• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just down the road from the court there is an audition going on this morning at Covent Garden Opera House. Spotted in the Stage magazine.

Soprano needed for local gig this Wednesday 12th July. Only fat ladies need apply….

Not to defend Jack or Ron or whoever the Wolfy account was but it wasn't set up straight after the announcement of a sale, it had been around for quite a while (December 2021) I had a look at past tweets previously and whilst most were Southend related some related to more mundane things car rentals and asking if if you can take kids to the test match etc

Account might be deleted but the wayback machine is very obliging if people wanted to view the past tweets

I'm not sure why Kimura were more interested in the spoutings of a twitter account rather than getting the deal across the line. I know its a business and they want the business venture at the best possible price, but it really does feel like its the last chance saloon and they are hoping Ron is going to blink before the court case.

I suppose its lucky Ron has a court case otherwise Ron could be playing hardball for a lot longer. At least with the court case it gives everyone a deadline, to which both sides i'm sure have been using that to their advantage. Ron for DD to be completed by and Kimura to hope Ron blinks and caves into their demands

Surely Ron is going to have to fold at the last minute and I love how much that is going to hurt him inside.
I hope every £ lost pains him for what he has put the staff through.

I'd love the fabled documentary to vilify him so much that when his great grandchildren google his name in years to come they are repulsed by the very thought of their own bloodline.

Not to defend Jack or Ron or whoever the Wolfy account was but it wasn't set up straight after the announcement of a sale, it had been around for quite a while (December 2021) I had a look at past tweets previously and whilst most were Southend related some related to more mundane things car rentals and asking if if you can take kids to the test match etc

Account might be deleted but the wayback machine is very obliging if people wanted to view the past tweets

I'm not sure why Kimura were more interested in the spoutings of a twitter account rather than getting the deal across the line. I know its a business and they want the business venture at the best possible price, but it really does feel like its the last chance saloon and they are hoping Ron is going to blink before the court case.

I suppose its lucky Ron has a court case otherwise Ron could be playing hardball for a lot longer. At least with the court case it gives everyone a deadline, to which both sides i'm sure have been using that to their advantage. Ron for DD to be completed by and Kimura to hope Ron blinks and caves into their demands
Indeed. And Ghost of C.F. was posting last year. It just shows you how bloody late Ron left things to actually get this ball rolling. If he’d started sooner - say last September when the wheels fell off and the embargo happened - he’d have had longer to try to find bidders for his desired auction to try to reach his fantasy price. He didn’t, so he hasn’t, so he won’t.

I'm not sure why Kimura were more interested in the spoutings of a twitter account rather than getting the deal across the line.
If I'd spent a six figure sum on DD, in good faith, I think I'd be quite interested if I thought the other side were playing fast and loose with the rules of engagement we had agreed.

There is a very real risk that they will think dealing with these cowboys simply isn't worth it.

Indeed. And Ghost of C.F. was posting last year. It just shows you how bloody late Ron left things to actually get this ball rolling. If he’d started sooner - say last September when the wheels fell off and the embargo happened - he’d have had longer to try to find bidders for his desired auction to try to reach his fantasy price. He didn’t, so he hasn’t, so he won’t.
I think at that time he thought it was going to be easy to raise another 5mill through a bridging loan to tide him over until he got on site at BL. We now know of course that he couldn't raise it and he was stuck with no choice around March but to try and sell.

I was convinced early on Wolfy was Son of Ron. Anyhow the account has probably served its purpose and is yesterday’s chip paper now. It seemed whilst various stuff was to build credibility and denial about being in the Ron camp, strip it out and the purpose indeed was to build the idea that there were other bidders, that Kimura might not be the best bidder etc.
Today we have another post suggesting there is another bidder? If ultimately the source is via the club I think it’s more disinformation to try and put pressure on Kimura.
I’m sure this rumour about splitting the deal in two originated from the Ron camp too. On reflection it just wouldn’t suit Kimura and would suit Ron very much.
Ron is clearly trying every trick in the book to get leverage even at the last.

If I'd spent a six figure sum on DD, in good faith, I think I'd be quite interested if I thought the other side were playing fast and loose with the rules of engagement we had agreed.

