Ron will take this in a flash. Delay decision, cans, roads...although there will be no emergency funds. That will be just hot air with no delivery but maybe the judge will buy it...

Emergency funds from where? We cannot get funds to pay our loyal staff and players on time? It`s a mess, and going forward it will get worse!!? Martin getting away with reducing our club to oblivion!!?
He. Needs. To. Sell.
Anything that gets in the way of this or delays it is not good.

I've no idea what, if any, precedent there is for any emergency funds or what that would entail, but even if they were granted, that sounds like another mechanism to prolong the agony. I wouldn't enable us to sign any players, wouldn't give any certainty for the long term future of the club, and would only enable Ron to string out the process.

Emergency funds from where? We cannot get funds to pay our loyal staff and players on time? It`s a mess, and going forward it will get worse!!? Martin getting away with reducing our club to oblivion!!?
Anna asked the National League about an 'emergency relief payment'.

I said previously that it wouldn't surprise me if Ron pays HMRC on Wednesday and manages to convince the league to give him more time. He alluded to selling land (he did this for the last payment too) to fund it. Nothing ever surprises me with that man. I'm not saying it's probable, just that it wouldn't shock me.

Whatever happens, this is all surreal and I can't quite compute it all. My club could be dead in two days time and it's going out in a whimper. Unbelievable every time I try to process it. One man can do this to something that reaches out to so many people. Sickening!

Anna asked the National League about an 'emergency relief payment'.

I said previously that it wouldn't surprise me if Ron pays HMRC on Wednesday and manages to convince the league to give him more time. He alluded to selling land (he did this for the last payment too) to fund it. Nothing ever surprises me with that man. I'm not saying it's probable, just that it wouldn't shock me.

Whatever happens, this is all surreal and I can't quite compute it all. My club could be dead in two days time and it's going out in a whimper. Unbelievable every time I try to process it. One man can do this to something that reaches out to so many people. Sickening!
I took it as emergency relief payment from DCMS? Which would be very unlikely to materialise. Why would national league dig into there pockets for the sort of sums involved? They would see it as an alarming precedent and risk to funds for which they are really a custodian on behalf of other member clubs (who would have a view!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back