• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting point and something I hadn’t thought about
A withdrawal of the current offer would put us miles back in the sale process in the eyes of the court, potentially without any viable bid/sale at all.

Obviously the above depends upon whether any of these alleged other parties actually exist, and whether they're serious enough to earn the club a stay of execution.

I don't think the judge will be best pleased if we found ourselves further back than we were last time we entered the courtroom.

This!!! Unless the mystery bidder has funds, or he’s able to sell that land (both unlikely). The club will go.

IF it’s the mystery bidder unless this is at a sale stage, then he’s playing league lottery - and I think the club will go.

It seems there are 4 outcomes.

- he has the money
- he accepts kimuras bid and complete sale
- he accepts another bid and completes sale
- we have no football club, Ron no planning permission and no £ from a sale.

There is no logic in the 4th state. That’s what I’m clinging to. But I’ve been wrong many times before with Ron M
Ron don’t have the money on 1st state and he got no money for 4th state. 2nd state and 3rd state is more likely for us to be saved. There is no more adjournment as time is running out.

I think he can use it, or at least try and use it, as evidence that progress towards a sale has occurred since last court date but further time is needed to conclude negotiations, either with Kimura or another party.
In my humble opinion, not gonna fly if Kimura are definitely going to pull the offer as threatened.

We would be banking on any serious mystery parties coming out the woodwork with strong evidence of a sale process.

I think he can use it, or at least try and use it, as evidence that progress towards a sale has occurred since last court date but further time is needed to conclude negotiations, either with Kimura or another party. Or he could say was in advanced talks with party A but that has stalled and now needs more time to advance talks with party B
The elephant in the room being the NL even if the judge was inclined to buy this...

I think he can use it, or at least try and use it, as evidence that progress towards a sale has occurred since last court date but further time is needed to conclude negotiations, either with Kimura or another party. Or he could say was in advanced talks with party A but that has stalled and now needs more time to advance talks with party B
Well I think generally judges are quite intelligent people so I cannot see them falling for that........ he has had his last chance so it's either accept the offer on the table prior to Wednesday morning or we all will be absolutely devastated ! ! !

Maybe Ron's endgame is to reduce the value of the club to a point where he can afford to keep it. He'll refuse the pay off the debts. We get thrown out and end up in the Essex Senior League where his limited funds are enough!

Before anyone takes this seriously, it's a joke!

Is it? The real estate that is Roots Hall doesn’t lose value. 21,000 new stadium? That would be ludicrous. 4/5,000 maybe. If Ron’s priority was a quiet life he would have fkd off years ago.

Now the honest part. I’m sure there’s nothing Ron would have liked more that to leave us in the glory of a lower half Championship finish because that would have ticked all his boxes and brought the greatest reward for himself. He couldn’t achieve this. His manoeuvrings to place himself in a position to end up as a man of substance in the property development world (the Essex Trump) remain largely unfulfilled but the end game is nigh.

The involvement of Anna Firth MP (all credit to her), the NL and the DCMS at this late stage strongly suggests to me that the proposed Kimura takeover will not take place by Wednesday, if at all.
What did Fraser used to say in Dad’s Army?

Whether this is true or not would depend on who you speak to.

If you speak to RM right now, he'll probably say it doesn't meet his requirements and so is dead in the water.

If you speak to Kimura, the offer remains on the table and all it requires is RM to realise that he needs to sell and won't get a better offer for the deal to go through.

It is definitely at stand-off and "who blinks first" stage, though.
Someone better blink f@#king quick then!

Ron martin and your son .If our club gets wound up on weds .I hope you two rot in hell .I like many shrimpers have supported Southend united a dam site longer than your 25 years at the helm .I would say nearly all supportes would like to see you struck of from being in charge of any club or any company .You have proven you are a lier A cheat and and would not know the truth if it hit you on the head .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back