There is a very real risk that they will think dealing with these cowboys simply isn't worth it.
Perhaps we could have told them at the start? Would of saved them the DD sum and the time. I just hope that the Judge sees through him on Wednesday, you cannot believe anything that comes out of his mouth!!?

Yes indeed. Only one side broke the NDA, and did so often - starting with the article in the Athletic. If the deal fails and everything goes to ****, if I were the party Ron had been dealing with and abusing I’d be looking at legal routes to recoup the significant expense he’d caused me. I don’t know whether they will do that, but Ron signing the good deal he has on the table would deal with that risk I would think.

Don’t listen to any nonsense that might be spun in the media that no deal is in the table - it is. It just doesn’t have the fantasy number on it that Ron wants. I don’t know any details, or numbers, or even what is or isn’t proposed to be bought. I wish I did! I do know there is a deal though, and that it’s on the table.

I also know Ron and Jack’s issue is that they want more money. Hence Wolfy and Clairvoyant trying to cobble together a narrative to question whether Kimura could ‘afford’ the club.

Yes. The timing of a first post today is odd. I’m pretty sure Kimura are both wise to this and not going to want to change their bid because of a rumour here. There are 48 hours left.

To be honest though, I don’t like posts which take glory in Ron losing money. I can only see those making him (even) more stubborn.

Yes indeed. Only one side broke the NDA, and did so often - starting with the article in the Athletic. If the deal fails and everything goes to ****, if I were the party Ron had been dealing with and abusing I’d be looking at legal routes to recoup the significant expense he’d caused me. I don’t know whether they will do that, but Ron signing the good deal he has on the table would deal with that risk I would think.

Don’t listen to any nonsense that might be spun in the media that no deal is in the table - it is. It just doesn’t have the fantasy number on it that Ron wants. I don’t know any details, or numbers, or even what is or isn’t proposed to be bought. I wish I did! I do know there is a deal though, and that it’s on the table.

I also know Ron and Jack’s issue is that they want more money. Hence Wolfy and Clairvoyant trying to cobble together a narrative to question whether Kimura could ‘afford’ the club.
But does the deal on the table include the stadium and the land the stadium sits upon?

Which could mean Kimura walk away now, or they can trust (as we all know) the Martins very little. The Caymans thing could also mean the Martins trust Kimura very little now. I cant see a positive in this either way for the club.

As i just said if the NL expulsion things is correct then we have till what Lunchtime on Wednesday to resolve the issue and get the deal done?

A very astute interpretation of where we are right now I think.

If you put yourselves in Kimura's shoes you can make a very serious case for cutting your losses and walking away. Any 'normal' business deal would already be dead in the water but as a football club is more than just a business it may not all be lost.

However if you are considering just buying the footballing side of things at the moment, which will require a significant injection of capital to allow it to continue competing, knowing you are then going to have to trust RM and co to be able to negotiate the further aspects of the deal later down the line, that makes it a far more serious issue. Especially as the later stages of negotiation are where you make your investment back.

As a pure business deal all trust has been broken and it's dead in the water.

But does the deal on the table include the stadium and the land the stadium sits upon?
I don’t know - as I said, I don’t know any of the details. It’s covered by an NDA. I know it’s there and that the issue is price, not structure. That’s it. Who would you believe? Kimura or Wolfy/Clarivoyant/Ghost of C.F.?

Hopefully the Martin family have more than met their match with Kimura and will have to stop playing games and agree to the deal.
If Kimura aren't wiping the floor with the haven't a tin-pot to p*** in Martin family then IMHO they aren't the right people to buy the club.

I've been involved in a few buy-outs & investment deals in my many years of bean-counting & little of this one makes much sense without being a full package. Don't forget original FF plans had some elements of enabling development creating other revenue streams that now don't exist.

At the end of the day SUFC itself is a loss making entity & deals splitting this or that element out won't help as all that's left is a "manifestly insolvent" football club. Who would buy that?

At the end of the day Kimura can walk away with very little in losses (in comparison to getting screwed over by Ron). Just time and cost of DD. No real skin off their noses. Ron, on the other hand, has a lot to lose. Just whether he is smart enough to see it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back