• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Kimura could go back in with an extra few quid so Ron thinks he’s won? Obviously not the £1.3m or whatever was quoted by wolfy Jack. But a sweetener?
I couldn't answer that one mate, I'm afraid. I'd suggest at the moment that it's a "take it or leave it" offer. The club's value is decreasing by the day, I feel, and RM is risking it decreasing further after Wednesday. I can't see them upping their offer. It feels very much down to RM to have an epiphany.

I couldn't answer that one mate, I'm afraid. I'd suggest at the moment that it's a "take it or leave it" offer. The club's value is decreasing by the day, I feel, and RM is risking it decreasing further after Wednesday. I can't see them upping their offer. It feels very much down to RM to have an epiphany.
Agree everyday that goes bye, the value of the club reduces

Yep. He either accepts the offer, or his pigheadedness will probably lead us into an adjournment, further can kicking and an almost complete destruction of the playing/staff side of the club, perhaps worse if the NL take aim. I can fully see a Paul Sturrock-esque situation brewing, if he doesn't do the right thing in the next 24/36hrs.

Yep. He either accepts the offer, or his pigheadedness will probably lead us into an adjournment, further can kicking and an almost complete destruction of the playing/staff side of the club, perhaps worse if the NL take aim. I can fully see a Paul Sturrock-esque situation brewing, if he doesn't do the right thing in the next 24/36hrs.
Spot on

Maybe Ron's endgame is to reduce the value of the club to a point where he can afford to keep it. He'll refuse the pay off the debts. We get thrown out and end up in the Essex Senior League where his limited funds are enough!

Before anyone takes this seriously, it's a joke!

So Ron wakes up tomorrow and “Oh my gosh I’ve been wrong all these years. Instead of waiting for the court date I should’ve sorted it out the day before!

An adjournement would mean we don't plsy this season, right?

An adjournement would mean we don't plsy this season, right?
I'm no expert and won't pretend to know the answer. But I would be very surprised if the NL just booted us out, without at least a points deduction etc first. That's not say they won't consider it, they have to uphold the integrity of their competition of course. But I would be surprised and obviously gutted if that was their course of action on Wednesday, should a sale not be completed. Either way, Ron is playing with fire and it's all on him should anything happen...

This was my thought exactly. Kimura's deal off the table by the 12th, RM fails in his bid to squirrel his way out of this one. Kimura then tell the court they will buy the club immediately the court puts it into administration, allowing them to clear the debts and with the full backing on the NL (I expect that they are fully involved one way or another). Yes, it would mean administration and a points deduction, but it also puts Kimura firmly in the driving seat, particularly if what I suspect is something smelly emerging from the DD. Also bear in mind my other post earlier...
I'm not sure Kimura can do that. They have no right to speak st the proceedings

I'm no expert and won't pretend to know the answer. But I would be very surprised if the NL just booted us out, without at least a points deduction etc first. That's not say they won't consider it, but I would be surprised and obviously gutted.
That's exactly what Martin's banking on. We know he doesn't give a **** about the club, so this kind of outcome is merely some small collateral damage for him. Meanwhile, the continual can-kicking leads to more and more of the club's (limited) intrinsic value ebbing away. It's not business, it's an ego-trip. He thinks he can win. He will never get a better chance to release himself from this millstone round his neck than now.

If it is true that Kimura have given Ron a deadline of am Wednesday then surely his legal team will advise him that the game is up and he should sign whatever is on offer on the table.

They can't, I don't believe. The administrators wouldn't do that (although I think they did with Ken Bates at Leeds but got in to a lot of trouble for it) as they would have to invite offers and take the best one. That will take time, time we don't have.
Okay, makes sense. I knew that it had been done previously, but not that there were issues. Makes sense though!

If it is true that Kimura have given Ron a deadline of am Wednesday then surely his legal team will advise him that the game is up and he should sign whatever is on offer on the table.
He takes advice from one person and one person only. Any guesses?

This is also why our beloved club is in the complete ****ing mess it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back