• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really couldn’t say at this moment in time but Ron’s just using Kimura.

If Ron really loved the club (as he claims he does) then this sale would have been completed a long time ago. However the Martin’s have put pay to that with their dirty tactics. If you think Ron’s been bad in the past, you have no idea just how low he’s stooping now at the expense of our beloved club.
ForeverBlue, call me cynical, but that’s some 2 opening messages you have put out at this time. Appreciate you have said you aren’t looking to stir at this time given the boiling pot, but unless I have missed something you joined back in November and have only just put a couple of messages out now and not posted before, just seems a little coincidental.

Personally I think you are genuinely not looking to stir the pot with it at boiling point, but and it comes down to the old comments everyone says about ITK posters believe them or not it’s up to you, but out of curiosity why now? Why have you shared your sources info at this point? Why not before? Appreciate you can’t give specifics but how close is your source for this info? Could argue they are not that close as this first snippet shared.

As I say not to call you out, but more interested why now and why has your source not fed you info before? Or have you have just kept the info close to yourself which many of the ITK do and only share info they can as and when it’s possible. As I say this is just genuine intrigue to make a balanced opinion of the info you have kindly shared.

I was convinced early on Wolfy was Son of Ron. Anyhow the account has probably served its purpose and is yesterday’s chip paper now. It seemed whilst various stuff was to build credibility and denial about being in the Ron camp, strip it out and the purpose indeed was to build the idea that there were other bidders, that Kimura might not be the best bidder etc.
Today we have another post suggesting there is another bidder? If ultimately the source is via the club I think it’s more disinformation to try and put pressure on Kimura.
I’m sure this rumour about splitting the deal in two originated from the Ron camp too. On reflection it just wouldn’t suit Kimura and would suit Ron very much.
Ron is clearly trying every trick in the book to get leverage even at the last.

Me too. I was at a charity darts match and Jack managed a 9 dart finish

When the Martin family are mentioned. I always equate them to the Adams Family, maybe because of his faulty towers in Benfleet.
Or is this prolonged takeover getting to me 😜
I was on the phone to a family member this morning, and although he's not particularly interested in football I mentioned our plight. He then recounted a story. A while back he attended a family wedding where he observed the presence of of someone we know with a group of none too salubrious individuals (including past owner of a local nightclub). He refered to the group, endearingly, as the 'Southend Mafia!'

Last edited:
Pathetic really that I am wishing my life away to know the outcome of Wednesday morning.

No matter the result, I can never forgive Ron for what he has put the club, the staff and myself through
Your not alone I am a mature senior and would like to think I have experienced a bit of life but what we are all going through really is dominating my life at the moment....... I also will never forgive Con Martin so he and his son should do one asap.

I really couldn’t say at this moment in time but Ron’s just using Kimura.

If Ron really loved the club (as he claims he does) then this sale would have been completed a long time ago. However the Martin’s have put pay to that with their dirty tactics. If you think Ron’s been bad in the past, you have no idea just how low he’s stooping now at the expense of our beloved club.
Shall we go and March on his house out some of our pressure on him ??? Naaaaaaa we don’t care that much

Very little would surprise me at this point.

Let's take the conjecture out of it and look at the facts -

Wednesday is a deadline set by the Court. If Kimura haven't bought it by then, then Ron needs to have raised enough money from other sources to have paid off all parties associated with the WUP. This includes the £1.5m issue that came up over the DD period (which is fact; not conjecture) so Ron has got to raise a lot more than he would have had to have done.

Wednesday is also a deadline set by Kimura. If they haven't bought it by then, they walk away.

If Kimura buy it we are saved, at least in the short to medium term. All debts paid, place in NL confirmed. All good.

If Ron decides to go for an adjournment, he may pass up Kimura and go for the other bidder (there is one; that's a fact) but it's unlikely that it will be done by Wednesday. It may not be done in time to prevent the NL taking action and there's no guarantee a judge will agreed to it either.

In other words, all options are on the table and time is running out.

To quote Roy Kent (for the Ted Lasso fans) - FAAAAAAAACCCCKKKK

He may be deluded but if that happens even him and Jack know how the fans would react

I don't think he is even deluded enough to see this as an option now.

Crowds will plummet. I won't put another penny into the club with Ron Martin still involved.

Its really hard for me to say that but I can't knowingly support the current regime.

I'll just go to away games.

Ron is running out of time and chances. He knows there’s more potential debtors coming out of the woodwork and he needs to sell now
Does he though? Everyone seems to think he’s still playing games and not exactly acting like a man who is teetering on the edge of oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back