• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that one deluded man can gamble with our football club?

How do people know that come Wednesday he is going to get another adjournment?

It has been made pretty clear, he needs to stump up what is owed historically for the WUP to be cleared?

Time is ticking, the silence is deafening, and players, staff, etc... will soon be making decisions on their futures. To have to go through what they have endured up to now, and that it could happen again in the future?

For us to be 1 day away from the court hearing in this mess is insane.

This is not aimed at us fans, but, slap bang in Martins lap!!

F**cking annoyed is an understatement.

That's exactly what Martin's banking on. We know he doesn't give a **** about the club, so this kind of outcome is merely some small collateral damage for him. Meanwhile, the continual can-kicking leads to more and more of the club's (limited) intrinsic value ebbing away. It's not business, it's an ego-trip. He thinks he can win. He will never get a better chance to release himself from this millstone round his neck than now.
He doesn’t seem to live on this planet. Just a game to him isn’t it? Why on earth would he persist with this charade, it’s beyond stupidity, ignorance and greed. Stooping this low is a new low and unforgivable.

Getting to the point now where I’m gonna be shocked & surprised if we get taken over . Feels like it’s only going one way and I ****ing hate it

I have zero inside knowledge or understanding of this whole thing, but I'm starting to envision one of two scenario's now, as my hope for Ron accepting the offer that is supposedly on the table diminishes by the hour:

1) Ron bets the house on getting another adjournment and Anna Firth pleads the case for the judge to accept a weeks final adjournment with it being 100% clear that this is the final warning, the entire debt must be paid off before a date in court a week later.
2) Ron bets the house on getting another adjournment, loses, we're ****ed.

I have no idea of 1 is plausible, the wording from the statement on the OS stated the funds must be paid off before the next hearing, but was it ever explicitly mentioned as being a final warning?

Currently it feels like a coin toss between the two, with an outside chance of a deal actually getting agreed. Truly perilous times.

If Kimura are saying they will withdraw their offer following Wednesday, Ron can hardly use them as proof of a sale can he?
This is my concern as well. Unless this mysterious 3rd party have reached an advanced stage, how can he use an imminent sale as a reason for adjournment if Kimura’s offer has expired.

In the case of no sale being close, our existence would rely on either Ron paying or on the judge being convinced by Ron that he will be able to find a way to pay. Neither of those options fill me with much hope.

If Kimura are saying they will withdraw their offer following Wednesday, Ron can hardly use them as proof of a sale can he?
This!!! Unless the mystery bidder has funds, or he’s able to sell that land (both unlikely). The club will go.

IF it’s the mystery bidder unless this is at a sale stage, then he’s playing league lottery - and I think the club will go.

It seems there are 4 outcomes.

- he has the money
- he accepts kimuras bid and complete sale
- he accepts another bid and completes sale
- we have no football club, Ron no planning permission and no £ from a sale.

There is no logic in the 4th state. That’s what I’m clinging to. But I’ve been wrong many times before with Ron M

I think he can use it, or at least try and use it, as evidence that progress towards a sale has occurred since last court date but further time is needed to conclude negotiations, either with Kimura or another party. Or he could say was in advanced talks with party A but that has stalled and now needs more time to advance talks with party B

Does he sign the deal at the last minute, turn up at the court and say “not my problem mate” speak to the new owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back